Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prarthana ShahYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, from last few days My wife age 31yrs is having sudden pain in Right side of Chest leading to severe Headache. We have consulted many doctors and nothing come out. All says its a Gasteric pain. Also, there is nothing significant found in Lab reports like LFT, KFT, CBC and Specially Lipid Profile, all these reports are normal. One thing more , She is also having issues with her periods, they are not coming properly from few months. HCG test is Negative. We are not understanding what the problem is. Will You please help me out in this situation.Will be very greatful to you all.
Few days ago I am married so we don't child in 2 year & I want not a use any safety. So how can.it possible
Am a 24 years old woman. I have been experiencing reduced menstrual cycle from 5 days to 2 days since the past 3 months but are regularly according to dates. Is this normal? I'm a virgin and have never been sexually active.
Hi, am married with one kid. We have been planning for another kid for last two years and have failed. After series of examination, x rays and sonography doc says my wife's tubes are blocked. We also tried to do few treatment as suggested by doc to open up the tubes but no results. Can you recommend any herbal medicines to open up the tubes and clear the system which can help conceive.
I am 17 years old and my girlfriend 18 years old .yesterday had sex she is in periods I only enter very small amount of sperm .should she get pregnant.
My best friend had sex with her boyfriend on 28th October 2016 and their condom broke after an hour she took an I pill Last month she got her periods on 10th, and every month her periods comes 7 days earlier so according to that she should have got down today i.e. 3rd November 2016. But she has not yet got her periods. Is there anything to be worried about. Are there any chances she might get pregnant. She is 20 now.
Hi I'm 20 weeks pregnant, my Ayurveda doctor prescribed me mahavilwadi leham, is this safe during pregnancy? becoz in some website it's mentioned as avoid this during pregnancy (I dnt hv any vomit sensation from tha beginning) pls help.
My mother has trouble walking, but she refuses to get a walker or cane. I worry about her. How can I convince her to get some sort of walking aid.
What will happen when male penis eject female's vagina in menstruation time. Are there chance to born baby? Please advice.
Im 24 married. Weight 65 height 5'1" Recently had miscarriage. A month back. Now im loosing sexual desires. No more excitements. More tired. Im not interested in anything. Im scared. please suggest me How to become more energetic and regain sex desires.
The Rubella infection occur after 15 week of pregnancy. If Foetus not infected then rubella IgM TITRE increases or decreases? How many days after Rubella IgM TITRE diminished? If Foetus infected then rubella IgM TITRE increases or decreases? How many days after Rubella IgM TITRE diminished? Pls give answer of above questions separately.
I am 23 years old female and I have facial hairs on my chin area. Also my periods are irregular. Please suggest me something. Thanks.
Diabetes is a disease that affects the way your body deals with glucose in the blood and the glucose absorbed from the food you ingest. Diabetes is generally of two basic types - Type 1 and Type 2. Apart from these two types, there are other kinds as well including gestational diabetes that some women suffer from during their pregnancy. Type 2 Diabetes is a condition where the cells of the body do not make proper use of the insulin being produced by the pancreas.
Living with this kind of a condition may seem debilitating at first, but here are a few things you can do to make life easier despite Type 2 Diabetes.
- Weight: Being overweight is one the foremost side effects and sometimes, even cause of Type 2 Diabetes. To make your life easier, you can lose weight so that the complications involved are that much less. Diet and exercise are key for appropriate weight loss. Watch your diet so that you can eliminate high cholesterol as well. This can ensure that unnecessary amount of fat does not stick to your muscles and organs, which in turn will fuel better functioning of the same.
- Health Care Providers: Being fit with Type 2 Diabetes does not merely mean staying within your normal weight range. It also means taking care of your medication and insulin doses so that you can function in a more normal way. Make your family and friends your support system as you go about life so that people can help you and recognize symptoms when something goes wrong. Be in constant touch with your health care providers and the general physician you see so that they are in the loop and you know exactly what to do in case there is an emergency.
- Exercise: Being active is a great way to keep your blood sugar level low even as you ensure that you heart is in good condition. This will further eliminate the risk of heart disease, hypertension and high cholesterol. Sweating it out also helps the insulin work in a better manner within your body.
- Balance: While you may be asked to remove sugar from your diet, there is no need to stay away from proper meals. You can have a fiber rich diet that also has plenty of fruits and vegetables so that you get your due nutrition to maintain a fit body.
Watching your lifestyle is the main thing you need to do if you are suffering from Type 2 Diabetes.
Hi I always have my periods 7 days late. But now it s been 12 days still I didn' t get. I did pregnancy test result is negative. Any suggestions
Constant problems in women during intimate activity is enough to send you or your partner in agony. It is important to understand that it can be due to female sexual dysfunction. Female sexual dysfunction can happen at any stage of a woman's life and can be lifelong, but os usually acquired later in life. Also it can be due to some situations or all sexual situations.
Women with sexual dysfunction might show the following symptoms:
- Decreased sexual desire: A lack of interest and willingness to engage in sexual activity is the most common symptom of female sexual dysfunction.
- Sexual arousal disorder: The desire of involving in sexual activity might be present, but it is difficult to become aroused or unable to maintain the arousal during the act.
- Orgasmic disorder: One experiences repeated and constant difficulty in attaining orgasm despite of an orgasm and stimulation.
- Sexual pain disorder: Pain is experienced on vaginal contact or stimulation
Following can contribute to dysfunction:
- Medical conditions like kidney failure, heart diseases, cancer, and multiple sclerosis can lead to dysfunction. Some medicines like the antihistamines, antidepressants and blood pressure medicines can lead to a lowered sexual desire and an inability to experience orgasm.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy, after a baby and menopause also affect the sexual activity. The estrogen levels fall postmenopausal and change the genital tissues along with the sexual responsiveness. It is believed that a decrease in estrogen levels leads to a decrease in the blood flow of the pelvic region, thus leading to more time for an orgasm.
- An anxiety or depression, which has not been treated can lead to sexual dysfunction. A history of sexual abuse or stress that has been present for a long time also leads to dysfunction.
- A conflict with the partner in the relationship or about sex can also decrease sexual responsiveness.
- Openly communicating with your partner about your likes and dislikes makes a great difference
- Regular exercising gives a boost to the stamina and elevates the mood thus increasing romantic feelings. Use of alcohol should be decreased
- Taking help from a therapist in case of problems with sex and relationships
- Use of device and lubricants can help in arousal