Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prathima LatkarYour feedback matters!
My husband doesn't have any alcohol r ciggerates habits his weight is 65 nd 30 years he went to urologist but he said you never get a children you adopt a child he told n he did fsh n scanning too so wt to do this problem please help me would I go for ivf for children.
My wife had an ipill after unprotected sex within 72 hrs, after a day we decided that we will have a baby & so had an unprotected sex, it's been a month & a half now since she had her last periods, is there any chances if she can get periods again or get pregnant. Please advice.
I had sex on 2nd April, got my periods on 16th. Took 6 pregnancy test, all negative, again had my periods on 8th May, but I feel nausea and my stomach is beating, am I pregnant?
I am a 21 weeks pregnant women. Now am suffered joints pain near pelvic and leg. Past few days I suffered lot. While standing and sitting doesn't pain created but in sleeping position I can't turn from left side to right side it creates more pain. Also while wakeup from bed its create more pain. Please give me some suggestions.
I am 40 years old female and suffering from leakage of white fluid from vagina and which smells bad as well and creating weakness. What should be the remedy.
I tried for conceive in month of Feb ,my period date is 8th of Feb it's regular period ,so I want to ask that I feel changed in my body feel like that I am pregnant but at 8 march again my period start.In Feb I had intimate alternate day but why I don't conceive what's the problem.
Hi last mnth I had my missed abortion on 21st march now this mnth I should hv my periods but till date I am not down. Wat should I do should I consult doc or wait for some more time? please suggest.
Hello. Mene suna hai ki agar ap recently pregnant hue hai to b periods aa jate hai. Kya ye aise hota hai ki pregnant ho to b periods ate hai?
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
We had sex for the 1st time. My wife is too young. Just 19 years and 6 months. She is having period now. This is her 3rd day. She is oozing much body fluid. What can she do to stop them?
Hello, this is Rahul Manchanda. I am a part of Manchanda's endoscopic centre. And I am a gynaecology endoscopic surgeon. We do Minimal Invasive Surgery for women's diseases. This includes surgery for Infertility, for which I want to talk about today.
Infertility despite our country has large population has rampant here. Many couples want babies of course and are unable to have them. So infertility is a science in medicines that deal with this problem. And as an infertility specialist, we would like to help those people who are troubled with this. Endoscopic surgery is a large part of this.
You must have heard In Vitro Fertilization, ICSI i.e, Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection methods to those who do not have babies and can not conceive. But you don't really need an IVF unless it is indicated and that needs to be diagnosed by the Endoscopic surgeon. You have procedures like looking into the uterus to see whether there is a problem and those problems can be corrected. And many people don't need IVF, once this works up and go through the endoscopic surgery. Tubes that are blocked can be open up with the very simple procedures in which you don't need to stay in a Hospital for very long and you do not have many cuts on the body, the cost is less, the trauma to the body is much less, you can go back to the work faster and of course you avoid the Infertility procedures. So, yes we do this surgery.
We are based at New Friends Colony and also Pushpawati Singhania Research Institute Hospital. Facebook page is also available where you can put your queries on that. Also, you can contact me through Lybrate.
Not only this, we do other types of surgeries also which we will talk to you about. But in case of Infertility, these surgeries are used. So if you have a problem, let us diagnose it, let us help to treat you and put a smile on your face.
Thank you. Regards.
Hello Doctor we are planning for our second child but my wife is getting periods in 20 days. Kindly suggest what should we do? My wife is 32 years of age and we do not have any medical history.
I am 27yrs old. Delivered a baby boy on Jan 2015 by C section. I still didn't get my periods. Is that normal or should I consult my gynecologist?
Hi, My name is salman khan. I leave in mumbai. Im a student. My age is 19. I have pcod. What is the symptoms of pcod? What to do? What is it? What is the diet for it? What should I do for it? Thank you.
She is having her foots always burning they are too hot we have consulted many doctors about that but there is no solution yet.
Women's health concerns are a little different from those of men. If you're a woman, these tips will soon have you feeling fit and energetic.
Eat a healthy diet: you want to eat as close to a natural foods diet as you can, that means a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables and fewer processed foods. Eat whole grains and high-fiber foods and choose leaner cuts of meat, fish, and poultry. Include low-fat dairy products in your diet as well - depending on your age, you need between 800 and 1, 500 milligrams of calcium daily to help avoid osteoporosis. Avoid foods and beverages that are high in calories, sugar, salt, and fat.
Apple cider vinegar in water is the best way to start your day. This bitter drink helps to stimulate the stomach's digestive juices, to help with food digestion. Try taking two teaspoons in water 10 minutes before breakfast.
Healthy eating will help you maintain a proper weight for your height, which is important because being overweight can lead to a number of illnesses. Try some raw vegetables, such as celery, carrots, broccoli, cucumbers, or zucchini with a dip made from low-fat yogurt.
Exercise: you want to exercise at least 30 minutes a day, five days a week, if not every day. Aerobic exercises (walking, swimming, jogging, bicycling, dancing) are good for women's health in general and especially for your heart
Manage stress: no matter what stage of her life - daughter, mother, grandmother - a woman often wears many hats and deals with a lot of pressure and stress. Take a few minutes every day just to relax and get your perspective back again. It doesn't take long, and mental health is important to your physical well-being.' you also can manage stress with exercise, relaxation techniques, or meditation.
Avoid risky habits: stay away from cigarettes and people who smoke. Don't use drugs. If you drink alcohol, do so in moderation. Most women's health studies show that women can safely consume one drink a day