Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti TyagiYour feedback matters!
My son 3 years old not able to speak clearly. Moreover, he is very active but nt speak clearly. please advice and help me in this regard,
My little baby is crying continuously. I have given colimex drops to her but there is no relief. please suggest, it is hard to see her crying.
My baby is presently 3 & half years old and I believe she got some psychological shortfall in her attitude as she behaves very unusual frequently wherever she belongs, irrespective at home or school or elsewhere. We, parents are deeply concerned about her ongoing. Nothing got productive even to see a specialist doctor. She always used to say" nothing feel well (kuch achha nehi lag raha hai)" despite presenting various mind game. Such a small kid & with such a manner looks very unimpressive and uncomfortable indeed! Feeding to her is the most awkward and troublesome job to us. The most crazy thing is that she used to cry and shout (bizarre) almost throughout the day which makes us anxiety and thus may lead to break her health. Nothing around us can make her anger/obstinacy/ irritation/impatience in control. FYI, nobody of our predecessors was hailed such kind of characteristics nor presently we belong. Our baby is everything to us, so please advise how to coup up with this situation and how to keep well my baby in the days coming. Is it curable or else need to treat other way? Thanking you with regards,
Being a mother is the greatest gift to womankind. With the most amazing feeling of being a mother, comes big challenges and responsibilities. The first and foremost being, keeping the baby safe and healthy. Providing babies their best start begins with breastfeeding. Doctors around the world recommend exclusive breastfeeding to begin within the first hour of a baby’s life and continue until six months.
A mother’s milk has no substitute. It is packed with amazing nutritional benefits, the absence of which can lead children at risk of malnutrition and various diseases. Breast milk is often being termed as complete food with added antibodies, enzymes, hormones and fatty acids extremely vital for a delicate immune system of an infant. Babies build their immunity in the first few years of their life and breast milk is critical to developing immunity.
UNICEF working on child’s rights and well-being world over promotes breastfeeding schemes across many countries.
According to UNICEF reports, a non-breast fed child is 14 times likely to die within first six months than an exclusively breastfed child. An estimated 8,20,000 children under the age of five could be saved each year with increased breastfeeding. However, Only 38% of infants globally are breastfed. Looking at India’s state, Malnutrition continues to be one of the greatest challenges. One cost effective, safe and smart intervention to curb malnutrition and decrease infant mortality is breastfeeding.
Let’s now look at the benefits of breast milk for infants and mothers:
- Breast milk is found to reduce the risk of respiratory tract infections, diarrhea, asthma, food allergies, leukemia, diabetes and celiac disease.
- Psychologists have long established the positive effects of mother’s touch in the emotional development of babies. In addition to this, breastfeed has positive effects on child’s cognitive development.
- Breastfeeding has amazing benefits for mothers. It is found to aid weight loss post pregnancy. It promotes better uterus shrinkage and delays menstruation. Lactating mothers naturally avoid pregnancy till they breastfeed. It reduces the risk of breast cancer, cardiovascular disease and rheumatoid arthritis later in life.
- Considering the benefits of this super natural milk, many countries have now adopted an international code of marketing of breast-milk substitutes. The code promotes breastfeeding and restricts marketing of infant formula milk. India along with many other countries signed it.
India has also begun with a baby friendly hospital initiative where hospitals educate new mothers regarding breast feeding and strictly discourage infant formulas wherever possible. The myth of feeding newborn babies with honey, water, sugar does more harm than good. Thus, it is vital to exclusively breastfeed the baby at least for six months before introducing other foods.
Ensure your child’s right to a healthy life through breastfeeding!
Here are a few questions which every new mother wants to know when they see a diaper rash:
1. Should the baby's diet be changed during a diaper rash?
Certain food items such as fruit juices can lead to diarrhea in babies. This can lead to a diaper rash. When new food is introduced or antibiotics are given, then that might also affect the digestion of the baby.
2. Are teething and diaper rash related?
As per dermatologists, the two have nothing in common though they might occur at the same time.
