Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pravin SharmaYour feedback matters!
What is the method to resolve migraine problem? Any medicine aur treatment, what is better and how many times it will continue?
Suffering from Myoclonic seizure with mental retardation since from her birth. Can I treatment of her as stem cell therapy (autologous bone marrow transplantation (
Hi, My hands tremble sometimes. Is it because of weakness or is it because of some disease? Please help.
Respected Sir, I am Sudip Goswami from West Bengal. My father suffering with Parkinson's disease from last 3 years. We had visited several hospital india including NIMHANS, AOPLLO (Chennai, Bangur (W. B) Now please suggest me the way to recover from this situation. Also suggest me the best treatment for P. D in india.
I have been suffering from nerve weakness and sever headache problem so please give me suitable suggestions.
I am suffering from acute Migraine. I have been on medication since 2 years but now the pain is getting unbearable also the frequency of headaches has increased. It happens once a day and sometimes even twice a day. Please suggest some tips by which I can minimize it. Thnku.
I an 40 years old lady, suffering from migraine for the past 25 years. I take homeopathy medicine, if the pain does not subside I take vasograin. Is there any other way to get instant relief?
Hi could yoy please tell me about Parkinson disease and its effects as I am suffering from it thanks.
In modern days, migraine has become a common disease that affects the young and the old equally. Migraine as such cannot be cured, but improving lifestyle and Ayurvedic medication can help you keep this disease under control and improve your quality of life.
What is Migraine?
Migraine, commonly known as Sooryavarta in Ayurveda, is a medical condition in which the excessive stimulation of the blood vessels in the brain causes a throbbing pain on one side of the head and is associated with nausea, sensitivity and vomiting. This happens because the vomiting centre of the brain gets activated during an episode. These symptoms are the most common signs; however, it varies from person to person.
What Causes Migraines?
These headaches worsen upon sunrise and it is at its peak at noon, when the sun is at its highest intensity and slowly subsides on sunset. This is one of the major factors in setting in an episode; it is not true in every case.
The other triggers that cause migraine attacks according to Ayurveda are:
- Spicy and oily food
- Stress, anger, grief, jealousy
- Suppressed emotions or natural urges
- Consumption of too much of dry, salty and pungent food
- Consuming polluted food
General triggers may include:
- Smoking and drinking
- Physical stress and exercise
- Fluctuation in hormone levels during the menstrual cycle or the use of birth control pills
- Stopping intake of tea or coffee suddenly
- Stress to sensory organs in the form of bright noises, bright lights, strong perfumes or odours etc.
Certain foods or beverages may also trigger an episode of migraine. These include baked foods, chocolates, processed foods, spicy foods, onions, dairy products and peanuts. These kinds of foods are known to suddenly increase Kapha dosha or Pitta Dosha and as a result, trigger an attack.
Symptoms of Migraine
It is usually characterised by a stinging, throbbing pain on one side of the head and is followed by nausea and vomiting. Some people may get visual aberrations called an aura- such as blind spots, blurred visions, distorted lines etc.
Ayurvedic medications that can help migraine are:
- Indian licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Amalaki – amala – Emblica officinalis
- Mallika – Jasminum officinale
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Kumari – Aloe vera
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
Simple home remedies useful in migraine:
- Tender leaves of jasmine or tender leaves of pomegranate are taken along with a pinch of salt and crushed well to obtain fresh juice. Early in the morning, preferably in empty stomach, 2-3 drops of this fresh juice is instilled to both the nostrils. Procedure is repeated once again evening hours (6-7 pm). This reduces the severity of headache in migraine.
- One fist full of Doorva grass (cynodan dactylon) is taken and its fresh juice is obtained. To this, 2 pinch of licorice powder is added and mixed well. This is consumed during the noon hours. Procedure is repeated for 20-30 days. This helps to reduce the severity of illness significantly.
- Take coriander seed powder – 1 teaspoon. add it to one cup of water, leave it as it is at night, next day morning, drink it on empty stomach.
- Soak 5 raisins and 5 almonds in water at night, next day morning, eat them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I have migraine I used many medicines but I did not get any solution for this problem can you please suggest me what kind of medicine is suitable for migraine any health care or any natural remedy for this solution what kind of medicine nlis suitable for migraine.
Hi, I am suffering from Parkinson (kampavata) from last 9 years and on medication/ taking allopathy medicines. I also took Ayurveda medicines for few months but not get any relief. My ayurvedic doctor/vaid said if I take ayurvedic medicines along with allopathy medicines and the progression of the disease can be certainly controlled with the help of ayurvedic.Medicines. I am having lot of problem in balancing.Please suggest me should I go for ayurvedic medicines alongwith allopathy medicines. Thanks.
My father is 65 years old and suffering from Parkinson's disease. What precautions I and he have to take for his better health.
My head feels a lot of pain when I study for more than 2 hrs.in a single sitting . I had checked my eyes to physicians but they told they are normal. migraine is also not hurting me . Sir what should I do?
Asperger's syndrome has been found to affect people at a tender age. The augmented impacts of this syndrome are felt as you grow up. It is a neurological disorder falling under the scope of Autistic Spectrum Disorders. However, it is a milder form of autism and has similarly unidentifiable causes. A person afflicted with Asperger's syndrome will not exhibit stark signs of the disorder. These persons are usually smart and brilliant but face issues in communicating or interacting socially.
Factors that may result in this disorder:
- Genetic factors could also afflict you with such a syndrome. Thus, it is important to carry your family history while consulting a doctor.
- Certain changes in a person's brain could create trouble.
- Your body could be susceptible to external toxins: many times bacteria and viruses from a polluted environment can lead you to such a serious neurological condition.
Ways to diagnose Asperger's syndrome:
- A doctor would concentrate on your child's speech: Language development can hint at many underlying health issues. Your child might fail to process speech around him or her which impairs its own speech.
- Exchanges in a social setup could be indicative of something: Children or adults could find social
- gatherings challenging. They feel awkward to interact with friends, relatives and colleagues. It takes a lot of effort on their part to exchange basic pleasantries. A doctor will be able to deduce from such symptoms.
- Facial expressions while conversing could help diagnosis: A person's facial expressions tell a lot about how they formulate or feel about things. Their words, at the same time, could be contrary. Counselors lay stress on frequent sittings to closely note the gestures made by a patient.
- Comprehension and coordination capabilities: Your child or loved one might find it difficult to handle motor regulated appliances. Comprehending instructions could also be a test. People suffering from Asperger's syndrome face problems in understanding simple things.
- Responding to change will also be taken into consideration: Patients trying to cope with this syndrome are usually not open to change. They take a very long time to adapt to a given way of life; a sudden change will thwart their idea of normalcy.