Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prarthana ShahYour feedback matters!
I sex with my husband in period 3rd day on 5th September it start itching till it is not stopped what can I do please help me is it a serious problem help me.
Hi. I am 12 weeks pregnant. My doc advice me to take SeaCod Liver Oil Capsules from now till the end of pregnancy. Is it safe to take these Capsules?
I have pcos. I am trying to conceive I had my periods on 6 june and on 3rd day (9 june) of period I took humog injection and then on 11 and 13 june I took same injection. On 16 june done with sonography of ovulation study in it 16 and 15 mm two focille on right ovary and 16 and 17 mm 3 focille on left ovary observed Et is 8 mm. After sonography doctor inject hcg injection. And on 19 june to till today I am trying to conceive how many chances of me to get pregnant doctor gave me fegest 200 (progesterone sustain tablet) for 20 day also. I am hypothyroid with irregular periods.
Am newly married and next week planning my honeymoon. But my wife period time is on the same days. We can't postpone our honeymoon days because of work. So what should I do. She told me that she can have tablet's which will postpone period, is that safe, I can enjoy sex while having tablets. Please help me. She is healthy and didn't consume any kind of medicines for last one month.
My friend had tried sex with her boyfriend but they cannot make it. Her boyfriend tried 4-5 times to enter but as he try, she started having pain. One more time they tried without putting on but again the same problem. He ejaculate outside after 10-15 minutes. My question is there stand a chance of her getting pregnant? After all this, when goes to pee and there was blood coming out. Please suggest something.
The uterus, vagina and cervix are major components of the female reproductive system. Their functioning impacts the overall growth and health of the female body as well as sexuality.
There are a number of infections and diseases that affect the female reproductive organs. Most cases require clinical care and treatment in consultation with a gynaecologist.
Following are the symptoms of infection in the uterus, cervix or vagina:
- Pain or numbness in the pelvic region
- Unusual discharge from the vagina
- Bleeding during or after intercourse
- Pain or burning sensation during urination
- Skipped periods
- Excessively painful menstrual cramps
- Nausea and vomiting
- Urinary incontinence
There are three main types of infections that affect the organs of the female reproductive system. They are as follows:
This is an infection that affects the vagina. It occurs when the walls of the vagina get inflamed and irritated. It is caused by bacteria, viruses, yeast, chemicals and even clothing. It often occurs due to sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). The different types of infections that occur as vaginitis are yeast infection, viral vaginitis, bacterial vaginitis, trichomoniasis vaginitis, etc.
This infection affects the cervix. Cervicitis can either be acute or chronic in nature, depending upon what causes the cervix to get inflamed. It occurs most commonly due to sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhoea, chlamydia and herpes. This condition is often confused with vaginitis as the two have similar causes and symptoms.
3. Pelvic inflammatory disease
Pelvic inflammatory disease (pid) is a serious infection that affects the uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes. It is caused by sexually transmitted infections like chlamydia and gonorrhoea and can lead to severe complications. It often causes scar tissue to grow between the internal organs and may even lead to ectopic pregnancy. If not properly diagnosed, it can cause infertility and other chronic problems.
Treating the various infections that affect the female reproductive system depends on a number of factors such as nature of the problem, age and medical history of the patient, and the root causes. Early detection and diagnosis ensure effective treatment which makes it important to see a gynaecologist at the onset of symptoms.
Hi We are blessed with a boy baby 3 months back and my wife feeding him regularly When could be here approximate date for here periods.
Mouth gargling with warm water with salt added to it is a very effective method especially in chilling winters to reduce tooth ache arising due to sensitive teeth. Though it relieves the pain, consult your dentist for permanent cure.
Ingredients that you generally come across in candies, soft drinks, desserts and so on are known as artificial sweeteners. Many women during their pregnancy include these ingredients (in the form of foods and drinks that have been artificially sweetened) in their diet so as to cut down the amount of sugar in their diet.
But before you go about including them in your diet during pregnancy, there are certain things that you need to be aware of. Artificial sweeteners are generally of two types - nutritive sweeteners and nonnutritive sweeteners, the former contains calories while the latter doesn't.
Which sweeteners are safe to have?
