Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pratima C.LatkarYour feedback matters!
Hai doctor Just confirmed that I am pregnant. By Hcg test Shall I go Ooty or should be avoided? Any risks in travelling by car. Thanks in advance.
Hello Dr. My wife is 47 years old. She has vaginal pain, when penetrating she can't bear d pain and not interested in sex. She has fibroids. Please help!
My periods are 7 days late which has never happened I also did a pregnancy test but it's negative and also last month to delay my periods I had medicines for 2 days yet it came on the scheduled day I don't know what is happening.
My age is 22 yrs and I am female. My mother had cancer in her right breast in april may of the year 2009. My gynecologist suugested me after seeing the ultrasound report to go for needle test as my mother is having. But I dont want what should I do please tell me by seeing the ultrasound report. I have ultrasond of my breast and report is- my righy breast showsa well defined hypoechoic sol of16x10mm at 11'o' clock in periareolar region of upper outer quadrent and a small subcm cyst at 1'o' clock. There is no e/o ductal ectasia. No e/o puckering or adhesion to overlying skin and soft tissue-underlying muscle plane are also well preserved. Axilla: few subcm axillary lymph nodes with preserved hila noted in right axilla. Impression: high resolution sonography of both breast reveal features s/o fibroadenoma and simple cyst in right breast-adv fnac corelation. Am I having cancer or not wether I should go for needle test please reply me.
Nail biting or onychophagia is mostly subconscious habit triggered by stress, boredom, anxiety or depression. Nail biters acquire this bad habit in their childhood in majority of cases.
While it may seem like a fairly harmless habit, in actuality it is NOT! Nail biting habit may cause finger and nail infections, dental problems, mouth infections and also ugly appearance to your fingers and hands. Hence it becomes necessary to keep this bad habit in check. Try following ways if you wish to give up the habit.
1. Identify the causes/ triggers and fix them
As mentioned, anxiety, depression and stress can trigger nail biting. Fix these causes by practicing meditation, yoga regularly. If required and prescribed by qualified doctor, take medicines to resolve the issues.
2. Engage yourself in joyful activities
As boredom is another cause of nail biting, engage yourself in some light activities like reading good books, music, planting or anything you like.
3. Be determined
Be strongly determined to give up the habit. Keep telling yourself to stop this bad habit. Try to be aware the times when you put fingers in mouth to bite nails and stop then and there from doing so.
4. Nail strengthener
Stronger and well shaped nails will make you less tempted to nail biting.
5. Let your friends and family know
Informing your friends and family about your determination to kick the habit will help you with their watchful eyes as you might be biting nails even unconsciously.
6. Try fake nails/ gloves
Fake nails will not only enhance beauty of your nails but also will aid you to give up nail biting. If you do not wish to use fake nails, use gloves for few days to keep the habit in check.
Manicure beautifies your nails giving them a bright and attractive look. Thus it helps psychologically to kick the habit as you are less likely to spoil your beautiful nails.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Sir aise to mera 11 July ko period shuru huaa tha or pahla din se hi gharb nirdhok kha rahi hun or sex period ke 6v din me kiya tha par mujhe hamesha thakan mehsus hote rahta hai. Sir agar mai pregnant huyee bhi hun to aap mujhe gharbpat karne ki pill ka name bhi bata dijiye please sir help me.
Hi, I have thyroid and we are planning baby I had periods since last month but I have a bought weather I am pregnant or not cause i'm feeling drowsy these days and even I am getting vomiting sensation these days I got my last periods on 28th of last month and it lasted till 31st.
Heavy bleeding during menses.... What should you know?
Heavy or prolonged bleeding during menses is medically known as 'menorrhagia'. It is more common as you approach menopause but can occur at any age. The bleeding has to be severe enough to interfere with your daily activities.
The cause could be hormonal, pregnancy complications, bleeding disorder or a structural lesion like a fibroid, polyp, endometriosis or adenomyosis.
In advanced age cancer of the uterus or cervix has to be ruled out.
