Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant MahajanYour feedback matters!
Right now I am feeling cold and minor pain in my chest left side and all joints of the body is paining badly even my back. Feeling very low. What should i do?
Hello doctor I. M sick since before three days. Ivhave very dangerous headache. I can't see any thing clearly please help me doctor.
No matter how healthy a diet you're maintaining to keep your body fit, an occasional craving for Pizzas, Burgers, Potato Chips and other fast foods are bound to happen and are very normal. However, junk foods not only disrupt a healthy dietary routine, according to a recent research conducted in the Ontario based University of Waterloo, there is a direct relation between the craving for junk food and disruption in the normal functioning of the brain. Here is a list of healthy and tasty substitutes for junk foods which might be considered as alternatives when you have those sudden and strong cravings.
- Puffed rice: A cup of puffed rice contains balanced amounts of calories (54), fat (0.13 gram), carbohydrates (12.29 gram), protein (0.98 gram), iron and fiber. Mix it with little amounts of green chutney, tamarind chutney, chilies, potatoes and peanuts and you have "bhel", a tasty and healthy snack munched on all across India, which is not at all harmful as compared to the high fat containing fast foods.
- Corn: Corns have a balanced amount of carbohydrates, vitamins, proteins and other minerals in them. Roasted corn or boiled corn with lemon juice and little spices can be used as tasty yet healthy substitute for junk foods.
- Rice crackers: If you can't make up your mind about whether or not to pick up the packet of potato chips from the market, don't bother. Try nachos or rice crackers instead. Every bit of it is as tasty as the potato chips; rice crackers contain a large amount of fiber and a minuscule amount of fat.
- Nuts: According to a recent research, chocolate cravings occur because of a lack of magnesium content in the body. Chocolates contain an unbelievable amount of calories (290); so you can have nuts such as almonds as substitute foods whenever you get that inimitable chocolate craving.
- Homemade Frozen Yogurt: Yogurt contains little amount of calories and a considerable amount of proteins. Frozen yogurts can be the best alternatives to ice creams.
My heart was recently coming a low heart pain in chest so why its coming and do not smoke and drink I am so please tell reasons and write best tablets.
I am 28 year old female. I m suffering from acute sinus problem for last 10 years. I have consulted many good doctors and taken prescribed allopathy medicine for long time. But with no relief or with less temporary relief. 5 year back I have also gone a nasal operation but it did not fully cure my problem. SINCE FEBRUARY 2014 I AM SUFFERING FROM VERY ACUTE PROBLEM. VERY UNBEARABLE STINK BAD SMELL COMES FROM MY NOSE. IT IS TOO MUCH EMBARRASSING. NOW I AM TAKING HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT SINCE MARCH 2014. INITIALLY I FELT SOME RELIEF BUT FOR LAST ONE MONTH MY PROBLEM IS AGAIN AGGRAVATED. NOW I FEEL RARE HEADACHE. BUT FEEL VERY TIRED ALWAYS. VERY BAD STINK SMELL COMES FROM MY NOSE WHICH IS FELT BY PEOPLE EVEN 10 FEET AWAY. PLEASE SUGGEST ME POSSIBLE CURE AND TREATMENT. ALSO SUGGEST ME GOOD DOCTOR. THANK YOU.
I am 49 years old male having diabetes and high bp for the last 12 years. For the last 4 years my diabetes and bp have been more or less under control. I have been taking the following drugs for the last 4 years without any change: for diabetes: galvusmet 50/500 twice daily. Glimepride 2 mg twice daily. For high bp: olmat am 20 once a day. I regularly check my blood sugar and bp at home. My total cholesterol is under control. Mt hba1c reading last checked in nov 2014 was 7 (good control). I go for regular walking and jogging for at least 45 minutes 5 days a week. I am slightly overweight 83 kgs. I wish to know should I continue with the above medicines further or I need to change them, and if yes, what medicines should I take ?
What I have to do that in winter if I use honey what are the benefit of it and how I can use in much amount? Please guide me.
Dear sir, my father has ribs injury in an accident. Exray has been done and doctors gave him medicines before a month. But still he is having pain in ribs so please suggest some medicine for the same.
Though nosebleeds are usually not a cause for serious concern, it can sometimes be a scary experience and cause a lot of anxiety. The nose is home to a lot of blood vessels and being fragile they bleed easily. Nosebleeds, however, can be a cause of concern if they happen regularly. While a few factors can be taken care of easily, there are a few rare cases that are actually alarming.
- Injury or blow to the nose: Any injury or sudden blow may cause the nose to bleed. The severity of bleeding depends on the intensity and nature of blow/ injury.
- Sinusitis: Bleeding is seen in a moderate number of cases of sinusitis. Not every person with sinusitis experiences nose bleeds though.
- Hypertension/ high blood pressure: People, who have high blood pressure and one or more of other predisposing factors, might experience nosebleed in some cases. High blood pressure basically increases your chances of experiencing nosebleed.
- Liver infection: This condition can be one of the rare causes of nosebleed.
- Conditions hampering blood clot formation: There are certain medical conditions in which the blood clot formation does not take place effectively and thus the bleeding incidents can happen with minor causes as well.
- Blood thinning medication: People having blood thinning medicines are more prone to experiencing an episode of nose bleed for obvious reasons.
- Excessive scratching or sneezing: This might cause the nasal wall to rupture, causing minor bleeding.
- Excessive alcohol consumption: In people who consume alcohol in an excessive amount, nose bleeding might occur as an after effect.
- Blood cancer/ leukemia: In some cases of leukemia, the patient might experience nosebleed along with other complications.
While some causes can be self-cured at home, a few others need proper treatment from a medical practitioner.
Related Tip: Why Nose Bleeding Can Be Serious?