Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Prashanth DeshmukhYour feedback matters!
Due to excessive masturbation I have a pain in my penis nerve. And I also had headache, always feel anxiety. I can't control my sexual feeling.
Hi I am Suresh 25 years old but I have no job mentally disturbed and also so many friends I lose. I feel I am alone. Health also so bad. I have gastric problem. Please support me. What can I do for these problems solve.
Hi I am vijay. I do not have serious health problem. But take stress of small small things. So I can not able to concentrate on my studies. What I should do.
I am feeling very depressed I can't even trust my family. I am feeling hopeless regarding my future I am not able to c any hope coz I hate my family.
I lost somebody close last year and since then fell very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Help me.
I am 31 years old Bank employee .on 23rd may 2016 while eating lunch I felt I am choked and I felt I am going to die then I vomited and got anxious I went ENT doc he checked and found nothing in throat he advised its anxiety do not worry. Bt after that day every time I eat I feel that I ll choke n die .i m very jovial person I was enjoying my life but i don't no what happened sudden. I am panic attack patient in 2008 .PLease tell.
What are the things to be considered in order to get good remembering capacity, during your studies?
Hi sir I am not able to concentrate on my studies even I have so much of fond of studies bt I couldn't concentrate on it and my mind becomes unstable sir pls give some suggestions to get a stable mind.
Hi m 27 years old and I wanna switch my bad habits to good one but it's not working. So I just wanna know that is e-ciggrate is good from the regular one.
Hi my name is avinash 24 years, male I am smoking for last 9 years. I want to quit smoking. I try not to smoke then also I do. Give me some ideas so that I can quit. Please help.
Having smoking 3-4 cigarettes can causes heart decease. As not having any health problem presently. And continued smoking from last 8 years. My age is around 35 years.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
My 3 years son is badly suffering from Stammering. He is not able to pronounce words clearly. I feel very upset to see my little ones suffering. Please suggest for the treatment. Note: I am his father, 30 years old, also suffering from stammering since my childhood. I won't face much problem in communicating with people around me.
I am , 56 yrs. Old. I was at a senior level in a big corporate earning 1 lac. I was growing very fast. I was also like a technical adviser unofficially. I left, because of the wrong skit played by people. And based on that report MD asked. I didn't answer, Instead I submitted my resignation (after 22 yrs) from that, I lost everything. Including family (one son and daughter she took away. Then on, I sleep only with a anti depression ).my 24 hrs depression is the main problem.
Post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD is a mental health condition, which is usually triggered by an unfortunate event experienced or witnessed by the affected patient in the past. The symptoms of this condition are flashbacks, nightmares and extreme anxiety. The patient also thinks about the event in an uncontrolled manner.
PTSD is a serious mental health condition that can damage the affected person's personality to a great extent. Therefore, the person should be given proper treatment at the earliest. There are various treatment methods for PTSD that can help you in changing how you think about a traumatic event. The treatment options that can be used have been mentioned below:
There are different forms of counselling for treating PTSD which include:
- Cognitive therapy: It is a therapy where you learn how to change your thought patterns regarding the trauma and allow you to eliminate unnecessary fears.
- Exposure therapy: It involves talking about the trauma over and over again until the fear departs.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing: It is a process where you are made to focus on several forms of distractions like sounds and hand movements while you think about the trauma. A good therapist is very important to bring positive changes in your life by means of counseling therapy. You require a therapist who will listen to whatever you have to say and guide you through everything to make you feel better.
SSRI or Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor is a form of antidepressant medicine, which helps you with your sadness and tension. There are certain medicines that are really effective and can be prescribed by your doctor depending on the condition.
Other forms of treatment:
There are several other types of medicines and procedures that can be used for treating PTSD. They include the following:
- There are other counselling forms, which include group therapy, brief psychodynamic psychotherapy and family therapy.
- There are other medicines as well for the treatment of PTSD. They include tricyclic antidepressants and atypical antidepressants.
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors like isocarboxazid can also be used for curing PTSD.
- Certain mood stabilizers can be taken along with the medicines such as carbamazepine and lithium.
- Several antipsychotics, which include risperidone can be used to tackle symptoms such as flashbacks and sleeplessness.
- Another medicine known as prazosin is also used for dealing with nightmares and sleep disorders caused by PTSD. All kinds of medicines for the treatment of PTSD should be taken only after being prescribed by a doctor.
Post-traumatic stress disorder is a serious mental health condition in which a patient suffers from continuous negative thoughts regarding a traumatic event which has happened in the past. This condition may give rise to other health problems, and immediate treatment is recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.