Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pushkar GawandeYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 35 yrs old and am suffering from sneezing and nasal discharge since last 10 years, I have got my allergic check up and according to report I have dust allergy. I have started immunotherapy treatment and currently using m3 oral drops, but I have problem in teeth, I have cavities and sensitivity due to which I feel that my eye lids are stuck to each other. And I cant tolerate bright lights like computer, sun, mobile etc. Whats the connection between teeth and eyes? or is it because of nasal discharge that my eyes are affected? please advice. Thanks
I have ulcers in my mouth and throat. I am not able to eat anything. I tried home remedies but there is no improvement. I am also applying glycerin thrice in a day. Please help me!
Hello Doctor. I am a 23 year old boy and the question is My upper front teeth's are very bigger in size, sometime I shy to lough. So I decided to remove all front teeth's and want to implant artificial teeth's. But the thing I need is the teeth's which I am going to implant is must stay for my life long. Means don't want remove when going to sleep as my grand father do. And must when I laughing the teeth's must fall on ground. So is it possible or not? if yes what is the cost for these type of implant charge? help me please.
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients.
Swollen gum at the back of lower left jaw Severe pain down the throat along that side Headaches that comes and goes over that side and Ear feels tight Gone to different doctors and all said it's an infection and gave antibiotics, but the swelling didn't go down neither did the pain. What should I do now?
I have swollen gums, had done rct but it failed, can a re rct help? or I have to remove tooth? as of now its painless but it will pain soon. Suggest.?
I have a problem of bad breath:(I have been facing these since many years. I brush my teeth twice a day. Even after brushing I have bad breath. Soon after brushing also I have a bad breath. I think and I observed that this bad breath comes from stomach. How do I overcome this problem?
I have mouth ulcers and it happened very frequently. I have taken folicacid becasole but no work. Advise what I do?
My tooth is paining very much. I visited a dentist and was no cavity was in my tooth, he said if it is paining badly then root canaling is the only option. I want to ask is any other option for removing pain.
Digital Smile Design Now in India (DSD)
DSD is a smile enhancement procedure. It is a new science that brings dentistry to an emotional level connecting with people through visual communication and real care.
A beautiful smile reflects self-confidence and illuminates a positive aura around the person. Very few of us are naturally gifted for it. Nevertheless everyone desires and has a right to own one. A pleasing smile without teeth is unimaginable.
The modern science advances in the field of computers, photography and dental technology has given an edge to dentist in creating pleasing iconic smiles. The smiles designed with digital tools and visagism concept are extremely accurate and can reflect one’s personality. The best part in this is THE TEST DRIVE method that gives the dentist a clear road map with exact dimensions and proportion of teeth which can suit your personality, face, skin color, eye color and age. Earlier this work was left to guesswork of dentist and his technician. THE TEST DRIVE gives you a sense of owning a beautiful smile you always desired without actually undergoing any dental treatment. Correction can be done in final restoration if required.
Globally this concept of smile design is catching up faster. Now it is available in India and it’s within the reach of almost every one of us. It works for broken, discolored, crooked, or missing teeth. Its time we give thought to our smile because it makes life more beautiful.
So what are you waiting for … get a TEST DRIVE done today !!!
My teeth suddenly started decaying inspite of I am not having any sodas and sweets and also I have one milk tooth I am 17 still it has not gone and also I have cross bite what is the solution.
Sir I hv done my teeth scaling and polishing. Wt the procedure to maintain the cleanness so dat no more scaling needed in future?
I am having a dental problem in the right-hand side. Whenever I eat chicken or mutton, it gets stuck in between teeth and gums and pain increases. What should I do?
Dear sir Mere tongue me kuch problem he. Mere tongue ke right side me thora sa red ho gaya he. Lekin mujhe khane me koi problem ni hota hai me tikha bhi asani she kha let a hu. Phle me panmasala khata tha lek 3 month she WO bhi chod diya he. Me sir bhut paresaan hu please help me sir. Mere tongue me phora hoke phut bi jata he.
Your dentist will give you instructions on what to do at home, before you leave the surgery, following an extraction. It is important that you closely follow any tooth extraction aftercare instructions that the dentist gives you.
The advice is aimed at reducing any problems that may occur after the treatment, i.E. Giving you the best chance of an uncomplicated recovery. Pain and bleeding are the two main possible problems which need to be controlled.
I am 30 years old, female, having impacted wisdom tooth and little bit of OMSF. I consulted one doctor and he suggested me to go the surgery with general full anaesthesia. Now I am getting pain for wisdom teeth in very frequently with little bit of cold infection. I am taking Lycored as well. Is there any therapy called Laser therapy for that? Should I go for that? What is the cost for that?
As you all know that most of the dental problems are due to sugary food or food lodgement in inter space of two adjacent teeth.
Reason is that our toothbrush bristles are unable to reach between interspaces of two tooth.
Now a days we dentists recommend dental floss to clean the interspaces of teeth and helps in maintaining tooth intergrity and the chances of tooth decay get reduced to much extend
Sometimes there may be sensitivity in teeth it's just because of worn or grinding of enamel of tooth whose treatment depends on severity of worn off of that layer. It may require cap or may require root canal then cap.
So to take care of your teeth for long period always visit to your dentist in every 6 months and ask for the better care of your smile on your face.