Symptoms of heavy periods
- soaking a pad or tampon every 2-3 hrs or less in a day
- passage large blood clots during menstruation
- your period lasts more than seven days
- you become anemic due to excessive blood loss
How to manage excessive bleeding
1. Maintain a record of the no of days and pattern of heavy bleeding.
2. Increase your intake of fluids and salt
You should increase your intake of fluids and especially salty fluids during heavy menstruation. You can have vegetable juices like tomato juice as well as salty broths during such times. This will help you especially when your blood volume goes down (which is characterized by dizziness or pounding of heart) when you get up after lying down. Your body would need more than four to six cups on such a day.
3. Increase the intake of iron
Increase your iron intake through natural sources like green vegetables, egg yolks, red meat, liver and dried fruits like raisins and prunes. You can also start an iron tablet once a day for faster recovery from anemia
4. Visit your gynecologist
A good history, few blood tests, and a simple ultrasound generally leads to the diagnosis. Sometimes a biopsy is required to rule out cancer. Multiple new drugs have been added in the last few years which have avoided the need for surgery
An early diagnosis ends up with better results. Hence, it is important to act early
Your body shape reveals more about you than merely the outer appearances. In fact, it is a reflection of your inner health and as well as your future health. Here are some of the things that your body shape reveals about your overall health and the diseases that you need to look out for.
1. Triangle: the pear shaped body or the triangle body usually has more fat on hips, thighs and the butt. They are at lower risk of heart diseases, since the weight is less concentrated on the waist. But, they can develop lower back problems and may have an increased tendency to develop knee issues as most of the weight is carried on hips and thighs.
2. Circle: circle shape is basically for those who carry a lot of fat around their waists. Men and women are equally likely to be affected. Those with a waist size larger than 34 inches in female and 36 inches in male are considered circle shaped. They are at a higher risk of uterine problems, kidney issues and pancreatic-colon cancers.
3. Rectangle: men and women who tend to carry weight distributed all around their bodies have a rectangular body shape. While this is a desirable shape for men, for women it may lead to a flatter looking body. This body shape is healthier than the others, but you may experience osteoarthritis and joint pain if you have higher body fat.
4. Apple: women who carry extra fat on the upper body, i. E. Arms and chest, upper stomach as well have apple shaped bodies. If their body fat is appropriate, they tend to be healthy, but being apple shaped can put you at risk for a number of conditions, including heart problems, blood pressure problems and diabetes.
But remember, irrespective of your body type, make sure that you exercise regularly, have well-balanced diet and stay happy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
I have a doubt for the past September month I have done sex with my girl friend without safety. But I'm not putting my pennies in deep, only touch top of d vagina and rubbed it. From their she couldn't get periods. Basically from childhood she couldn't get periods regularly. It comes 2 r 3 months later. As she told for d past year she get periods regularly. When we do sex it vil stop. Her age is 24 ,height is 5' and weight is 43. As she pregnant r else.
Hi I am 29 years old and married for last 3 years. I have thyroid and pcod. Initially had a irregular cycle and not with medicine cycle is regular. I had undergone scanning many times to see when I am ovaluting but I am not releasing any egg. No children yet and looking for it.
Hi. I am a 30 years old female, 5'6" and weigh 70 kgs. Need to lose 5 kgs to keep my borderline PCOD at bay and to get in shape. Will start planning for pregnancy in another 2 months. Kindly suggest diet plan accordingly. DiviSion into breakfast, morning snack, lunch, evening snack and dinner will be much appreciated. Thanx.
Natural home remedies for Insomnia
Insomnia can become a real nightmare as the clock ticks on into the night and you ’re awake to notice. Try these natural approaches to help you get some rest
Before- bed bites
• Have a slice of turkey or chicken , or a banana before heading to bed . These foods contain tryptophan , an amino acid that ’s used to make serotonin . And serotonin is a brain chemical that helps you sleep .
• Carbohydrates help trytophan enter the brain. Try a glass of warm milk (milk contains tryptophan ) and a cookie , or warm milk with a spoonful of honey .
• Avoid big meals late in the evening. You need three to four hours to digest a big meal.
