Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am 39 year old married woman I have shoulder pain problem last five months what should I do please tell me doctor.
Hi sir im sai krishs from hyd. I not. Getting sleep daily. What I hv to do. I went many hospitals. Used many medicines.
I have some problems with my body like high temperature and cough and fevr what medicine should I took, or may I consult a near by doctor immediately for my help please help me or I may die is some one here to help me & also I have some other problems please help me.
I lost my hairs very quickly. I also have a headache problem. I think due to which I got hairfall. Please cure it.
Sir I have sex related question I have blood sugar 180 fasting my penis was not in full size for sex so I am afraid for sex.
I am 51 year old and suffering lot of problems i. E. Hypertension, Sinus, Headache, Cervical, numbness on some body parts.
My girlfriend had MC on 5.4. 16 in morning than I had unprotected sex with her than. At evening she had small flow of MC. Is she will pregnant help me give me answer. I had given her unwanted 72at that night.
What is the normal time for sperm ejaculations while doing masturbation. For me sprum will ejaculated for 30 second's while doing a masturbation is this any problem.
Contraceptives are generally drugs and devices, which are used to prevent pregnancy. A large number of contraceptives are available which allow the couple to enjoy sex without running the risk of unwanted pregnancies. The general categories of contraceptives are explained below:
- Male Condom: It is one of the most common forms of contraception. They are worn on the penis before sex is initiated. For safety purpose, a new condom should be used every time the person has sex.
- Female Condom: Much like male condoms, these are available at over-the-counter pharmacies without prescription. The condoms can be inserted to the vagina anytime within a period of 8 hours prior to sex.
- Diaphragm: This should be coated with a spermicide before sex and placed inside a woman's vagina so that the sperms are prevented from entering the uterus.
- Cervical Cap: These are used as replacements for diaphragms because some women may develop bladder infections such as cystitis while using it and these caps have lesser contact with the vagina.
The main implementation of hormonal changes to provide contraception is the pill. This is the most common form of female contraception available. It comes in two forms:
- Combined contraceptive pill: Contains a combination of hormones such as progestin and oestrogen.
- Mini-pill: Contains only progestin: It is available only with the prescription of the doctor and should be used as per the prescription.
Intrauterine Devices: The intrauterine device (IUD) is a long-acting and reversible form of contraception for women. It is of two types: Copper IUD (contains copper) and Hormone-releasing IUDs (progestin hormone is released into the womb slowly). It is a small device that is fitted inside the womb and it provides contraception by facilitating the prevention of fertilization of the egg.
Sterilization: This is a lifelong option that is available for both men and women. In males, the procedure is known as vasectomy which basically ties and cuts off the tubes that carry the sperm.
In women, two forms of sterilization are available; surgical and non-surgical. Surgically, the fallopian tubes are cut and tied using small cuts in the belly so that the ovaries and uterus are not linked. Non-surgically, coils are inserted into the fallopian tubes so the resultant development of scars leads to complete blockage of the tubes.
Other forms of contraceptives include contraceptive patches, vaginal rings, contraceptive injections, spermicides and contraceptive implants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Dear sir, I am 25 year old guy. I am having problem in my stomach. Problem is regarding gastric. Excessive gas formation. I having my diet properly then too the problem still arises. I have undergone ultrasound and they said your liver size is little enlarged than normal. Kindly help me.
Dear doctor I have an chronicle pain near my neck area. I got to know it is mayo fascial pain syndrome. My doctor has given me. Gabapin nt 400 and nucoxia Mr. I want to know will I be able to be back with my healthy neck muscles ever again. Please let me know the best treatments available in market for myofascial pain of neck. Regards Kanchan.
I feel tight throat after taking bupropion hydrochloride 150 mg extended release for generalised anxiety disorder.Please tell.
My wife is diabetic. She is facing this problem of Vitamin D Deficiency and presently she is advised to take Vitamin'D' Capsules weekly by the doctor. But till date no relief is seen. The problem she is facing is that both of her shoulders are stuck, feels acute pain in her joints all over arms. Please suggest any medicines or treatment.
I am suffering from vitamin b12 deficiency it is only 87 .how can I increase the intake of b12. I am suffering from chronic digestive problem.
2. Avoid biting nails or chewing nails.
3. Avoid cutting or pushing the part of skin sealing the space where the nail starts in fingers as they act as barriers to prevent infection.
4. Never rip or bite a small piece of skin next to finger nail or toenail
5. In old people with thick nails, it’s easier to cut the nails after soaking in water for 30 minutes.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.