Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pratap Laxman WaghmareYour feedback matters!
My son is 3.5 year old and having cavities in his teeth. I consult to local dentist. He suggested to do 3d scan of jaw. So we do the test. After checking the report doctor told to do root canal of 8 teeth. Four no of front and other 4 are rear tooth. So my worry is that, can we go for root canal treatment and there is no effect of this treatment on his permanent teeth later. Please suggest. There is no child specialist at my town.
Am eighteen year old. My weight is 86kg. But I don't look that much fat. Two days back I had a free checkup. They told me that I have too much of fat contents in me. And they even told me that. My body is functioning like 38year man. After hearing this it made me very much disappointed. Am just 18 but why is it like this. I don't look to much fat also. Is there any problem in me. Or it is bone weight. Can it be over come. And some of my friends suggest me to smoke, they told me that smoking can make a thin. Is it true. If it is then kindly tell me about smoking too. Please. I am disappointed. Y is it like this.
Hello doctor. I have one baby girl age only 70 days ; she suffering urinary infection what will do any remedy from your side.
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to your child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrician and ask a free question.
I have delivered preterm baby and he is not breast feeding I am feeding him similac 1 baby is 20 days now his weight is low what should I feed him should I change baby powder n as he is not breast feeding I want to stop my milk any medicine please advice as I need to get to work after 15 days.
My relative son age is 5 yrs. Boy is suffering from hyperactivity. He won't listen what we says, he is completely out of our world. He won't sit at one place. Simply he shouts. While making sound he il close his eyes & ears with hand. Everything he got late from childhood like walking, talking. Etc. And he don't know how to eat with his hands some one should make him to eat daily. How to reduce it. How to recover him as a normal child. Please suggest me.
My wife had Cesarean, her is inverted nipple, baby can't suck milk, We used breast pump, but milk not coming. Sometimes will get about 30 to 40 ml, which food should she eat to increase milk.
My child aged 12 years is having white small spots on his both hands. Spots are small in size, seems fungus. Request advise.
Hi, my 3 months old baby who is exclusively breastfeeding, is all of a sudden refusing to be fed. He is not accepting breastfeeding nor formula milk. Have tried colicaid as well. Nothing seems to work. He gas been crying excessively. please suggest.
Good Afternoon sir. My son is 5 year old. He has only one white hair which is very thin and short. What might be the reason sir? Is there any problem? Any problem in future? Pls suggest me any solution to this problem.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My baby is of four months ten days he is toothing and by this he is suffering from loose motions fever and cry a lot he also become week wat shud I do fr this is this common?
My son is 20 month. At born time he has thyroid. After that we Doesn't done any test. What to do now? Is there any harmful effect of that please guide me.
Hi, I am new mom and always be in a confusion that how much and what to add food and water to my one year baby's daily routine as I feel he is not getting proper nutrition. His weight is 8. 4 kg and he is a premature baby, took birth right one month before. At the time of birth his weight was 2. 2 kg. Please guide me. Thanks in advance
My son is 5/half year old , every day he is having a gas problem every time he is feel vomiting so he doesn't want to have his food please help me. Since last 2 year.
अगर बच्चे और जवान शुरूआत से घूमना walking चालू कर दे तो उसे बाद में diabetes डायबिटीज होने का खतरा 50% तक कम हो जाता है,
So keep walking everyday.