Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Prathima LatkarYour feedback matters!
Hii I am 22 year old married woman. I want to get pregnant and my husband and me make sex last 25 day's. But when we get sex unfortunately sperm get out from vagina even when I sleep in right way (teeth ke bal. And I didn't get pregnant soo. Please help or give some suggestions.
My wife's now carrying now 3 months. We can have intercourse or not. Then she's have white discharges? Hw we can have intercourse and in which position can we do?
I am 28 year old woman and I am pregnant with 1 and half month in first time so I want to ask you that I can make physical relationship with my husband or not.
My wife is carrying. And currently 8th month started. She is not getting sleep in the night from last two days. I just want to know the precautions to get good sleep.
Hello, I had sex 7 day of my period is it possible can I get pregnant now I feel some symptoms of pregnancy my last period first day is 9 dec and 16 dec I had sex my period cycle is regular I am waiting for result I am diabetic when I check it properly.
Hi, I am 29 year old, after the pregnancy my wife is not interested in physical relationship. What I do. Pls suggest.
When you decide to donate an organ that could make someone normal again, you are actually giving the gift of life, even after you are long gone. Organ donation is the preservation of organs after someone's death, and a cause supported by many people around the world.
Read on to find out everything there is to know about organ donation!
- What is Organ Donation?: Organ donation is the process of pledging your organs through recognised institutions, so that the same may be used after your demise. This pledge usually allows the transplant of healthy organs as well as tissue that can be used to benefit someone who has been going through life without the said organs or without properly functioning ones. While some donations like the kidney as well as some part of the lungs can be done while the donor is still living, most of these transplants happen after the person's death.
- Types of Donation: There are three ways in which one can donate organs. The first is brain stem method where the person's brain activity has stopped due to an injury. In such a case, the heart and other organs may still be working due to life support system like a ventilator. The next method is circulatory death where a cardiac arrest gives rise to the complete loss of function in one's heart and lungs, which can lead to a state where the person cannot be revived. The third kind is living donation like kidney transplant or a small section of one's liver or lungs.
- Importance of Organ Donation: The importance of organ donation cannot be stressed enough. This potentially lifesaving act can help in bringing back someone's sight or give them a heart that beats normally. With organ donation like kidney transplant, one will not need to go through dialysis again. Also, organ donation can save much time, money and effort in painful treatments and give the person a whole new lease of life. It is also important because it ensures that the vital organs are used by a needy person even after the death of the donor.
- Importance of Physical Health: The physical health of the person is important in such cases because the donation should not have negative implications for the wellbeing of the patient. Through a system of donor assessment, the donor is checked for infections and other ailments including HIV so that the same are not passed on to the patient.
- Organs that you can donate: Starting from the eyes to the kidney, lungs, heart, pancreas, intestines, bones, as well as bone marrow and even the skin and corneas, one can donate a number of organs.
My wife is 28+. She wants to conceive. We tried last 2 months. But we have failed. She took folic acid for last 20 days. But al in vain. Her T3 T4 TSH values are also normal. Now what can we do? Is it natural or we have to go to the gynecologist?
Hello I am 30 years old unmarried girl, My eyes are going deeper inside my face, please give me a solution to overcome.
My friend is suffering from irregular discharge of white sperm like liquid, n sometimes she feel pain while urinate, which medicine she should tak.
Hi I'm 31 years old. Meri shaadi ki 2 1/2 years ho gaye hain. Bt abhi tak main pregnant nahi hui. Mere periods normal hote hain. Main kya karun ki easily conceive ho jaye baby.
Hello My 15 days old baby is on breast feed but didn't pass out potty daily. Is it normal? If yes so how many days are normal.
We are trying to consummate our marriage from last 7-8 months, I didnt have pain or any irritation in my vagina. But now when we are having our sex continuously for a month I feel little irritation and pain in my vagina. My last period was on 2nd nov.
I had sex yesterday, it was my first day of cycle (periods) is there a chance of getting pregnant? if yes, can take I pills while my cycle is going. Will it effect my cycle.
Hi, we are trying for a child for last 6 month but she is not getting conceive. There are few drawback. 1) she has less feeling while intercourse. 2) When is the best time for intercourse after mensuration.
Is urine infection is the reason I am not getting pregnant please guide I wanna conceive asap its been 5 months I am married.
Hi, I took and I pill on 14th June after having Sec without a condom tho he pulled out long before his ejaculation , my periods started on 18th lay month and used starts around 15-18th every month but it usually like delays a day or two every month , today is 18th and I still haven't gotten my period there was a little bleeding a day after taking the pill but that can't be my periods . What should I do ? Can you please help me with this ?
Vagina is one of the most delicate organs of your body. While you tend to the hygiene of other body parts, caring for the vagina either doesn’t strike you or it is too taboo a thing to be discussed about. Vaginal rashes are prevalent among many women and in most cases, they are not aware of ways to approach the problem. Rashes can lead to extreme uneasiness and if neglected, could even cause complicate health disorders. Thus vaginal rashes should be treated with proper medical assistance and watchful sanitation.
Factors that can cause vaginal rashes:
1. Warts in and around a person’s genital: Warts are infections that can have a painful and disturbing effect on your health. Genital warts are the result of sexually transmitted infections. The diverse kinds of human papillomavirus are known to trigger the formation of vaginal rashes.
2. Infections caused due to the predominance of viruses: Vaginal rashes may exhibit themselves in the form of aching blisters. This symptom could be indicative of Genital Herpes that further needs medical expertise to be dealt with.
3. Folliculitis could cause suffering: The base of a hair shaft is indeed a sensitive area. Any infection pertaining to hair shafts surfacing usually in the form of a red lump can worsen to cause rashes in your genitalia.
4. A cyst in the Bartholin gland could be the reason: A Bartholin gland is one of the two glands positioned at the opening of a person’s vagina. A cyst might happen to develop in any one of these glands due to accumulation of fluids produced by the glands itself. Secondary symptoms of such a condition could be red, itchy rashes.
Symptoms that help a doctor identify the prevalence of rashes in your vagina:
1. Redness of the skin in and around one’s vagina is a characteristic feature of an underlying problem.
2. Your vagina could itch persistently preventing you from free movement. Constant itching can also hamper your otherwise smoothly functioning sex life.
3. The skin around your vagina can become excessively dry and peel off as a result.
4. Tenderness and soreness are common symptoms that make sitting or lying down troublesome.
5. Vaginal rashes may or may not be accompanied by a stinging, throbbing pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.