Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant PathakYour feedback matters!
I am a 70 year old male. I have an abscess on the gum near the tooth where root canal was done last year my dentist advise to extract the tooth as it is cracked. A course of antibiotics did not reduce the swelling can I save the tooth?
Braces ke baad mjhe retainer laga. Kuch din tak to wo sahi tha but fir retainer loose ho gaya. 2 days phale wo retainer tut gaya h.ab mai usko kaise use kru. Wire with clear plastic jaisa retaine hai wo jo lower jaw ke liye tha. Wahi tut gaya h.usko kaise thik kru. Kya mera retainer thik ho skta hai ya ni yaa muje phir se braces lagwane padenge . Please Reply me.
I am 67 all my teeth are intact. The front teeth upper and lower are a little bit projecting. At this age is it possible to set it right. How to remove stains on the teeth? While chewing /masticating the food the side teeth touches the flesh of the mouth and gets pain. One dentist said slight chipping of the teeth so that it will not harm the sides of the mouth. Pl advise.
Yellow teeth ruining your smile? see what's the solution it's not always whitening!
January is around the corner and along comes a new year with its numerous resolutions and promises on improving ourselves. Be it the latest diet or the promise to workout we all want to look and feel our best. If your dental resolution is to stop living with a yellow smile then here's a combination of home remedies and dental treatment tips to make you smile bright and white this new year.
Depending on the existing colour of your teeth and how bright you want your teeth to be, we have here some options ranging from the mildest to the most impactful colour change.
#1. Light yellow teeth: clean better!
Plaque and other food deposits can make your teeth look unclean and discolored. Most often the original white of your teeth can be restored by a simple clean up procedure that washes away all the discolored food particles.
#2. Yellow to brown teeth: eat better!
An indian diet with turmeric coupled with our addiction to anything from tea, green tea, coffee, red wine to even smoking can lead to excessive staining of our teeth. While it may seem impossible to avoid what we are habituated to it's equally necessary to compensate by frequent cleaning and whitening procedures based on your frequency and level of exposure to these staining substances.
#3. Natural white: naturally
Home remedies which have no side effects like a pinch of baking soda mixed with crushed strawberries or 3-4 drops of lemon are often used to whiten teeth by scrubbing away the stained particles. Malic and citric acid present in strawberries and lime respectively gives an instant whitening effect without harming the natural layers of the teeth.
#4. Frequent yellowing: brighten at home
If you're looking for more than just a natural clean white colour but want it done with as little chemical exposure as possible then home bleach is the best option for you. Removable, transparent, custom made plastic moulds of your teeth can be made in just one session. You can then put in a few drops of a low concentration gel bleach into these as they snugly fit onto your teeth. Keep them in the mouth for 45 minutes daily for up to 7 days. This procedure is done as directed by a registered dentist. This gives you a bright white colour with minimal or no side effects and the additional benefit is that it can be repeated just before an occasion or every time you feel there is yellowing of teeth.
#5. Brilliant white: in under an hour!
If you want nothing less than super bright then a very standard and recognized procedure is that of the office bleach done in the dental chair in under 45 minutes. Here we use a more concentrated bleach to get you noticeable and long lasting results. Done in cycles every 10-15 minutes to show you the colour improvement and prevent side effects and discomfort. Certain precautions must be observed for 7 days after the bleach and it is recommended once annually to maintain the colour.
A word of caution for the over the counter products that claim to work brilliantly to whiten teeth but overuse or unsupervised use of the same may lead to irreversible tooth damage.
Even with this array of information and multitude of options available for your convenience- a consultation with your dentist for your perfect white smile, will work best before you decide to take matters into your own hands.
You could have yellow teeth due to one of the following reasons:
Genetically yellowed or dull when formed.
Age-related reduction or thinning of enamel and exposure of dentin.
Excessively stained diet or habits.
Appear yellow due to fairer gums, lips, complexion or lighter eye colour.
Dental diseases which stain or eat away your enamel.
Improper oral hygiene habits.
Do let us know what you think. We would love to hear from you!
Dentistry has made a lot of progress in the past few decades and continues to do so. However, certain factors, such as injuries, gingivitis, gum disease and decay of tooth can all lead to tooth loss. Previously, bridges and dentures were the only options available, but now a new form of treatment known as ‘dental implants’ have come up. Implants are basically replacements to your broken or damaged teeth and can function just like the way your original teeth did. Implants also provide a strong foundation and have a success rate of around 98 per cent.
The advantages of dental implants are the following:
- Implants help you eat easily as they act like your natural teeth. Owing to this, implants score over dentures.
- Since implants look like your natural teeth, they can give you back the smile you need and hence you appear confident and feel better about yourself.
- Implants are durable and can last a lifetime which makes it advantageous over other dental procedures.
- Implants are permanently fused to your bone and help to improve your speech as they are fitted properly to avoid any sort of slip.
Are you suited for a dental implant?
The answer is obviously yes and in fact, anyone suffering from dental concerns can go for dental implant. Being healthy for routine extraction and other oral surgeries deem you eligible and fit for dental implant procedures. However, the minimum necessity is healthy gums if you are considering dental implants. But, it is always advisable to consult your dentist.
Implants require regular visits to your dentist and maintaining proper oral hygiene is a must. If you are a regular smoker or have chronic disorders such as diabetes and heart disease or have had radiation therapy done on your neck or head region previously, then you may have to consult your dentist before zeroing in on dental implants.
