Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Pratima C.LatkarYour feedback matters!
She took double dosage of iron and vitamin tabs for one dosage from that time she is not having periods, white discharge is continuing from them.
Hello doctor . I want to have unprotected sex. So I have heard about an idea of Safe sex days that is having sex 2 or 3 days before the starting of period. Is this method reliable? My gf will have period on 21st july. If I have unprotected sex on 20th or 19th july. Will it be safe? Thank you for your time.
Hi, I have very bad pain in my lower abdomen in my periods time and i take 2 pain killers per day for 2 days.
My wife age 28. Her period is late by 17 days. We do pregnancy test but result is negative. We did not want baby. She take the home made abortion food. Pregnancy symptoms also not visible. Suggest what we will do for period and to know the pregnancy. And for abortion.
Ayurveda is an ancient healing technique that is very effective for today's lifestyle ailments. For many people, low back ache can be troublesome. While strong pills and capsules may give you temporary relief, they do not address the core issue and have a number of side effects. Ayurveda on the other hand, addresses the trigger and has no side effects.
Intrigued! Take a look at these Ayurvedic techniques to cure low back pain:
- Cut out on spices: We may think it unrelated, but low back pain is often accompanied by indigestion. Spinal cord nerves connect to back muscles and digestive organs. Hence, a small change in your diet can have a great impact on your health. Spicy food aggravates the digestive system and has a drying effect on the body. By cutting back on spices and oil, the digestive system can work better and there will be less stress on the nerves connecting the spinal cord and back muscles and thus result in lesser back aches.
- Warm your body: According to Ayurveda, back pains are caused by an increase in vata dosha or the amount of air and ether elements in the body. Warming the body can help lower these levels. Apply a heat pack to the back as a way of keeping the external body surface warm. Additionally, add warm food to your diet. This opens out any blockages in your digestive system and in turn reduces low back pain.
- Padahastasana: Ayurveda is very closely linked to yoga. Padahastasana is a yoga asana which addresses lower back pain by opening up the digestive channels and allowing the vata dosha to flow easily through the body. To practice this asana, stand with your legs together and lift your arms straight above your head while inhaling. As you exhale, bend forward from the hips while keeping your back and legs straight. Try and touch your toes. Hold the position for as long as possible and come back to the starting position while inhaling.
- Anuloma Viloma: Anuloma Viloma is a breathing exercise that balances the vata dosha. This is a technique that involves breathing from alternate nostrils. To begin, close the right nostril with your thumb and inhale through the left nostril. Close both nostrils and hold your breath for a few seconds. Then, release through the left nostril. Repeat this process, starting from the left nostril.
- Bishop's weed seed tea: Tea made from the seeds of Bishop's weed is can provide instant pain relief from low back pains. This is suitable for men and women of all ages except those with heart problems.
The core principle of Ayurveda is to listen to your body's messages. These techniques will help you become more tuned to your body's needs and keep you free from back aches.
Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex last month. Last month I had my period on 23rd nov which started on 19th nov. I had sex on 25 th nov and took a ipill within 24 hrs. Again I had unprotected sex on 1st dec and consumed ipill immediately after sex. One week later I got bleed for 3 days. After that I got white curd like discharge, til now. My query is, what is indicate that white curd like discharge? Am I pregnant? If not, when will I get my next period?
I had sex with my relative she came to my home for vacation. As we both were sharing same bed. At midnight we were unable to control ourselves and had vaginal sex with her .her last date was 5th of this month. I gave her I pill .is it enough or should I take any other step? Her age is 17 years.
It is important to know when something is wrong with your sex life, as early intervention could save you.
Sex is supposed to be fun, and also an intimate way to connect with a partner. This does not mean it doesn't come with its own set of challenges.
While some sexual challenges can be solves easily with the right tools, others usually need medical intervention or even therapy. Below are 6 kinds of sex problems that requires help.
#1 Persistent problems. If you experience a hard time “getting up” or getting hard, and this problem persists for two weeks or more, this is a sign that there could be a deeper underlying issue that needs to be looked at by a professional. This is the same for other performance-related issues that are out of your control.