Nutritive sweeteners, when consumed in moderation, can be looked upon as safe to have when you're pregnant, as long as they don't add to your body weight. But if you suffer from carbohydrate intolerance like diabetes, insulin resistance or even gestational diabetes, you need to limit the consumption of nutritive sweeteners. This type of sweeteners includes the different forms of sugar sucrose, honey, corn sugar, maltose, fructose and dextrose.
On the other hand, non-nutritive sweeteners are found in small quantities in foods since their role there is to only add a certain sweetening effect to the food product. Experts are still carrying out research on the effects of this type of sweeteners on pregnant women and their babies during pregnancy. The category includes options like sucralose, aspartame, rebaudioside a or stevia and acesulfame potassium.
Which sweeteners are not safe to have during pregnancy?
Apart from certain sweeteners that you can have during this period, there are some that are a total no-go - these are saccharin and cyclamate. While insufficient data is available for the effect of cyclamate on pregnant women, several studies conducted in the past show the adverse effect of saccharin. Certain studies have revealed its effect on the bladder (it can lead to bladder cancer) as well as on fetal tissue and placenta. Contact with this form of sweeteners can cause the unborn or infants to develop muscle dysfunction and irritability. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am in relationship and physically active. But from last year I have a vaginal issues. I changed n num of gynecologists but with no result. Now I have warts problem. What should I do ? I already took a vaccine .
Hi, we have completed our 7 years of marriage. We have one baby girl, now planning for second. But my wife dose not have any interest in sex and all. I have tried all possible things but no use. Suggest if have any other thing except common like keeping her mood, make her happy in small things, like this. She doesn't like sex at all. What should I do to her to increase her interest in sex.
Hi, I am 20 years old female. Vegetarian. Does not drink milk. Under weight. Symptoms - weight loss Loss of appetite Excessive excretion after every meal Large liver Body weakness A few food like chilli cause indigestion. Initial diagnosis - ibs, irritation along stomach lining Treatment going on for 2 years with no improvement Gone through allopathy and Ayurveda and also homeopathy Permanent cough.
Hello please suggest the ways and food to reduce my breast size as I'm a mother of one month old baby girl and wen my breast wl gt back in shape. Thanks in advance.
Marriage life now 2 years completed . Both of us health is Good as per test (HSG, Semen) Both tubes are clear for. My Wife. Sperm count around 60millions for me. For me motility is little bit. Lower 15 instead 17. For that I'm taking tablets . What need to do for Improve the motility / Sperm counts ? Is that Homeopathy cures infertility? What is exact date of IC after period. How to identify ovulation day.
There are many essential oils that have positive effects on your skin, including lavender, ylang ylang, juniper, chamomile, neroli, jojoba, frankincense, rosehip seed and juniper berry, essential oils, among others. Offering a huge range of antioxidant, anti-aging, astringent, moisturizing, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating properties, each of these oils has a different composition of active ingredients, giving them a unique set of benefits for your skin!
List of best essential oils to stop acne and improve your skin:
- Frankincense oil – This ancient essential oil has numerous antioxidants that can improve skin elasticity, while also reducing the appearance of scars, stretch marks and blemishes. It can also stimulate the growth of new cells, speeding up the repair process for damaged or inflamed areas of skin.
- Jojoba oil – With high levels of vitamin e, vitamin b, copper and zinc, this essential oil is excellent for moisturizing the skin and stimulating healing. Vitamin e is a common ingredient in many different skin products, and functions as an antioxidant, removing signs of aging; such as wrinkles, blemishes and age spots, while also forming a natural layer of oil that locks in moisture.
- Tea tree oil–The antimicrobial and antibacterial nature of tea tree oil makes it an excellent essential oil for eliminating acne symptoms and improving the appearance of your body’s largest organ. A great deal of research has been done on the subject, and it shows that patients using tea tree oil have much lower occurrences of acne breakouts and the existing lesions from past acne breakouts can be notably reduced by using this powerful oil.
- Ylang ylang oil –To stimulate the growth of new cells, applying ylang ylang oil to irritated or inflamed skin is a quick and effective remedy. This oil is also excellent for combating acne, given its antibacterial nature, which can eliminate the bacteria that causes overproduction of sebum.
