Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Pravin PatilYour feedback matters!
Whenever I stand after some 5-10 mins I hear an cracking sounds from my knees. Is it normal or it needs some medical assistance.
I am suffering from right side knee pain since last two weeks. As per Dr. Suggestion I took vovuran 50 mg & pan 40 mg. For 3 days. Then for 2 days pain was not there & now it again started. It pain while I walk, move my leg or climbing stairs or when I put presure on my knee. Also there is pain in entire leg starting from pelvic bone till knee. My weight is 69 kgs & height is 4.10. Please suggest what is cause of the pain & treatment.
My grandma age is 68 last 10 days. She can't able to stand and walk due to knee pain she is suffering a lot due to this. Pls tell me to solution about the problems.
My husband is 28 years old. He hs pain n inflammation in heels, ankles n smtimes knees. Doctor has stated in report as spa axial. So I wanna know what is it exactly. Oa or ra?
What is the symptoms of rheumatoid Arthritis? When I was in 12 year, then I was suffer for this disease. And I want to know this disease not affect in my future life.
I am of age 28 and when I walk my left knee start paining. I always sit on my left knee while having lunch. What test should I check out to know the root cause and how to treat this problem.
I am 64 years old. I have pain in the left knee while I sit on the floor. Please suggest the causes for the pain. Regards,
Near knee cap inner side muscle pulsating no pain but several times in day its occurring is it serious why it is causing.
I am having a knee pain from last 1 week. It usually pains when I workout. Like when I extend my knee after flexion a sound comes as if 2 bones are getting rubbed due to friction. What is the cause. I have felt similar situation before also but x-ray revealed there is no abnormality. Is it just becoz of exercise or some problem?
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes widespread body pain along with sleep deficits, memory loss, mood problems and fatigue. Symptoms may be triggered after a surgery, physical trauma, infection, or stress. Women are much more vulnerable to this disease than men. Many people affected with fibromyalgia may have suffered from headaches, backaches, depression, anxiety, tension, temporomandibular joint
disorders and irritable bowel syndrome. Most of these patients have undergone multiple consultation with various doctors and undergone many tests, but no diagnosis could be made. These patients are often ignored by doctors and family members as always "complaining of pain".
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Extensive Pain: Pain related to fibromyalgia is often depicted as a dull pain that lasts for at least three months. Pain can involve any body part like back,neck, chest, arms, legs. Patients have pain in multiple areas of body and painful areas change over time.
- Fatigue: Patients afflicted with this disorder feel tired even after sleep. Such people are reported to sleep for longer hours than normal people, but their sleep often gets disrupted due to sleep apnoea and restless leg syndrome.
- Cognitive Difficulties: These patients find it difficult to concentrate at work and also suffer from memory deficits in daily activities.
- Other Symptoms: These patients may also have symptoms like burning urination, urgency of urination, numbness,loss of appetite, tingling sensation,diarrhoea, constipation, tinnitus, depression etc
Diagnosis of fibromyalgia:
There are no specific test to diagnose fibromyalgia. Diagnosis is made by a doctor specialised in Pain Medicine using clinical methods based on symptoms and examination. Blood tests like Haemogram, Thyroid function test, RA Factor, ESR are done to rule out other diseases which can cause similar symptoms.
Treatment of Fibromyalgia:
- First step in treating these patients is to accept their problem and discuss with patient and family members regarding the presence of such disease entity.
- Lifestyle changes like active involvement in cardiovascular exercises, swimming, yoga, meditation are important to control symptoms.
- Conventional painkillers do not work in these patients. They requires special medications prescribed by a Pain Specialist for control of symptoms.
- Counselling of patient is beneficial for associated depression.