Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Prarthana Shah

Gynaecologist, Pune

500 at clinic
Dr. Prarthana Shah Gynaecologist, Pune
500 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage....more
I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage.
More about Dr. Prarthana Shah
Dr. Prarthana Shah is an experienced Gynaecologist in Senapati Bapat Road, Pune. You can visit her at Oyster & Pearl Hospital Pvt.Ltd in Senapati Bapat Road, Pune. Book an appointment online with Dr. Prarthana Shah and consult privately on has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Oyster & Pearl Hospital Pvt.Ltd

#402/A, Senapati Bapat Road, Gokhale Nagar. Landmark: Near Dominos Pizza, PunePune Get Directions
500 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Prarthana Shah

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Few days ago I am married so we don't child in 2 year & I want not a use any safety. So how possible

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
Oral pill like novelon or femilon are the best contraceptive for newly married couple. Condoms are still the most popular form of contraception, but can easily be forgotten in the “heat” of the moment, especially in a newly married couple. It also reduces sexual pleasure. Oral pills (combined pill) when taken correctly, the pills are most effective at preventing pregnancy.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Am a 24 years old woman. I have been experiencing reduced menstrual cycle from 5 days to 2 days since the past 3 months but are regularly according to dates. Is this normal? I'm a virgin and have never been sexually active.

MD- Homeopathy
Homeopath, Hyderabad
Hi! this is not normal thing. Menstrual bleeding can be reduced by various reasons like stress, hormonal imbalance, thyroid diseases, polycystic ovarian disease etc. So its better to take treatment for that.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, am married with one kid. We have been planning for another kid for last two years and have failed. After series of examination, x rays and sonography doc says my wife's tubes are blocked. We also tried to do few treatment as suggested by doc to open up the tubes but no results. Can you recommend any herbal medicines to open up the tubes and clear the system which can help conceive.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Greater Noida
Dear we have very good treatment for this in ayurveda. However, this is" god blessing" also. You may please, seek consultation in person with all the reports/diagnostics/medical prescription if any.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 17 years old and my girlfriend 18 years old .yesterday had sex she is in periods I only enter very small amount of sperm .should she get pregnant.

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear lybrate-user. I can understand. If you are sure that your partner was in periods, there is no chance of pregnancy. Don't worry. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi I'm 20 weeks pregnant, my Ayurveda doctor prescribed me mahavilwadi leham, is this safe during pregnancy? becoz in some website it's mentioned as avoid this during pregnancy (I dnt hv any vomit sensation from tha beginning) pls help.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, PhD(breast diseases)
Gynaecologist, Chandigarh
lybrate-user we avoid any drugs which have not had proper trials in pregnancy. .The allopathic drugs we prescribe usually have undergone vigorous trials in animals and later in pregnant ladies before we start prescribing. So pls avoid it.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have pain in my stomach and veins during periods. What is reason and precautions.

MD - Homeopathy
Homeopath, Pune
Hello , it is dysmenorrhoea that is painful periods. Is bleeding is excessive? are menses regular? if yes then do ultrasonography of pelvis done. If no 1. Use homoeopathic medicine mag phos 30 every 3 hourly in those days. 2. Consult homoeopath for detailed case history and medication which will definitely help you to come out of this problem completely. 3. Take plenty of fluids, fruit juices, enerzal sachet with water in those days. Thanks.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother has trouble walking, but she refuses to get a walker or cane. I worry about her. How can I convince her to get some sort of walking aid.

MD-Gynaecologist & Obstetrician , MBBS
Gynaecologist, Delhi
Explain to her that it will improve her walk & her confidence. Tell her that a fall at this age may cause fracture, specially of the hip which requires major surgery. If still not convinced, meet an orthopaedic surgeon.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What will happen when male penis eject female's vagina in menstruation time. Are there chance to born baby? Please advice.

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Chandigarh
If the periods are regular with normal duration of 4 to 5 days, it is less ; likely that intercourse during menses will get you pregnant.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Im 24 married. Weight 65 height 5'1" Recently had miscarriage. A month back. Now im loosing sexual desires. No more excitements. More tired. Im not interested in anything. Im scared. please suggest me How to become more energetic and regain sex desires.

