Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praphulatha Nerlekar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Praphulatha NerlekarYour feedback matters!
I am 43 years old, I am a diabetic since 10 yrs, 2 years back I was diagnosed with demyelination, i went for ayurvedic treatment since then, now since 6 months I feel weakness in my legs, I can not concentrate on anything,Please tell.
I am 28 years old. I have a psychological problem. I have been suffering from 10 years which I am going to explain, I don't it's a psychological disturbance or low self-confidence or a phobia. Actually I am from a very poor background family and I and our family very honest and kind hearted man. I always think that my life partner will be very honest with me and for all and also kind hearted. 12 years ago I saw 3 girls whom I liked from my side not their side. I always think about her that when I will Mary only with which type of girls. But gradually I can't controlled myself I only thin when I will get her. But she ignored me and she looked at me like very way. I got very hurt and disappointed. When I see that girls I get hurt everyday. And after that when I was thinking to sex with any girl except her and I got very much fear it means like they cannot meet or sex with other girls. When I am in alone see any girl thinking about sex with her unnecessarily fear come out on my mind and I become panic and fear. I think they only want to use my money and leave me because I understand that they are not good girls. I think if I marry to good, and honest girl whom with me at every sad and happy times the problem will be solved. But marriage is not my hand so please, help me with effective treatment to cure it because only I can understand what type of pain it is.
I have the habit of smoking first it was once or twice but now habituated to have after a meal how can I get rid of this please help me so.
I am 20 year old male. Whenever I start concentrating on any academy related topic in some deep. Then I feel ache on my brain. And it becomes difficult to concentrate further. What should I do.
I m having a serious hairfall problem. I m scared of washing my hairs because of hair fall. I m not able to concentrate on my studies because of the same reason. I had thick hairs. Now continuously I m loosing them from the tip of hair follicle. please help.
Failure to strike a healthy work-life balance can see your health going on the downswing. Several studies have time and again highlighted the fact that working too much can be bad for you. The major factor that is at play when you work too much is stress, which negatively impacts both your mental and physical well-being. A joint study conducted by Stanford university and Harvard business school has revealed that workplace stress can ruin your physical health by as much as 90%.
Read on to find out the ill-effects of all work and no play.
- Working overtime can increase your risk of developing cardiovascular problems by about 60%.
- While working too much can see your risk of experiencing a heart attack rise by about 13%, over 55 hours of work time every week can increase your chances of getting a stroke by about 33%.
- Consistently working overtime can lead you to face mental health problems.
- Over-working can cause your learning ability and memory power to fail as you don't get the required amount of rest time.
- Working for over 11 hours a day can increase your chances of suffering from depression.
- Working for over 40 hours a week can increase your risk of gaining weight, and indulging in alcohol and tobacco abuse.
- Working for over 50 hours a week can bring about a reduction in your sleep time to less than 6 hours a day, which can have an adverse impact on your work performance.
- Working non-stop in front of the computer can cause you to become prone to headaches and blurred vision.
Here's how you can prevent the negative effects of working too much from impacting your health:
- Take a short trip: Being physically away from your workplace and going on short vacations can help your health considerably as it reduces work-related stress to a great extent. It also helps in the rejuvenation of your mind and body, thereby improving your overall health.
- Meditate for a calmer self: Meditation is another helpful way in which you can cut down the harm that too much work can have on your body. Spend a few moments each day to de-stress and calm your agitated mind.
- Don't bring work home: Once you're at home, avoid the impulse of checking your phone or email for work. Furthermore, avoid bringing your smartphone with you to the dinner table and don't discuss work while eating.
- Go for regular checkups: Visiting a doctor regularly is another preventive measure that you need to take very seriously. Screening tests for stroke, heart disease or high blood pressure should be undertaken from time to time so as to prevent yourself from falling prey to such problems.
Despite your heavy workload, you still need to take out time for yourself. It is imperative that you do so in order to create a better work-life balance and consequently, a healthier self.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!