3. Which ointment should be used for a diaper rash?
Ointments that contain zinc oxide can provide relief from diaper rash. A thick layer should be applied on the skin to keep away irritants as if all of it is rubbed off then it might cause pain.
4. Can cloth diapers be an alternative?
The fact is that there is no proof that a cloth diaper might be better than the other diaper in case of a rash. In case, disposable diapers are used, then care should be taken to change them frequently as rashes can occur due to a moist environment. If the baby is allergic to a particular brand, then changing the same could prove to be helpful. Diapers induced with fragrances and dyes can cause allergic reactions. Babies who are allergic to disposable diapers, can do better with cloth ones, though they should be changed frequently. The rule is one diaper per hour, so the needful should be done.
5. What type of wipes are best for the baby in case of a sore bottom?
In case of a diaper rash a mild, fragrance free wipe should be used. Wipes which are labeled as hypoallergenic or for sensitive skin should be used. If the baby poops then he or she must be cleaned with a cloth and water and later some mineral oil should be applied to the baby's bottom.
6. What should be done if nappy rash extends to the other parts?
In case there are red spots and patches outside the nappy area, then the baby might be suffering from infection. If this happens then consult your doctor.
7. What should be done to give relief to the baby?
The best thing to do is that the baby's bottom should get some air. Leave the baby without a diaper, as this gives his skin a break from the rubbing, and germs which might be present in wet places like a diaper. Application of the cream with zinc oxide, provides relief to a baby.
8. How long does the rash last?
Maximum 3 days.
Hello, my son is one year old he has deficiency of hemoglobin please suggest me some easy ways which increase hemoglobin in him.
My daughter is 4 years old. She is too underweight her weight is 13 kg. As she don't eat anything what can we do?
My 16 month old son, all of a sudden while sleeping vomited after getting up at night. I happened to notice that while vomiting, only milk and water was present. The moment I laid him down to sleep, he started vomiting again. He vomited 4 times within a gap of 4 hours getting up between his sleeps. Kindly assist or suggest as to what might be the issue.
We are going to pierce ears for our daughter. And I need a pediatric Dr. recommended numb ointment to use for her. My daughter is 7 months old.
My 1.5 year child suffering from dry cold from last two month. I have nebulizer my child many time and also given doc prescribed medicine. But he not getting any relief. Please advice me.
Sir/madam, my son is eight years old his perfectly alright but he is facing problem with his irregular n bad teeth. He was given bottle feeding at younger age. Is this the problem how to solve this.
Few things in life take longer than habits to be inculcated and eventually to die out. Every parent tries in his or her way to teach the child certain healthy habits, those that they wish would be followed long enough to be internalized by them. Certain healthy habits that every child should follow are:
- Include a lot of vegetables in the diet: There is an array of vegetables available in the market, which is replete with rich nutritional values. Though children are generally averse to the idea of eating vegetables, it is your duty to inculcate in them the habit of eating vegetables and constantly remind them of their rich nutritional benefits.
- Never skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is often the most ignored. Most children have the propensity to skip breakfast if they are late and generally they are seldom reprimanded by their parents. As a parent, you must make it a point not to take this lightly and severely insist on a healthy breakfast every morning.
- Indulge in physical activities: With the advent and easy access of technology, going out to play in has become a distant reality, one that is never explored. However, it goes without saying that nothing can substitute the physical and mental benefits that a physical activity entails. It not only keeps the body of your child fit but also helps in keeping the mind fresh.
- Read daily: Few things in life can be as rewarding and fulfilling as reading a book. However the habit does not come easy and as a parent it is your responsibility to induce in them this. Try to make your child read a few pages everyday till they take it up themselves out of their volition.
- Drink water and skip the soda: The many flavored sodas, which are available serve as a more palatable alternative to the drab water for the children. Though the choice may seem convenient, it must be snipped off right from the beginning. Sodas are packed with harmful preservatives and should be duly avoided by children. Instead, they must choose the bottle of water to quench the thirst.