Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priti Mangesh Deshmukh
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Hair Care Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priti Mangesh DeshmukhYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
You may lose 50 to 100 strands of hair each day. Yet the thinning of your scalp hair is almost unnoticeable owing to the simultaneous new hair growth filling up the bald spots. But hair loss occurs if this cycle of shedding and growth gets distorted. Stress and an unhealthy lifestyle take a toll on your hair as well.
- The following is a list of the types of hair loss that are caused due to high levels of stress:
- The body secretes hormones such as non-adrenaline or Norepinephrine and cortisol in response to stress. These hormones force a large number of hair follicles into a static phase, hindering new hair growth. As a consequence, simple activities such as combing or rinsing the hair might cause hair fall in large strands which do not get replaced by new hair again. This abnormality is known as ‘Telogen effluvium’.
- Trichotillomania is a condition characterized by one pulling out his/her own strands of hair forcefully; most often triggered by negative thoughts or other psychological disorders such as depression or excessive frustration, boredom, stress or tension.
- Alopecia areata is a condition caused by severe stress wherein the immune system of the body attacks the hair follicles, resulting in hair loss.
- Other lifestyle-related factors can also have an adverse impact on the hair growth. Let us see how:
- Excessive hair styling or hair treatments with hot oil actually swell up the hair follicles. Chemical therapies, dyes, flat irons, blow dryers or bad brushes as well as a range of hair dressing techniques such as hair extension, application of coloring agents, gels and hair sprays further affect the individual strands of hair.
- A junk food diet rich in salt, sugar and saturated fats but less in essential nutrient content can tremendously affect your hair.
- Smoking inhibits blood flow to the hair follicles and interrupts the process of hair growth and hair fall.
- Environmental factors such as pollution from:
- Car exhaust fumes disrupt the keratin (protein formation) in the hair structure, making it fragile.
- Cigarette smoke contains carcinogens that weaken one’s hair follicles.
- Dust particles trigger allergies giving way to inflammation or scalp infections.
- Over exposure to the sun causes brittle, dry and lifeless hair, mainly characterized by split ends. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Immunity –Bal(बल) and Ayurveda
In different stages of the life it is important that we maintain a healthy one, the specific system has been developed in form of सहजबल, कालबल, और युक्तिकृतबल with the help of which you get Strength (बल-Bal) throughout the life. System of this procedure of medicines is known as संस्कार.
What is Sanskar(संस्कार)?
“संस्कारो हि गुणान्तराधानं”
संस्कार is the procedure of Adulteration of quality of life or enhancing the good things.
Suvarnaprashan - A powerful Child Immunization Procedure
सुवर्णप्राशनं ह्येतनमेधाग्निबलवर्धनम् | आयुष्यम मङ्गलं पुण्यं वृष्यम वर्णयं ग्रहापहम ||
म|सात परममेधावी व्याधिर्भिन च धृष्यते | षड़भिर्मासै: श्रुतधर: सुवर्णप्राशनाद्भवेत || का.सं.सू.
If you are looking for an effective Ayurvedic way, which helps in boosting your child’s immunity and health, you should opt for सुवर्णप्राशन. Suvarnaprashan, used over thousands of years, is completely natural as it is prepared from Gold (सूवर्ण), Medicated Gow Ghrita (औषधीय घृत) and Honey (मधु), which goes through proper processing according to completely safe classic Ayurvedic Method. It’s a licking foam preparation (लेह/लिढ प्रकार औषधी). It is ideal method for building the overall health and intelligence of your child.
The specific benefits ascribed to Svarnaprashan are as follows
- Medha Agni Bala Vardhanam (improvement of intellect, digestion, metabolism, immunity, and physical strength)
- Ayushyam (promoting lifespan)
- Mangalam (auspicious)
- Punyam (righteous)
- Vrushyam (aphrodisiac)
- Varnyam (enhancement of color and complexion)
- Grahapaham (protection from evil spirits and microorganisms)
How Suvarnaprashan works?
The three components of Suvarnaprashan work together towards enhancing the immunity and as each of them individually works on the betterment of immunity.
- It is an immuno-modulator (i.e. it reconstructs the immune system)
- Provides bal to the body
- Enhances life potency
- Enriches the texture of the skin
- Pharmacological studies showed specific and nonspecific immune responses, which were modified in a positive manner in Swarna Bhasma treated. It also had a stimulatory effect on peritoneal macrophages, which may be helpful to fight against infections.
