Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashanth Deshmukh
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Prashanth DeshmukhYour feedback matters!
I feel lost for no reason. At times when I face depressive situations, it becomes difficult for me to breath. I am working out hard in the gym to convert my anger on the past to change my future. I can not find any interest in studies. If there is a remedy. Please help me. Thank you.
How to control anger? I am very short tempered. My irritation is getting increase day by day in little things. How to control anger? please help. I am desperate to reduce it.
She is suffering from depression. Her problem is over thinking. She does share with me but as soon as I suggest her things. She starts pondering and shouts at me. She is never ready to listen to anything anyone says.
I am 26years old male, in normal physical check up, doctor said that may be I am suffering from left side incomplete hernia, is there any treatment, I shall becobliged if you can suggest some homeopathic medicine and exercises, some other advice will also be welcomed, I have no any other problem, please advice at the earliest, I am very confused and in tension, what to do now.
Hello sir, I am single male age 29, I am having several anxiety, phobia,slightly happened to get panic, this is effecting my health and my social life. Also now I have notice that I am unable to consume coffee which used to be my daily habit bfor 6 month. I also unable to do exercise. I hv done my heart checkup and all results are normal .kindly help on symptoms. Thank you!
My mom works a lot. Her age is 46. Recently she lost her sister. Nd she remains depressed all the time. More over me and my brother, we both live in separate towns apart from our parents. So it's not possible for us to stay with them. I this situation what should we do to feel her better nd pull her out from her situation. Is there any medicine which she can use to get back normal. Thanks in advance .
I am trying to quit smoking, but its very hard to quit smoking, I am getting head ache and my fingers are shivering, can you please advise me to get rid of smoking.
Some medication to quit smoking so that one can just dislike to smoke a cigarette and or ganja/ charts.
I'm just depressed all time help me, I'm 31 years male past 6 years I have this problem because of shit loved a one girl, she not worried about anything she just enjoying life she got married 5 times different guy, but I am not able to change like her, I'm always thinking her I can't able to concentrate another work, and I spoils my career no job, I'm lonely feel no one like me, what I do, I went outing but also I remembering my days fun with her that place, were ever go I am just thinking him, why it's happening to me? please help me, in scientifically possible to format our brain to get fresh mind.
The activity of delaying or putting off something is known as procrastination. Even the best individuals battle with it consistently. However, some people accomplish something that the majority of us do not- they push past it. They do not permit it to influence their work. They develop brilliant and beneficial techniques to break past mental obstructions and remain productive. Here are a few ways with which you can beat procrastination:
- Try to start: Starting something can be very difficult. However, in case that you can get over that part, you will have some level of energy. Even your brain will probably goad you to continue dealing with the task. This happens because of a mental phenomenon called the Zeigarnik impact. It says that unfinished tasks will probably stay in your memory. This is exactly why planned things and to-do lists consistently appear in your mind until you finish them.
- Separate huge tasks into smaller assignments: Enormous tasks can frighten you, so you put them off. By taking that huge task and separating it into smaller assignments, you can decrease your burden make a start. This could include concentrating on one part of the research to begin with.
- Ask yourself “why?”: It is easier to inspire yourself to accomplish something you value. In case you are attempting to complete something, why not spend a couple of minutes asking yourself precisely why you need to do it and why it is so important to you. Weighing out the positives and negatives of the task and its benefits for you, can make you decide and perform better.
- Attempt to take a break: For those who procrastinate out of having worked too much, it does not mean you have to complete the task at once. This is known as the "sunk cost bias." The "sunk cost bias" influences players, speculators, and even a procrastinator. They feel that the task will need to be completed now and cannot be completed in the future. In some cases, a task simply does not mean you have to work on it more and more after hours.
- Go easy on yourself: To beat procrastination, you should be strict with yourself. However, that is not what science says. In case that you have procrastinated till now, you will probably begin on time going ahead. You need to show yourself some sympathy for your previous laziness instead of thrashing yourself about it.
Self-control is an important quality many successful individuals have. Having self-control permits you to carefully understand why you are procrastinating and can likewise, work towards it. When you understand why you are doing so, it will be easier for you to make a plan to beat it. This will allow you to see the underlying cause of your problem as well.