• Spicy or sugary food, even at suppertime , is usually a bad idea. Spices can irritate your stomach , and when it tosses and turns, so will you . Having a lot of sugary food—especially chocolate, which contains caffeine— can make you feel jumpy .
Call on herbs for help
• Valerian helps people fall asleep faster without the “ hangover ” affect of some sleeping pills. It binds to the same receptors in the brain that tranquilizers such as diazepam bind to . Take two capsules of valerian root an hour before bed .
• Take 4 , 000 to 8, 000 milligrams of dried passionflower capsules . Passionflower is widely used as a mild herbal sedative .
Smell your way to sleep
• Lavender has a reputation as a mild tranquilizer . Simply dab a bit of the oil onto your temples and forehead before you hit the pillow . The aroma should help send you off to sleep .
• Put a drop of jasmine essential oil on each wrist just before you go to bed . In studies conducted at Wheeling Jesuit University in West Virginia, researchers discovered that
people who spent the night in jasmine -scented rooms slept more peacefully than people who stayed in unscented—or even lavender-scented— rooms .
• Try a soothing aromatic bath before bedtime. Add 5 drops lavender oil and 3 drops ylang- ylang oil to warm bathwater and enjoy a nice soak .
Be a slave to schedule
• Wake up at the same time each day, no matter how little sleep you got the night before. On weekends, follow the same schedule, so your body adheres to the same pattern all week long . You ’ll fall asleep faster.
• Every morning , go for a walk . It doesn ’t have to be a long walk, but it should definitely be outdoors. The presence of natural light (even if the day is overcast ) tells your groggy body it’ s time to wake up for the day. With your body clock set by the great outdoors, you ’ll sleep better at night .
• Try not to nap during the day, no matter how tired you feel. People who don’ t have insomnia often benefit from a short afternoon nap. However , if you ’ re napping in daytime only to turn into a wide -eyed zombie at night , there’ s a good chance that that afternoon snooze is disrupting your body clock.
• Once you get into bed , imagine your feet becoming heavy and numb . Feel them sinking into the mattress . Then do the same with your calves, and slowly work your way up your body, letting it all grow heavy and relaxed . The idea is to let yourself go, in gradual phases .
• If you’ re still awake after this progressive relaxation exercise, count sheep . The point is to occupy your mind with boring repetition , and , not to cast aspersions on sheep , there’ s nothing more boring or repetitive than counting a herd of them . Any repetitive counting activity will lull you .
• If you just can’t sleep , don’ t lie in bed worrying about it. That will only make sleep harder to attain. Get up, leave the bedroom , and grab a book or watch TV .
Prep your bedroom
• Turn your alarm clock so that you can’t see it from bed . If you ’ re glancing at the clock when you wake up— and it’s almost impossible not to —you ’ ll soon start wondering how you can function tomorrow on so little sleep tonight .
• Turn your thermostat down a few degrees before heading to bed . Most people sleep better when their surroundings are cool .
• If you share your bed , consider buying a queen - or king- size mattress so you don ’t keep one another up. Or consider sleeping in separate beds . ( Be sure to emphasize that your wish for separate beds is based on pragmatism rather than preference . )
Check the label
• Be cautious about taking an over - the -counter painkiller before bed . Some of them, like Excedrin , contain caffeine . Read the label first.
• Check labels of decongestants and cold remedies too. In addition to caffeine, they may contain ingredients , such as pseudoephedrine, that rev up your nervous system and leave you unable to fall asleep.
More " don ’ ts" for better dozing
• Avoid exercising within four hours of bedtime— it’s too stimulating. Instead , exercise in the morning or after work . An exception is yoga . A number of yoga postures are designed to calm your body and prepare you for sleep.
• Avoid caffeinated beverages, particularly within four hours of bedtime. Though people have varying ranges of sensitivity to caffeine, the stimulating effects can be long - lasting .
• Also avoid alcohol in the evenings. While a glass of sherry might help you fall asleep a bit faster than usual, the effects soon wear off , and you’ re more likely to wake up during the night .
• If you smoke within four hours of your bedtime, look no further for the cause of your insomnia . Nicotine stimulates the central nervous system, interfering with your ability to fall asleep and stay that way .