- Note: It is evidently mentioned in the texts of Ayurveda that any form of gold should be used internally only after proper purification failing to do, which may result in complications that may be even life-threatening.The type of gold to be used, mode of administration of different forms, theirs benefits and therapeutic indications are also clearly explained
- Cow Ghrit or Ghee
- Research indicates that phenolic antioxidants present in the ghee help in boosting the immune system
- It is rich in vitamin A & E, which help fight free radicals and promote good health
- CLA ( conjugated linolenic acid) in ghee lowers the level of bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) and triglycerides in the body.
- Ghee also improves our vision by helping our bodies properly digest fat-soluble vitamins such as Vitamin A.
- It detoxifies the body by dissolving the toxins, which are then excreted out of the body through intestine.
- Butyric acid, is the most important element in ghee, which has also been linked to the stimulation of T-cell production, which are the heavy hitting cells of the immune system.
- The use of cow ghee can help supercharge your immune system.
- Dose shaman of Vata(वात) and Pitta(पित्त) Vikar (It balances the Vata and Pita dosha)
- Rasa, Shukra and Oja Vardhank ( Appharodiatic in nature and Improve Immunity)
- Sanskarasya Anuvartanam (Gives a boost to the potency of the medication)
- Twachya (Enhances the complexion of the skin)
- Dhee, Dhruti, Smruti, Medha vardhak ( Enhances the intellectual power of the brain)
- Agni Vardhak(Amplifies the digestive fire)
- Honey contains a protein made by bees called defensin-1, which is the most active germ killing ingredient in honey.
- It makes the penetration of other medicines easy.
- Easily palatable for children
- Contains high level of nutrients and glucose
- Chakshusya(चक्षुष्य) (Improves eyesight)
- Vishahara(वृष्य) (Aphrodisiac in nature)
- Rakta, Pittahara (रक्त & पित्तहर) ( Takes care of blood and pitta imbalance)
In a pharmaco-clinical study conducted on neonates Madhu-Ghrita-Swarna-Vacha Combination shows a significant effect on humoral antibody formation and it acted on immunological system, which was evident by triggering the response of immunological system by a rise in the total proteins and serum IgG levels.
- The problems like bed wetting and indigestion are decreased
- Reduced recurrency of frequent cough and cold. Reduced hospital visits
- Hyperactive children become calm and it enhances concentration
- Childrens are taking interest in study and sports
- Suvarnaprashan increases immunity power in disorders like epileptic convulsion, allergy, Hepatitis-B
- Improves speech
Things to note
- Suvarnaprashan can be given to your child from childbirth till the age of 12 years.
- Ideally, it should be given early in the morning on an empty stomach. Feed your child 30 minutes after giving Suvarnaprashan.
- The specific benefits of Swarnaprashana according to the duration of administration have been mentioned such as:
- If administered for 1 month, the baby will become Parama Medhavi (highly intelligent) and Vyadhibhir Na Cha Drusyate (will not be affected by any disease)
- If administered for 6 months, the baby will become Srutadhara (will be able to remember the things, which are just heard).
- You can follow a dosage for a period of 30 days. You may extend this till 180 days. Afterwards follow up on every pushyanaxatra(पुष्यनक्षत्र).
- Your child should face the east side when taking this medicine. Suvarnaprashan is also known by other names such as Swarna amruta prashana, Swarna bindu prashana, Suvarnaprashan, Swarna prashana and Swarnaprashan.
However, in conditions such as acute fever, swarnprashan can increase your body temperature. It is contraindicative in condition such as diarrhea, vomiting. Hence, it is important to consult an experienced and well-known Ayurveda practitioner before starting this Ayurveda process
Digestion is an important process that helps in converting food to energy. It begins at the mouth and the stomach is where the detailed process begins. The stomach produces acids to digest the food. But when food is not consumed at the right time or if it is too spicy, it can lead to acid reflux. Acid reflux may result because of individual habits too such as excessive smoking and alcohol consumption. In this condition. the valve that controls the release of acids does not close properly. This causes the acid to move up and cause pain in the upper abdominal region. Acid reflux or hyperacidity initially starts with a burning sensation and gradually manifests itself as severe pain that is intolerable. Ayurveda, the ancient medical science of India, suggests a number of efficient solutions for this condition.
Triphala: This is a combination of three ingredients – the Indian gooseberry, ink nut, and beleric – in equal proportion. These three ingredients ensure a balance of the three doshas – pitta, vatta, and kapha. Ayurveda says that any imbalance in three doshas can cause diseases and disorders in the body. Therefore, consuming triphala in the form of powder or pills every day helps balance the three doshas. You can take half to one teaspoon on to triphala with warm water on an empty stomach in the morning and as you go to bed at night.