General Physician, Jalgaon
Please It is natural Don't worry Take some rest After 45 days of miscarriage. Start. Relaxing exercises daily Go for morning and evening walk daily Take salads and fruits more Take milk, dry fruits regularly Take Cap kapikachhu by Himalaya 2 2 for 3 mths Lohasav 10 ml twice a day for 3 months Reconsult after 3 wks if needed.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

The Rubella infection occur after 15 week of pregnancy. If Foetus not infected then rubella IgM TITRE increases or decreases? How many days after Rubella IgM TITRE diminished? If Foetus infected then rubella IgM TITRE increases or decreases? How many days after Rubella IgM TITRE diminished? Pls give answer of above questions separately.

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
Fetal infection is acquired hematogenously, and the rate of transmission varies with the gestational age at which maternal infection occurs. After infecting the placenta, the rubella virus spreads through the vascular system of the developing fetus, causing cytopathic damage to blood vessels and ischemia in developing organs.16 When maternal infection/exposure occurs in the first trimester, fetal infection rates are near 80%, dropping to 25% in the late second trimester and increasing again in the third trimester from 35% at 27–30 weeks’ gestation to nearly 100% beyond 36 weeks’ gestation. The risk of congenital defects has been reported to be 90% when maternal infection occurs before 11 weeks of gestation, 33% at 11–12 weeks, 11% at 13–14 weeks, 24% at 15–16 weeks, and 0% after 16 weeks.7 Therefore, the risk of congenital defects after maternal infection is essentially limited to the first 16 weeks of gestation. Little, if any, risk of CRS is associated with infection beyond 20 weeks, and FGR seems to be the only sequela of third trimester infection
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 23 years old female and I have facial hairs on my chin area. Also my periods are irregular. Please suggest me something. Thanks.

PG Hom, London, BHMS
Homeopath, Mumbai
Hello lybrate-user, facial hair and irregular menses both point towards poly cystic ovarian disease (pcod) however the confirm diagnosis can be made after a ultrasound examination and blood test. You need to undergo a sonography of your abdomen and pelvis and blood test for your hormonal levels. Depending on your reports, the most appropriate treatment can be given to you.
6 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Living Well With Type 2 Diabetes

General Physician, Mumbai
Living Well With Type 2 Diabetes

Diabetes is a disease that affects the way your body deals with glucose in the blood and the glucose absorbed from the food you ingest. Diabetes is generally of two basic types - Type 1 and Type 2. Apart from these two types, there are other kinds as well including gestational diabetes that some women suffer from during their pregnancy. Type 2 Diabetes is a condition where the cells of the body do not make proper use of the insulin being produced by the pancreas.

Living with this kind of a condition may seem debilitating at first, but here are a few things you can do to make life easier despite Type 2 Diabetes.

  • Weight: Being overweight is one the foremost side effects and sometimes, even cause of Type 2 Diabetes. To make your life easier, you can lose weight so that the complications involved are that much less. Diet and exercise are key for appropriate weight loss. Watch your diet so that you can eliminate high cholesterol as well. This can ensure that unnecessary amount of fat does not stick to your muscles and organs, which in turn will fuel better functioning of the same.
  • Health Care Providers: Being fit with Type 2 Diabetes does not merely mean staying within your normal weight range. It also means taking care of your medication and insulin doses so that you can function in a more normal way. Make your family and friends your support system as you go about life so that people can help you and recognize symptoms when something goes wrong. Be in constant touch with your health care providers and the general physician you see so that they are in the loop and you know exactly what to do in case there is an emergency.
  • Exercise: Being active is a great way to keep your blood sugar level low even as you ensure that you heart is in good condition. This will further eliminate the risk of heart disease, hypertension and high cholesterol. Sweating it out also helps the insulin work in a better manner within your body.
  • Balance: While you may be asked to remove sugar from your diet, there is no need to stay away from proper meals. You can have a fiber rich diet that also has plenty of fruits and vegetables so that you get your due nutrition to maintain a fit body.

Watching your lifestyle is the main thing you need to do if you are suffering from Type 2 Diabetes.

3468 people found this helpful

Hi I always have my periods 7 days late. But now it s been 12 days still I didn' t get. I did pregnancy test result is negative. Any suggestions

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Homoeopathic treatment mensoaid syrup (bakson) drink 2 spoon twice daily pulsatilla nig 30 take 1 drop in 1 spoon fresh water at night for 2 month and report thereafter.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What Is Female Sexual Dysfunction?

