Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Purohit RajashriYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I have my daughter age of 1 year hold baby she was got eye surgery in 6 months back for issue with eye cataract buildup. Now doctors said now baby 100% ok with vision. So now baby what ware tha glass for future vision So my questions is how 1 year baby how to maintain tha eye glass for ware please give me suggestions.
My daughter studying in grade 1 is not going to school. She tells that she fears of omitting in school and she get bored to have 5 hrs in school? Is any homeopathic or allopathic medicine so that creating interest to go to school? Or any other solution?
I am a 23 years old man and I believe I am suffering from adhd for the last 6 years it has had negative impact on my studies and my social life I am able to concentrate on my studies my mind keeps on wondering to random thoughts, I procrastinate work too much, I cant sit still and breathe easy, there is a feeling of something brewing in the area just below my stomach and above the rectum, I over think a lot mostly about negative thoughts what should the course of treatment for me?
He is 1yr old. His scrotum got shrinked. Previously it was baggy n loose but nowadays I see its shrunk all the time. Is there anything serious?
ADHD is one of the commonest behavioral disorders that are found in mostly school going kids. In fact, this kind of trouble might affect kid's ability quite adversely. There are a few signs with the help of which ADHD in kids can be easily detected and some of the commonest ones are emotional turmoil, unfinished tasks, squirm and fidget, low focus careless mistakes and other related ones.
Both interpersonal relationship and schooling success can be hampered to a great extent with this kind of mental disorder. This is why the kids facing the mentioned signs need to be thoroughly diagnosed medically so that the doctors can recommend best treatments that can provide fastest recovery and that too safely and easily.
Best tips for tackling ADHD in kids:
- Setting behavior limits: If you make your kids learn how to lead a disciplined life, then appropriate behavioral limits are established. Arrogant child is mostly exposed towards ADHD.
- Staying calm: Child anger should be efficiently controlled otherwise. ADHD cannot be cured. If the kids remain calm and quiet, then only their concentration level will increase, and they can show productive outcomes.
- Setting pressure free structure: Sensible routines and scheduled charts are to be prepared so that unwanted risks can be easily avoided. If the kids are under tremendous pressure, then they might face different kinds of behavioral troubles.
- Allow kids to make wise choices: If you let your kids free, then only they will be able to take right decisions. Kids with a cool mind can take wise decisions that are very much appropriate for upgrading their performances.
- Advocating child: Child advocating is highly needed for maintaining a good and healthy balance. But too much strictness should be avoided so that your kids' behavior can be controlled with ease. This should be done either by parents or tutors so that they can choose the best direction in life.
- Avoid muting any headstrong child: Communicate with your child so that a proper interaction can be maintained. If your child remains silent for too long, then they might face different behavioral troubles.
- Acquiring knowledge about ADHD: Both parents and kids should have equal knowledge about ADHD and then only the probable signs can be easily avoided, and the necessary treatments can be known.
- Being persistent: Persistent behavior is to be maintained, and if you find any deviation in your kids, then you should take them to a doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Air pollution is known to take a toll on the lungs of even the healthiest adults. So it comes as no surprise that the effects of this pollution on the lungs of children is deemed as a grave situation, full of health hazards including the onset of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorders and conditions like asthma (learn more about asthma problem). Read on to find out more about the link between air pollution and its effect on the lungs of children.
Children's Lungs: Mostly, all the organs of a child's body are considered delicate and not fully matured until the child reaches a certain age. The main and largest part of the child's lungs will usually grow only after the child has been born, much like the arms and legs. In fact, it is a medically proven fact that about 80% of the tiniest of air sacs grow after the child's birth. These are called the alveoli and they facilitate the transfer of the oxygen into the blood stream with a life sustaining function that is built into our lungs. These alveoli continue to grow until the child becomes an adult.
Immunity and Infections: Like the lungs of the child, the immunity of the child is also still in its growth phase, and very much unlike the immunity that an adult enjoys. This makes the child more susceptible to infections that are usually carried by air pollution in today's day and age of urban living when myriad pollutants are sent into the air every single day. Also, since children play outdoors more often and spend more time breathing in this air, they are more prone to these infections and lung or respiratory ailments due to this reason. Various studies and tests have shown inflammation in the respiratory passages caused by deposits of carbon dioxide emissions in the lungs of children.
Symptoms: Usually, the very first symptoms that show that air pollution is affecting the child's lungs can be seen when persistent coughing and wheezing sets in, without any proper reason. Also, when the child faces bronchial infections time and time again, then this points at the hazardous effects of air pollution as well.
Respiratory problems: Apart from respiratory problem, which can lead to asthmatic attacks, hay fever and allergies as well as other COPD ailments, there are other related dangers. These can happen when constant choking and obstruction of oxygen due to pollution become a regular affair. These include strokes and brain damage which can eventually also lead to a higher risk of dementia.
The government and citizens need to ensure that there is a drop in particle air pollution so as to ensure that children do not fall prey to such health problems.