I'm 26years old female and have bad breath problem. I have changed many tooth paste like colgate, pepsodent, dober red, himalaya etc. But I didn't see the difference. And I don't have ulcer. But I'm having cavities. And I also done orthodontic treatment and tooth filling. Please tell me how to cure this problem.
Dear Sir, Mera teeth ka colour yellow bahut dino se hai hum dentist se wash bhi kraye par yellow remove nahi ho saka to kiya koi option hai aaj ka date me jis se mera teeth ka yellow colour ko remove kiya ja sake. Agar hai available to kitna rupees invest hoga pura solution hone me please btaye.
Do you often wake up with a dullheadache or a sore jaw?
Do you sometimes find yourself clenching your teeth?
Until you experience pain or have a dental checkup, you may not realize that you have a condition called 'bruxism', a habit of grinding or clenching the teeth. Many people are unaware that they grind their teeth because they do it while they sleep. Bruxism often occurs in the early part of the night and can disturb sleep partners. The clenching and grinding may be quite audible. Others make no sound while bruxing their teeth and do not realize they are doing it until the dentist discovers unusual wear spots on their teeth. Bruxism may be mild and occasional or aggressive and frequent.
If you suspect you are having too much wear of teeth or have a dull ache in the morning, you may require timely intervention to avoid any damage to your teeth and jaw joints.
Common causes include -
1. Use of all forms of tobacco (gutkha, khaini, bidi, cigarette, paan etc.)
2. Irritating or sharp edged dentures or teeth causing chronic non healing ulcers
3. Poor oral hygiene
4. Some hereditary conditions (example - Plummer Vinson Syndrome)
It starts as change in color of oral mucosa or non healing chronic ulcer which grows with time. It may or may not bleed on touch. Pain may be or may not present
Another form of oral cancer which resembles cauliflower is known as verrucous carcinoma.
Prevention of cancer includes -
1. Quitting all kind of habits including tobacco
2. Regular dental and oral checkups
3. Maintainance of good oral hygiene,
4. Rounding or removal of ill fitting dentures or prostheses.
Am suffering teeth gum pains. So please suggest me a solution and am also suffering from ulcers ulcers are getting in my mouth twice a month so please give a solution.
hi i am (55Y/M) wt. 58 kg as per thyrocare report dt. 18.02.2015 average blood glucose 131 mean patelet volume 13.02 apo b/a1 1.00 lipase 54.5 tc/hdl cholesterol ratio 5.2 alkaline phosphate 148.7 bilirubin-direct 0.21 lipoprotein (lpa) 115 25-oh vitamin d (total) 17.26 vitamin b-12 1676 problem- body is not feeling energetic and always weakness, dry mouth on speech since last 03 years. Kindly advice for medicine and care.
I have jaw ache and was prescribed novaclox in the past for it. That had worked last time, can I take the same medicine this time too.
Hi Dr. I have too much sensitivity in my teeth, I can't even easily drink water at room temperature as I experience a sharp and sudden pain in my teeth and gums. I have had some considerable sensitivity right since childhood, but it got worse since last month I just got 4 cement and a silver filling in my molars. I consulted my dentist about this, and I've used both sensodine and thermoseal toothpastes, but unfortunately in my case they don't seem to work. Please suggest some good techniques or treatments (preferably natural) that actually work as I'm not able to enjoy much of cold or hot food anymore. Thank you in advance.
Fluoride is a mineral which is great for teeth and takes great care of your dental health. This mineral is completely colourless and it is available naturally. It has got different forms like gas, liquid and solid. Tooth decay can be prevented so that teeth can be strengthened. You can also get this mineral in smaller amounts in the drinking water supplied by municipality so that dental health can be improved to a great extent.
Important facts about fluoride
- Maintenance of the thyroid gland: Fluoride can be used for the effective reduction of thyroid gland functions. This is how metabolism speed can be easily maintained by this mineral. Premature puberty can be invited by fluoride.
- Reduction of dental decay: Dental decay can be reduced as a result of which dental health can be preserved. Weak teeth bones can be made stronger with the use of fluoride on a regular basis. This is a medicated mineral and the experts have approved the same as the best protective element for teeth.
- Preventing cavities: Growth of cavities can be prevented by using this mineral as a result of which oral health can be ensured. Different kinds of oral troubles, especially gum swelling, pain, dental bleeding and others can be prevented. On the other hand, infectious oral diseases can also be prevented.
- Purification of drinking water: As per the researches conducted by experts, drinking water can be purified, and thus your health condition can be improved. However, make sure that limited dosage is included in water. Fluoride is absolutely safe and hygienic in nature.
- High quality toothpaste: This mineral is now available in teeth-protecting toothpastes so that dental health can be maintained with great care. The dentists often recommend using these toothpastes for preventing dental risks. These toothpastes not only protect teeth bones, but also prevent the dental nerves.
- Fluoride unsafe for kids: It is advised to keep kids away from overexposure of fluoride as that might cause severe damages. In case the dentist prescribes fluoride based products for your children, it is only then you should allow your kids to use fluoride based products.
- Fixing weak enamel: Weak enamel can create a lot of dental issues, and these issues can be easily avoided by using fluoride. On the other hand, formation of destructive acid causing tooth decay can also be efficiently prevented by the concerned mineral.
Harmful enzymes causing greater dental damages can be easily tackled along with preservation of healthy oral condition. But in this case, consistent usage of the mineral should be essentially maintained. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.