#2 Painful. Sex should give you pleasure. If you feel unusual pain when you’re having sex, chances are, you *and/or your partner* have health-related problems. Consulting a therapist can help you find the best medical-based advice on what positions will best lessen the pain, what positions and deeds are most comfortable, and what techniques you can employ to make the most of your time in bed
#3 No climax. Maybe you don’t have a partner and you’re used to having a go at it on your own. Then suddenly, you find yourself not reaching climax. Again, if this problem is persistent for a few months, or each time you masturbate, this can be due to an underlying issue that an expert can help sort out for you.
#4 Sex arguments. It may start with casual teasing about how your partner slept on you as you were about to do the deed…but then it happens again and again—so much so that you start to bicker about it. If you are arguing about your sex life and are complaining about it, it can help to seek a therapist before your problems in bed overflow to other aspects of your relationship.
#5 Unsatisfactory sex life. While you may both be very polite or don’t want your sex life to be the main drive for your happiness in your relationship, having one *or both* partners dissatisfied in the bedroom is a recipe for disaster. Maybe you or your partner is having erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation and you don’t want to tell the other party about it, or you are experiencing trouble reaching orgasm. This means you need help.
#6 Strained relationships. If your sexual performance and intimacy issues are causing a strain in your relationship, this is also a good reason to bring in an expert. Maybe you’re not having as much sex as you used to, or you are not performing well in bed, and this is causing your partner a great deal of frustration or disappointment that carries over, out of the bedroom. After all, a lack of sex can cause distance between couples and cause frequent bickering. If you want to save your relationship and enjoy sex with your partner again, you really should go see someone
@dr rahman sexologist
Hi I am 31 years old I have two kids my elder son is 2.5 years and younger son 3 months. On may I underwent tuberectomy (surgical method not laproscopic) in near by hospital. Still some tissue fluid is discharging from my sututal site. I am doing alternate days sterile dressing. No pus discharge only tissue fluid. I did culture which shows negative growth. After 14 days still oozing and mild pain iin that area. What should I do? taken lot of antibiotics and vit c tablets.
Metrorrhagia is a medical condition in which uterine bleeding occurs regularly or irregularly outside the normal menstrual cycle. Generally Metrorrhagia occurs due to hormone disorders or any other such irregularities. It could also be an indicator of some serious health issues such as endometriosis, cancer of reproductive organs or uterine fibroids. Read on more to find all about them.
Metrorrhagia can occur due to a number of reproductive disorders as well as certain diseases. Syphilis, infection, malignancy, pregnancy and many more are listed as the reasons behind Metrorrhagia. Metrorrhagia can be a serious issue as it can be painful, irritating and a major inconvenience.
Metrorrhagia is a medical condition which might be due to certain disorders or medical conditions the patient might be suffering from. They are mentioned as follows:
- Hormone related: Irregular uterine bleeding can occur due to hypothyroidism, adrenal deficiency and low progesterone. Metrorrhagia in such situations can be resolved if suitable treatment is administered in the right time and for that, correct diagnosis is absolutely important.
- Reproductive related: Endometrial hyperplasia and endometriosis and such other reproductive disorders or diseases could be a cause for Metrorrhagia. In such cases, early diagnosis is absolutely recommended for a speedy and complete recovery.
- Benign Tumors: Certain benign tumors like ovarian cysts and fibroids can also cause irregular uterine bleeding. Though benign, a physician should be consulted immediately for a speedy recovery as Metrorrhagia in itself can prove to be critical.
- Malignant Tumors: Ovarian cancer and endometrial cancer can also be a reason for the cause of Metrorrhagia. In such a condition early diagnosis and treatment is highly essential for a full recovery.
If the patient is suffering from Metrorrhagia, then they are advised to consult a physician as Metrorrhagia could be a sign of something more serious. Depending on the diagnosis the doctor can prescribe medications or if necessary, certain surgical procedures. Some of the medications and surgeries which can be prescribed by your physician include oral contraceptive pills, progesterone pills or injections, endometrial ablation and hysterectomy among others.