Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. PrasadYour feedback matters!
My neck gets stiff when I wake up in morning and also it keeps on paining whole day? what do you suggest to do?
I have lower back pain past 10 days, initially not able to walk or even bend it, Dr. prescribed medicines for 5 days moveril- a, ulcerab 20, maxgallia 75, and physio therapy (ift / ipt for 5 days) after view x-ray. Pain reduced up to 70% I feel comfortable than before, and I hope it will cure slowly, can you please suggest how to reduce the remaining pain, and how to protect this kind of aches, pain in future? And why it happens to me repeatedly yearly once? Please suggest.
I am 24 years female, I have pain in my lower vertebrate of my spinal cord and I am over weight too what should I do?
Hello I'm having upper back right side pain since 1 year. Just mri and doctor said only nerve compress I'm taking medicine but still not getting relief. When I'm trying to sleep my upper back hurt. Pain every time feels like deep pain inside. something more serious rather then nerve pain. please help. I'm having insulin resistance and hormonal imbalance weight gain also very fast.
My mother is feeling a burning itching sensation in her thighs. More prevalent in left thigh. She was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and has undergone mastectomy one month back. As there was a drain attached on the right side she was sleeping mostly on the left side. Can this be the cause of the burning sensation as I read somewhere? what can be reason and possible cure for this.
I am 20 year old young male. I used to go in gym. I have a lot of pain in hands. I have pain also in my back. Is this good or bad?
Good evening Doctor, 1. I am suffering from back and shoulder pain from two months. Daily I am driving on two wheelers minimum 60 KM to 80 KM. 2. And also I have migraine Headache. Please suggest me what is solution above the problems.
My hand wrist was paining from 3 years I ate many medicines but I didn't get any relief from the pain all the doctors are saying that they are not seeing eny thing. And they will give medicines why if they are not seeing any thing then why they are giving medicines. How can I get relief from this pls help doctor.
I am 32 yr old male, having upper back pain on right side, the pain extend to my arms with tingling sensation, the sensation last whole day and night. While coughing I have severe pain in my back and arms. Kindly suggest me what may be the problem.
I am suffering from fever since 10 days I'm suffering from severe cough and back pain since 4 days and headache since 3 days.
I have a pain in my back and waist leg joint. Sometime it lock my movement. What l should and shouldn't?
I think my foot (both legs) is weak as whenever I walk too much or exercise they start paining and the pain is more specific to the heel area. What should I do to make them stronger?
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of arthritis that affects the spine. This chronic disease is caused due to inflammation of the joints in the spine and usually affects young men. It causes the vertebrae to grow or fuse together, causing a rigid spine. Actually, it affects the discs in between the vertebral column. These discs get swollen, causing a limitation of spine motility. It is an autoimmune disorder and its symptoms are lower back pain and stiffness, which usually moves to the legs.
- The deformity due to AS can be mild or severe. In extreme cases, the patient gets a stooped spine.
- Early diagnosis can prevent significant deformity as well as help in controlling the pain and stiffness.
- Allopathy doesn’t really know the real reasons for this disease and here is where Ayurveda scores.
- According to Ayurveda, AS is caused due to aggravated vata or wind, which causes an imbalance in vata dosha.
Ayurvedic treatment starts with detoxification and elimination of toxins. It relies heavily on the right diet and lifestyle as well as Ayurvedic herbal preparations. The panchakarma techniques called kati vasti, sarvangadhara and patrapinda svedana are very beneficial too. The basic explanation for the disorder is that AS occurs due to an accumulation of ama or toxins in the body. Where ever ama deposits in the body, pain is caused. Ayurvedic treatments aim at digesting the ama by using herbs as medicine and balancing the aggravated vata.
- Herbs used in the treatment of AS are dry ginger (saunth), guggul, turmeric, fenugreek, ashwagandha and giloy. Gugul, curcumin, amlaki, haritaki, and ashwagandha are all very effective in treating AS.
- Avoid getting constipated and ensure proper evacuation of bowels.
- Include ghee in your diet for lubrication and for lowering the vata dosha.
- Apply heat on the affected areas to control the pain and stiffness.
- Eat light foods and strictly avoid oily foods and curd which increase ama.
- Avoid sleeping during the daytime.
- Yoga asanas like pawana muktasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, paschimottanasana and vakrasana should be practised regularly.
- The practice of pranayamas such as and shodhana, chandrabhedi sheethali and bhramari also helps.
- Chewing 2–3 raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning with water helps in alleviating lumbar pain in AS.
- Use a powdered preparation of dried ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds in equal quantities with rock salt for taste, and have one teaspoon of this mixture with warm water at bedtime to reduce flatulence as well as lumbar stiffness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.