Sexologist, Delhi
What Is Female Sexual Dysfunction?

Constant problems in women  during intimate activity is enough to send you or your partner in agony. It is important to understand that it can be due to female sexual dysfunction. Female sexual dysfunction can happen at any stage of a woman's life and can be lifelong, but os usually acquired later in life. Also it can be due to some situations or all sexual situations.

Women with sexual dysfunction might show the following symptoms:

  • Decreased sexual desire: A lack of interest and willingness to engage in sexual activity is the most common symptom of female sexual dysfunction.
  • Sexual arousal disorder: The desire of involving in sexual activity might be present, but it is difficult to become aroused or unable to maintain the arousal during the act.
  • Orgasmic disorder: One experiences repeated and constant difficulty in attaining orgasm despite of an orgasm and stimulation.
  • Sexual pain disorder: Pain is experienced on vaginal contact or stimulation

Following can contribute to dysfunction:

  • Medical conditions like kidney failure, heart diseases, cancer, and multiple sclerosis can lead to dysfunction. Some medicines like the antihistamines, antidepressants and blood pressure medicines can lead to a lowered sexual desire and an inability to experience orgasm.
  • Hormonal changes during pregnancy, after a baby and menopause also affect the sexual activity. The estrogen levels fall postmenopausal and change the genital tissues along with the sexual responsiveness. It is believed that a decrease in estrogen levels leads to a decrease in the blood flow of the pelvic region, thus leading to more time for an orgasm.
  • An anxiety or depression, which has not been treated can lead to sexual dysfunction. A history of sexual abuse or stress that has been present for a long time also leads to dysfunction.
  • A conflict with the partner in the relationship or about sex can also decrease sexual responsiveness.

Non-medicated treatment

  • Openly communicating with your partner about your likes and dislikes makes a great difference
  • Regular exercising gives a boost to the stamina and elevates the mood thus increasing romantic feelings. Use of alcohol should be decreased
  • Taking help from a therapist in case of problems with sex and relationships
  • Use of device and lubricants can help in arousal
4346 people found this helpful

I started having sex since 1 year and sexually active and very aroused for sex and I'm 27 now Since puberty my vagina is very very dry and never got leucorrhoea Now I get difficulty in sex and always have to use lubricant to avoid pain during sex Even when my boyfriend licks my vagina for long time I get aroused but I don't get any discharge He says it tastes normal No offensive smell No itching No eruption I had sex till today only with my boyfriend and never used any contraceptive please help me to get a natural vaginally discharge.

MD-Ayurveda, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Sexologist, Haldwani
Hello- Generally, vaginal dryness is caused by lowered levels of estrogen, the hormone responsible for making fluids flow through the vaginal canal. However, all hope is not lost – here are a few natural home remedies that you could try to make the vagina moist. -Stay Super-hydrated -Oil of Evening Primrose helps treat vaginal dryness. -Healthy intake of Omega 3 Fatty Acids (salmon, tuna, and mackerel, sesame seeds, raw pumpkin, and sunflower seeds) -Careful vaginal cleaning -Supplements (Boost lubrication with beta carotene and vitamins A and B, especially B4, B5 and B12) -Plan to do a half-hour brisk walk or other form of light cardio exercise directly before you hit the sack.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife is 17 weeks pregnant. Need to know whether supplements such as WHEATGRASS powder, SPIRULINA CAPSULES & OMEGA 3 Can be taken during this periods.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Advanced Infertility
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
in pregnancy she will need to take only folic acid ,iron calcium and proteins prescribed by your doctor .progesterone must have been prescribed for safety of pregnancy .this has to be combined with a good diet.other things are not required
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Her period always delay (7 to 10 days) last 4 year. Recently she married me. The past month she is delay above one month from the actually date. The running month she is already be delay 12 days. Now she take a tonic evecare. What I do get me an idea.

CCP, MBA, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Karnal
Evecare has to be taken for 3-4 months. This will be fine. If not then get an ultrasound done & consult again.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm 23 years girl, sometimes in a day, I feel too much burning in vagina area and urine too, it's too irritating, what to do for this, please help, its really so painful?

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS
Gynaecologist, Noida
Hello, you may be suffering from vaginitis and secondary uti. So please get a vaginal saw and urine culture done to rule out infection.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed