Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priyadarshan Joglekar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Priyadarshan JoglekarYour feedback matters!
I have dark circles and my lips had became black due to smoking .i use to smoke very long back but now I have quite smoking ,but smoking effects are still there on my face .what should I do to remove dark circles and blackness from my lips?
So what leads to affairs?
Generally the most commonly cause of infidelity is a sense of emotional disconnection from a partner. The person committing the infidelity will often describe having felt unappreciated, lonely, and sad. These emotions can often lead to the secondary feelings of anger and resentment. Emotional roots can lead to affairs both emotional and physical in nature. An emotional affair may start off looking like a friendship, but over the time, the level of intimacy increases and more personal information, especially that relating to dissatisfaction and unhappiness in their primary relationship, can become an integral part of the dynamic.
2. Physical relationship
In some case, infidelity is caused by unsatisfied physical relationship. A poor sex life phase post marriage generally caused from many factors like – professional work pressure, commitments towards children, childbirth environmental factors etc.
It’s important that in such case, both the partners should communicate openly with each other, take deliberate time out for their schedule for a romantic getaways or for a warm dinner. In such a situation partner should value their relationship more than their personal desires, feeling, and physical requirements.
3. Perceive affairs as quick fix
Many a time people perceive affairs as distractions, partners go for affairs to kill boredom or to add spark forgetting that it may become a “quick fix” but will definitely bring long-term consequences no matter they agree or not.
Who is not stressed? And who doesn’t want to be stress-free? Stress is good when you are suddenly faced with danger and the body primes itself by releasing stress hormones like Cortisol for the fight and flight response. But when you get stressed a million times for nothing in a mere 24 hours, you are harming yourself in more ways than one. The consequences of excess stress are deleterious on numerous systems in the body like:
- Digestive system and metabolic function which controls body weight
- Cardiovascular system
- Musculoskeletal system
- Nervous system
- Reproductive system
- Immune system
Excess stress can also impact our mental and emotional states and consequently our relationships. What’s more alarming is that even though stress is a contributing factor in a variety of ailments, its influence is easily overlooked. This means that you must seek help to even eliminate occasional nagging stress before it wears you down completely.
Ayurveda offers an abundance of building, nourishing qualities through our diets, our lifestyle, and our daily practices for reducing the ravages of stress on your body. These are some of the things Ayurveda prescribes for dulling stress
- Slowing down: Since stress hormones wear your body and vital systems down, slowing down to rest, recoup and rejuvenate is the best antidote to stress. Make sure to eliminate as many stressors from your life to cut down on impact of the cortisol bolt. Choosing to prioritize things like adequate rest and taking long slow walks, also help in slaying stress.
- Taking a bath: A bath, especially a warm one, relaxes the nervous system, releases tension, and helps to quiet the mind. You can add Epsom salts, essential oils like Lavender to calm, cleanse and relax your body-mind. 1/3 cup ginger powder and ⅓ cup baking soda added to the water increases healing. The ginger- baking soda combination encourages circulation, sweating, and detoxification, and is also quite soothing.
- Practising oil pulling: Gargling with warm sesame or coconut oil helps to remove tension from the jaw and removes natural toxins from the teeth, and gums. Just sip a tablespoon or two of coconut oil and swish it inside your mouth for up to twenty minutes. Spit out and rinse with warm water.
- Doing Abhyanga- Ayurvedic oil massage: This ancient practice of self-massage with nourishing oils like sesame oil, calms the nervous system, lubricates and rejuvenates the muscles, and promotes healthy circulation. In addition, the oil also forms a protective sheath around the body that can help buffer your nervous system against stress. All you have to do is to massage in ¼–½ cup warm oil into your skin before a shower.
- Practicing Nasya: Nasya is the Ayurvedic practice of applying medicated oil to the nasal passages. This reduces stress, soothes and promotes unobstructed breathing. It also ups mental clarity.
- Massaging your feet before sleeping: Before turning in apply some warm oils like Sesame, Brahmi or Bhringraj to ground your energy and soothe your nervous system. This also promotes sound sleep. If you sleep well, your stress levels will automatically come down. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
My mother feels nauseous sometimes. She feels restless and feels like she can't breathe. She already suffers from sugar, blood pressure problems. She has high cholesterol and thyroid. She tales medicine course for this and panics more after taking medicines. What should l do about this? We have visited a lot of doctors and they also seem to ignore this panicking problem or anxiety.
My age is 24. My work is of sitting on a computer for long hours like daily 12 hrs and from last few days I'm not able to sleep properly due to stress anxiety and little bit headache. Sometimes my eyes also get swelling on it. Please help.
I have some fear when I heard someone is dead or accidents and some crowd place heart me and bass of sound. So I need help how to avoid fear.
I am 25 year male. I need counselling I have personally some problem. What Is best I don't know, what way we keep it go. I am mentally disturbed by my job. Lot of guiltiness problem how can I solve. When I making decisions that right but that's my problem.
I will be happy for some time and suddenly if anything goes wrong I will get instant anger and will beat even my mother and lover for very small things. Can you give any suggestions to overcome it?
I am a chain smoker and I want to quit my smoking habit. I have tried a lot to quit this habit but I can't. Plzz suggest me some process so that I can quit it easily.
I want to study but I don't find any interest in that whenever I try to study. Any suggestions please.
Anxiety is a disorder where the body is in a state of alertness as a result of a stressful situation. It is an inbuilt mechanism, which can result from stress, threat or pressure. Being constantly anxious impairs work performance and creates havoc in relationships. The blood supply to the brain increases during anxiety, thereby quickening heart rate and tensing the muscles of the body to facilitate a state of high alertness. High anxiety levels can give rise to a number of health issues, reason why you should try to minimize your anxiety levels.
Here are 5 reasons to get rid of anxiety:
1. High blood pressure - Spikes in blood pressure occur during periods of anxiety. These temporary spikes can result in damage to heart health and blood vessels in the body. Anxiety may also cause a person to smoke or consume alcohol, which affects blood pressure.
2. Stomach problems - Anxiety is known to cause problems in digestion as symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and an upset stomach are reported to occur. It may cause vomiting, abdominal pain, and constipation.
3. Weight gain - Binge eating during periods of anxiety can cause weight gain in affected people. A study reported that stressed out women processed fat and sugar in a different manner than usual, thereby leading to an increase in weight. Weight gain can give rise to other complications like diabetes and high blood pressure.
4. Disorders of the respiratory system - People with respiratory diseases face complications due to anxiety. Breathing problems such as hyperventilation can cause further complications.
5. Depression - Anxiety can cause a person to develop depression, which can be life-threatening. Thus, preventing anxiety can help in preventing depression as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!