Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priyamvada Shah
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priyamvada ShahYour feedback matters!
Sir my sister is aged of 39 years, she dint get marriage because of family issues. As she dint get marriage . Any effects will be in future !
"Get off the mobile and go outside" - are these words being heard more commonly nowadays than at any point in time before? Humanity has just stepped into one of the newest psychiatric disorders. What is worse is that the medical world is divided on whether this should be considered as a disorder, or simply be passed off as a generation gap. Let us look a little deeper about the disorder.
What is internet addiction?
Only recently did Internet addiction and phone addiction became a part of the diagnostic and statistical manual of the mental disorders i.e. Internet addiction is now effectively considered a psychiatric disorder, and there are chances of identifying and treating it using medically approved means. As the name suggests, internet addiction and phone addiction means that the person is using his creative and designated time on a medium when he is no longer required to. Simply put, it becomes an obsessive habit on part of the person to look into his/her phone and use the internet as a routine activity. Long term addiction can lead to many psychological factors such as withdrawal symptoms, depression, and general loss of awareness about the surroundings. For most people, the syndrome can be an underlying factor of an even more severe health condition that the person is trying to mask by whiling away his/her time on the internet and mobile.
Addiction in today’s world
As of now, only two countries, South Korea and China have identified the disorder, and treatments are administered. Europe and the United States have also categorised it as a disorder, and research is being done on it. The general treatment plan that exists presently, aims to understand the patient first. The psychiatric treatment tries to successfully bridge the user and his/her addiction. From practicing different times of using the internet, to suggesting new schedules and goals, the person can be slowly be eased back into society. The purpose of psychiatric intervention is not to block the internet/ mobile usage completely, but to limit it. A person is educated to get his satisfaction in other forms, like relationships, outdoor activities.
Though still in its early stages, the medical world has made it clear that its contribution towards these mental addictions would increase many fold in the very near future. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Vaginitis is the inflammation of one’s vagina accompanied by pain during intercourse, mild vaginal bleeding, painful urination, vaginal itching or a considerable change in the amount, odor and color of the vaginal discharge.
1. A certain level of bacteria is normally found in one’s vagina (lactobacilli). Now if this count is outnumbered by the other bacteria (anaerobes), the balance in the vagina gets disrupted giving rise to bacterial vaginosis. Such kind of vaginitis usually stems from sexual intercourse with multiple sex partners.
2. Yeast infection occurs due to an overgrowth of fungal organisms in one’s vagina, especially Candida Albicans.
3. Trichomoniasis caused by the one celled microscopic parasite ‘Trichomonas Vaginalis’ generally spreads through sexual intercourse with an infected partner. The condition also makes one vulnerable to various sexually transmitted infections.
4. Spermicidal products, scented detergents, perfumed soaps, douches, vaginal sprays or foreign objects such as tampons that were not taken out or tissue paper might trigger allergic reactions or irritation in the vaginal tissues.
5. Surgical removal of the ovaries or reduced estrogen count after menopause might cause thinning of the vaginal lining, thereby resulting in vaginal burning, dryness or irritation.
1. For Bacterial vaginosis, your doctor might advise the application of clindamycin cream or metronidazole gel as well as metronidazole tablets which are to be taken orally.
2. Yeast infections might be treated with an anti-fungal suppository or cream, for instance, tioconazole, butoconazole, clotrimazole or miconazole. Oral medication, such as fluconazole is also administered to treat the same.
3. Metronidazole or tinidazole tablets are prescribed for Trichomoniasis.
4. Estrogen in the form of rings, tablets or vaginal creams is effective in treating low estrogen level after menopause.
5. For non-infectious vaginitis primarily caused by objects, such as tampons, sanitary napkins, laundry detergent or new soap, it is essential to pinpoint the source of the irritation and avoid them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I'm pcod patient. I have done 3 month treatment & all test. I am trying for baby. Please suggest pregnancy is possible for pcod patient. My all test is normal but ultrasound is mention pcod problem and multiple cysts.
Gonorrhoea is transmitted infection caused when people come in a physically intimate contact. It can affect both male and female. The most vulnerable organs that are susceptible to gonorrhoea infection include rectum, urethra, and throat. In females, gonorrhoea might affect the cervix as well. Since the infection spreads from having sex, there are wide chances that the baby gets affected too. Although there could be no visible symptoms of gonorrhoea, early detection and treatment increase the chances of a permanent cure.
How does gonorrhoea affect the sexual life?
Once a person gets affected, gonorrhoea may wreak havoc on the sex life of both a male and female. In males, there could be swelling and pain in one testicle leading to difficulty in having sex. Additionally, urination after sex becomes painful. There could be a pus-like discharge from the penis thereby completely obstructing the chances of sex.
In females, there could be abdominal pain during the intercourse. Intercourse itself could be extremely painful. Apart from this, the urination after sex could be very painful. Additionally, there are chances of vaginal discharge after sex. There are high chances of vaginal bleeding after sex followed by itching of the anus. If the bacteria are very active, lymph nodes of the throat getting swollen after oral sex.
The treatment plan for gonorrhoea in adults
- Adults infected with the gonorrhoea bacteria are treated with antibiotics. Since gonorrhoea bacteria are increasingly becoming drug-resistant, doctors treat the patient with an antibiotic known as Ceftriaxone in the form of injection.
- In addition to this, two antibiotics that are prescribed to be taken in the oral form include Doxycycline and Azithromycin. There are some studies which revealed that injectable Gentamicin along with oral Azithromycin is a successful combination that can treat gonorrhoea. Furthermore, this combination proves to be highly successful in treating patients who are allergic to cephalosporin-based antibiotics.
- In addition to the treatment of the infected patient, the partner should also be thoroughly checked for symptoms of gonorrhoea treatment even if there exist no symptoms of the disease as such. There is a high likelihood of one partner getting infected in case the other one is infected.
- If a baby gets infected with gonorrhoea in the womb, he/she should get immediate eye medication to ensure that there no loss of vision when he/she is born. Babies should also get a dosage of antibiotics.
- Some basic hygiene such as not having sex during the course of the treatment, use of protection during sex, avoiding oral sex, avoiding sex with multiple partners etc. should be followed.
Regular consultation with the doctor is necessary till the condition gets cured for good.