Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pritam Bhujbal
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Pritam BhujbalYour feedback matters!
I m 21 year old. One year before I used to study for 7 to 8 hours for about 8 to 9 months. I used my brain intensively. I did not study like this before. Since then I have pain in my head and dizziness all the time. Now I can't study more than 15 to 20 minutes due to starting pain. My eyesight is going to be weak. Please. Suggest me what should I do.
Sir my age is 48 years and since from last few years i feel very tired after taking meal and my eye sight also effected , kindly suggest me an remedy ?
My eyes are red and there was pain in eye please help me and I am very week and I am not gainigweight lease give e some suggestions?
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.