Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pravesh JatharYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, i am 30yr old. Actually my front 2 teeths are littlebig & there is 3-4mm gap in between them & they are slitly coming outside. Is this possible to make it well? If yes then how much the treatment cost?
Hello doctor my name is yogesh mesta from karnataka my problem is dental problem my question is how can I keep my teeth my teeth is very bed condition please tell me doctor how can I keep my teeth for dental problem.
I have mouth ulcers on my tongue and on the inside of my lip that has huge pain can anybody suggest me what should I do to recover from it? I am facing this mouth ulcers every month sometimes it is on tongue which is very painful. Why this is happening? Thanks in advance.
Hi it's goal Sagar, My mouth is smelling bad when I talk to any one. Pls suggest me any help ful solution to leave it problem.
My name is Divya and I am 19. I have fluorosis in my teeth and I want to know is it permanently curable. Please reply me as soon as possible.
I have a problem. My teeth are broken from middle twice automatically while eating. I am very much disturbed as this type of broken tooth may be dangerous. My oral hygiene n denture is not bad. There are no cavities. Please tell what can be done reason.
When I eat some hard thing and drink some cold water My right corner teeth going pain and I can't chewing hard nut's like. Pls tell me some medicine information. thanks.
Jab kabhi mai choclate khati hun to mere daant me suddenly dard start by jata hai. Ye kisliye hota hai?
My upper jaw's 6th tooth has a cavity and I am suffering from severe pain while chewing food grains. Please advise me the medicine and good tooth paste to eliminate this problems.
I have a staining mark which is uniform on most of my upper teeth, I don't know why it's happening, as I have never taken any medication for a prolonged time or administered with antibiotics for a long period?
I am 38 yrs old I have puss formation in lower front teeth and I have done cleaning once after that it started please guide me.
Chewing gum may be made popular as a style statement in the recent past, but in reality, it is as ancient as the Aztecs and the Mayans, who had the habit of chewing gum or bark. Over the years, numerous studies have been conducted to deep-dive into its benefits, and it has been found to be very beneficial.
With the recent fad of foods going sugar-free, chewing gums also left the sugar in them out.
For routine regular oral care, it is advisable to brush and rinse after each meal. However, in cases when one is not at home, this becomes a practical challenge. A good option is to chew a sugar-free gum after each meal, so that decay and gum disease are reduced to a large extent. This can be supplemented with a brushing or flossing as soon as it becomes available.
In addition to avoiding sugar load, there are other benefits of chewing sugar-free gum as listed below:
- Kills microorganisms: It is believed that chewing sugar-free gum for about 10 minutes can kill up to 100 million bacteria in the mouth.
- Stimulates production of saliva: The jaw movement that happens with chewing gum increases saliva production and flow. This helps in diluting the acids in the mouth, flushing out plaque, and removing food particles that are lodged in various areas.
- Prevents decay: With improved salivary flow, the chances of dental decay are delayed. Studies comparing pH of the mouth before and after chewing gum have confirmed that sugar-free gums reduce the acidic level of the mouth, which is conducive for tooth decay. There is no actual sugar in the gum, thereby one of the factors required for decay is eliminated.
- Xylitol: One of the main ingredients in sugar-free gums, it is shown to reduce the amount of bacteria that lead to decay in the mouth. This is an ingredient from fruits and vegetables and so good for the overall health.
- Improves digestion: As is well known, the first step of digestion begins in the mouth. With improved salivary flow and increased chewing, food is digested to a greater extent leading to reduced incidence of acid reflux.
- Boosts logic and memory: Chewing gum stimulates blood flow to the brain and stimulates the neural pathway. This has multiple benefits including improved memory, improved alertness and logical skills, reduced anxiety, and improved learning and memory.
- Saves money: With all these benefits, especially reduced incidence of gum disease and tooth decay, it is estimated that a lot of money spent on dental treatments is saved.
So, the next time you see the sugar-free gum at the billing counter, there is no need to think too much about it, go for it!!