Indian gooseberry: This is an Indian fruit that is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps in reducing pitta, which is fiery in nature as per Ayurveda and is characterized by an excessive heat. Elevated pitta is responsible for acid reflux. Taking gooseberry is easy, as it can be eaten raw or taken in the form of juice. It can also be included in a few recipes.
Other remedies: Lots of other home remedies come handy in alleviating pain related to hyperacidity. One of them is Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera juice soothes the pain and cools down the system. Additionally, buttermilk offers an instant remedy to ensure that the pain and burning sensation are relieved.
Restrictions that Ayurveda suggests: It is not only what you consume to treat the disease that matters. A few foods should be avoided to ensure complete cure. While people know that spicy foods should be kept at bay, tea, coffee, vinegar, tamarind and other sour foods should be avoided as well. Peanuts are very acidic and can trigger acid reflux.
Lifestyle changes recommended by Ayurveda: Quitting smoking and stopping consumption of alcohol is what all streams of medicine recommend. Ayurveda also advises people to follow early to bed and early to rise principle. This ensures that the body performs all its duties within hours of its optimum functioning. Lying down after a meal is not advised. Also, wearing tight clothes should be avoided. Foods that are oily and fatty should be avoided. Eating freshly-prepared food items is considered good as per Ayurveda.
Stay relaxed: Hyper acidity may also result because of stress and tension. The best way to combat stress is to stay cool and calm. Practicing yoga can help relieve hyperacidity and also alleviate pain caused by it.
Pranayama, peacock pose, and shoulder pose are recommended to combat hyperacidity. As per Ayurveda, sticking to healthy eating habits is the one-stop solution for several ailments and hyperacidity is no different. Sleeping for at least 7 to 8 hours in a silent and soothing environment is also advised by this system of ancient medicine to lead a happy and healthy life. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Chronic pelvic pain can be caused due to various reasons. Pelvic pain, at times, can become unbearable and cause much discomfort to the individual. Immediate treatment of chronic pelvic pain is necessary, in such circumstances. However, just as everything in the world has natural remedies, there are certain natural remedies for such pains as well. One can try and harness the natural properties of the food that they consume in order to recover from pelvic pains. Some of the foods that can be consumed and which give a considerable amount of relief are listed below.
Yogurt: At times, pelvic pain is caused due to vaginal infection. To combat such infection yogurt is applied to the vagina and left for some time before washing it off. Yogurt contains Lactobacillus bacteria which is considered to be a good kind of bacteria that helps in fighting its disease-causing counterparts.
Carotene Foods: These include pumpkin, mangoes, sweet potatoes and even spinach. The carotene rich foods help in fighting the bacteria and help prevent infection in the pelvic region. Consumption of such foods at least twice a day would provide you great relief.
Garlic: Garlic contains sulphur which is an effective agent in fighting against bacteria and inflammation. Garlic does not only bring flavours to the food but helps in proper digestion and maintaining a healthy stomach. Thus, a combination of both turmeric and garlic can help a lot to combat severe pelvic pain.
Baking Soda: Sometimes pelvic pain is caused due to bacteria growing in the intestine. The acidity of the intestine promotes the growth of these bacteria which causes pelvic pain. If you consume one tablespoon baking soda mixed with water every day then the alkalinity of the baking soda neutralises the acidity of the stomach. This makes it impossible for the bacteria to thrive and reduces pelvic pain.
Turmeric: Often pain in the pelvis is caused due to bacterial infection or inflammation of some sorts. Both these conditions can be tackled by using turmeric. Turmeric has anti- inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which help in fighting against these problems and lessening the pain to a considerable amount.
Thus, you can try and apply these homemade remedies in curing your pelvic pain. However, if these remedies do not seem to work and the pain drags on or increases, then it is recommended to see a professional Ayurvedic practitioner as soon as possible.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dandruff is a non-contagious condition that is characterized by the appearance of skin flakes on your scalp. The disorder is not a serious one, but can be embarrassing for the person concerned. Mild symptoms of this disorder can be taken care of by shampooing with a mild cleanser on a regular basis. In case of severe dandruff symptoms, treatment may be required.
The symptoms of dandruff are easily spotted; white flakes of dead skin appear on the hair and shoulders. You may experience itchiness on the scalp due to the accumulation of the dead skin cells. The condition tends to aggravate in dry and cold weather conditions.
Dandruff can be caused by a variety of factors such as:
- Not shampooing regularly: Irregular shampooing can cause dead skin cells to accumulate, leading to dandruff.