- Juniper oil –With an ability to detoxify the body and speed healing time for wounds and irritation, juniper oil is one of the best essential oils for your skin. Many people choose to apply juniper oil to bumps or uneven areas of their body, as well as patches of cellulite, as the active ingredients can clear out the toxins that cause those conditions.
- Clary sage oil –Acne may be caused by bacteria within the sebaceous glands, but it is also known as an inflammatory condition. As such, clary sage oil is an ideal remedy, given its high concentration of anti-inflammatory compounds, such as linalyl acetate. This essential oil can also control oil production, leaving your skin ph more balanced and giving a cleaner, healthier look.
- ￼Lavender oil: This popular essential oil tackles the problem of acne in a few different ways. First of all, lavender oil is known to reduce stress, and there is a proven connection between stress levels and acne on the face. Furthermore, lavender oil is packed with antioxidants and antiseptic properties, so it can quickly neutralize the bacteria causing your acne symptoms, preventing the excess sebum production and addressing the problem at the root.
- Rosehip seed oil: As a natural cleanser, few things are better than rosehip seed oil. Due to the high concentration of natural vitamin a, this oil can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, clear up blemishes and age spots, and stimulate collagen production and the growth of new cells. Furthermore, rosehip seed oil can tighten up the skin and improve elasticity, giving you a more youthful look.
- Juniper berry oil – Powerful antibacterial compounds found within this essential oil, namely alpha-pinene and beta-pinene, can quickly seek out and destroy the bacteria that is causing your acne symptoms. Known to eliminate skin infections very quickly, and reduce inflammation and redness, this oil should be on your shopping list if acne is a common issue you face.
- Sandalwood oil –Our skin is exposed to the natural elements and pollutants more than any other organ in the body, so the repair of skin cells is a constant process. Sandalwood oil can speed this process by stimulating the production of new skin cells, while also smoothing the surface of the skin and limiting signs of aging.
Essential oil for dry skin and skin tags:
While many of the oils outlined above can help with skin health, the following are specifically recommended for dry skin and skin tags. Dry skin can be caused by a number of things, including irritating clothing, harsh soaps or conditioners, certain medications, and as a side effect of other medical conditions. Skin tags, on the other hand, are small, soft skin growths that usually occur on the groin, armpits, eyelids, beneath breast folds, neck and upper chest. These tags are caused by collagen and blood vessels bunching up beneath another piece of thicker skin. They usually occur in a person’s middle ages, but they can develop earlier, primarily where skin rubs against skin.
- Myrrh oil – When the skin dries out, it can become cracked or chapped, which can cause painful irritation and open you up to infection. Not only can myrrh oil protect you from any infections or pathogens hat could enter the body through the skin, but it also helps to lock in moisture and prevent dehydration. It can also help to heal sun damage quickly, which can make your skin even drier.
- Orange oil – This essential oil is a natural moisturizing agent, meaning that it can prevent the body from losing excess moisture, while also delivering rejuvenating antioxidants and organic acids deep into the skin layers, protecting cell integrity and making it harder for your flesh to dry out.
- Grapeseed oil – High in antioxidants and capable of regulating the oil production of the skin, grapeseed oil is the perfect essential oil if you are constantly experiencing dry skin. By boosting the ability of the body to retain its moisture, while also providing a barrier to prevent excess moisture loss, this oil can keep your skin supple and soft, even as you age.
- Neroli oil – With powerful antioxidant and circulation-stimulating properties, neroli oil is great for eliminating skin tags and preventing them from returning. The flow of blood to the top layers of the skin can eliminate toxins and result in the growth of new cells, which helps to even out lumps and skin tags.
- Oregano oil – Boasting strong antibacterial and antioxidant properties, oregano oil can help heal skin tags within a few weeks of use. It will stimulate blood flow and promote detoxification, which can often cause the flesh to even out, thus reducing the appearance of unsightly tags.
- Sweet basil oil – With antiseptic, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, sweet basil oil has been directly linked to the reduction of these tags. If you regularly apply this oil to the skin tags, they will eventually fall off, or flatten out and disappear.