Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant WaghYour feedback matters!
My son is 4 months 15 days old, last month I checked his head circumstances it was 42 cm and when I checked now it's still the same 42 cm. My pediatric told me every month 2 cm should grow but my son is the same I'm worried but he is very active. Pls suggest me what I should do.
Hello, can you please suggest me which is the best milk for my 3years old child? Cow Milk or Buffalo Milk?
Sir, meri beti 11 saal ki hai uska weight 26 kg hai morning breakfast nahi kar pati hai early morning school ke karan lekin 24 hours me she takes only two chapati or one small ball of rice or dalia only please give me a proper diet. Chart for her.
My child was new born baby she is three months, for me milk level is low so please give me some tips to increase my feeding.
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being.
We have a baby boy aged 2 years. He is taking feed only and not taking food or milk. At the time of birth he is 3.5kg but at tge age of 2 years his weight is only 9 kg. Kindly advice.
My daughter has no interest in having food. She is 6 years old. Comparing with others friends of her age or below her age are healthy but she is very thin and every often she fell sick. Please suggest and medicine for felling hungry.
Meri baby 3 years ki he uske liye weight chart and height chart bataiye .aur under weight rahega aur height kaa hogi to kya karna chahiye please send ans.
Hi, mera beta 10 months ka hai nd he always faces loose motion problem. Vo jo bhi khata hai usko as it is nikal deta hai, din mai 4 se 5 baar jata hai nd he will become little week now. Medicines bhi de rahe hai but unse bhi koi khas farak nahi padh raha hai, uski bottle ko bhi hm din mai 3 baar boil karte hai still pata nahi usko ye problem q hai. Please help me in this asap.
My daughter is 9 months old and she coughs at night a lot. I have been noticing change in noises she make, like she has a lot of cough in. Thanks!
Hi my daughter is 1 and half month old. someday she is not sleeping from 8-10 hours continuously. For example today she is awake from 3: 45 pm and its 12: 40 am now but t she steel not sleeping. Please give suggestions I am so afraid about this.
My 7 month baby goes motion very tightly at the last 4 days. Then urine color is in yellow. But her activities are normal. Say some remedy for this. Is it related to any health issues?
My daughter is 9 years her both palms are always release sweat. It become wet and difficult while writing, books become wet. It happens in all seasons. She use hanky always to wipe the sweat.
My baby is 6 months old. We are giving visyneral multivitamin drops and ultra d3 drops is this fine or its better to introduce her wth sunlight instead of giving drops? Is it good to continue with the medicines. My baby has got diaper rash which has made her skin very red near private area. Doctor has recommended zinc dry powder since rash is not getting healed for 5 days.
Dear sir I am asking this for my son who has just completed 9 month on 25th. Last 2 days he was having dehydration which we thought is bcz he is getting the teeth. He has suddenly starting avoiding his formula milk or any milk which he use to take regularly. He is even not interested in any food and living in ORS. What should we do please suggest.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Cleft lip and cleft palate are the two most common birth defects affecting children all over the world. What happens in the cleft lip is that the upper lip is incompletely formed and in cleft palate abnormalities, we see babies with an incompletely formed roof of the mouth. Both these can be found individually or can occur together. These conditions can be severe or mild and affect one or both sides of the face.
The fEtus undergoes the separation of the upper lip and the roof of the mouth pretty early. In certain cases, this separation does not happen or happens incompletely and certain parts of the upper lip and roof of the mouth fail to form properly leading to cleft lip and palate.
Repair through surgery
- Plastic surgery is the only way to repair a cleft lip and/or palate. Both of these impair vital functions like speaking, eating, breathing, and hearing properly.
- Surgery is done to restore function and to make the affected child look more normal.
- Most cleft lip and palate surgeries are done on very young children usually 3 months to a year old.
- Before the actual surgery, a team of specialist define a course of treatment, including repair of the cleft using surgery, which means plugging the hole in the lip or the palate; speech rehabilitation and dental restoration, as the child usually has no teeth in the affected parts of the upper palate.
The specialists required are:
- Plastic surgeon
- Pediatric dentist
- Ear, nose, and throat specialist
- Auditory or hearing specialist
What happens during surgery?
Usually, cleft lip surgery happens in children as young as 3-6 months old. It has to be carried out under general anaesthesia. If the condition is severe, and the cleft lip is wide, special procedures like lip adhesion or a moulding plate are used to bring the two parts of the lip closer and it is fully repaired.
Cleft palate repair surgery is done at the age of 9-12 months only.
What happens here is that plastic surgeons bring together the muscles of the upper soft palate and rearrange them to cover the gaping hole in the roof of the mouth. The surgery is usually done under general anaesthesia and requires a short hospital stay.
- Without a normal palate, the child can’t speak properly. So, surgery helps to improve and normalise speech.
- And that’s not all. The child may require more surgeries as he grows older to treat these two problems.
- This is because the child’s facial structure changes and he or she may require advanced surgeries like pharyngoplasty, which helps improve speech, or alveolar bone grafts to provide stability for permanent teeth.
- A bone graft is usually done when the child is 6-10 years old and it closes gaps in the bone or gums near the front teeth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.