- Oily and irritated skin: This condition is characterized by the appearance of greasy skin covered by flaky white scales. It occurs in areas, which are rich in oil glands such as the eyebrows and the nose.
- Fungus: Yeast like fungus, known as ‘malassezia’, lives on the scalp and may lead to the buildup of excess skin cells, thereby, causing irritated skin.
- Dry skin: Dry skin is the perfect spot for the accumulation of dead cells, a condition that results in dandruff.
Ayurveda places the problem of dandruff in the category of Shudra Roga, which appears due to an imbalance of all three doshas. The primary doshas involved are Pitta and Vata. Pitta is an Ayurvedic humor which symbolizes heat or fire and Vata is dry and rough in nature. In an aggravated state, both doshas cause production of specific impurities, called ama, which are dry and heating in nature. These impurities accumulate in the deep tissues of the scalp and contaminate them. Contamination of the deep tissues and aggravated Vata-Pitta Dosha cause itching and patches on scalp. Due to these factors, the scalp sheds larger than normal amounts of dead epidermal cells, which leads to the problem of dandruff.
The Ayurvedic line of treatment is to generally pacify Pitta and Vata through herbal medicines, as well as a tailor-made diet and lifestyle plan. Also, special herbs are administered to cleanse the body of accumulated digestive impurities.
Ayurvedic treatment options:
- If the cause lies on the scalp such as dry skin, then just hair oil application or local treatment will be sufficient to cure dandruff.
- If the cause lies in underlying skin disease such as psoriasis, treatment for the causative disease will be required.
Ayurvedic treatments such as shirodhara, shirobasti helps not only to relieve dandruff and improve hair quality. They also help you to relieve stress and lack of sleep (which also cause for dandruff).
Ayurvedic herbal hair oils for dandruff:
- Bhringaraja taila
- Triphaladya taila
- Durdurapatradi taila
- Chemparutyadi taila
- Nalpamaradi taila etc
Internal medicines helpful in this complaint are-
- Saptamrita loha – Contains Indian licorice and Triphala, useful in skin diseases
- Bhringarajasava – an alcoholic Ayurvedic medicine. Improves immunity, skin complexion
- Chandanasava – improves immunity, relieves excessive oiliness
- Narasimha Rasayana – Improves hair quality and scalp skin health. Especially useful when dandruff is caused due to dryness in the scalp.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Wash hair regularly 2-3 times a week with a mild shampoo.
- Massage your hair with oil every time before washing the head and hair.
- Avoid spicy, greasy, hot and penetrating foods, junk food, and aerated drinks.
- Have food with good nutritive value; include fiber-rich foods, salads, fruits, and lentils.
- Do regular yoga and exercises to minimize stress levels.
- Avoid scratching the scalp with hands or any other objects.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A migraine is something, which can really make a person’s day go from bad to worse. However, while popping an aspirin may be the age old solution for solving such a literally mind numbing issue, it really does not mean that this is the best solution. Theoretically, the best solution to a migraine should come naturally to the person, who is unfortunately the victim of a migraine.
It is more than a headache
When a person has a migraine, he or she is likely to know that this is the case due to a pulsating sensation behind the eye. In addition to this, there are quite a few other symptoms which include pain on one side of the head, nausea and a sensitiveness to light in its various forms.
Natural treatments for migraine
There are a range of possible natural solutions a person can make use of to get rid of migraine hits.
- One of these solutions is quite simple, even if it sounds a little odd! Take a few cabbage leaves, crush them and using a soft cloth, apply the paste on the forehead of the person who is having a migraine attack.
- While a person who is down with migraine may feel that life has given him or her lemons, he or she should really not despair. This is because these lemons can be made use of, as well, in order to make the ill effects of the migraine go away. To do this, take five lemons, peel them, grind them well and then add a little bit of water to make a paste. Apply this paste to the patient’s forehead.
- Apart from using remedies to cure migraine, there are a few other things which are needed to be done in order to get up and running as soon as possible. One of these things is to get enough rest. Taking into account the fact that a migraine has the potential to severely hinder the prospect of a person functioning normally, for a person to push himself or herself against the intense migraine discomfort so as to fulfil his or her responsibilities will not only result in substandard work, but will also make the situation worse.
- Hot and cold compress can also go some way in improving a person’s migraine problem.
- All beverages apart from water and tea should be avoided. Water hydrates and is essential while tea is diuretic.
If you follow these natural remedies, you will successfully be able to treat your migraine issue. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!