Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Praphulatha NerlekarYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old female. Actually I am depressed in so many ways. I didn't no how to get me out from all this sites please help me to recovering my problems.
I am 39 years old and has still not settled down in life. Tried many things and not successful. I feel very low and feel scared as to how would I feed my family.
24 years old. I having mind distraction. Depression. Ocd problem. Mind is not concentrate in any work except using mobile watching tv and sleeping. Not interested to talk anyone. Always feeling irritation and anxiety and anger in mind. Quarrelsome in nature. I cannot study and doing job. Please suggest how I will overcome from these type of problem. I consult many physciatraes and neurologist. Taking lots of medicine but it doest worked. Kindly suggest me the best. Hope in best.
Hi Doctor, My partner gets hyper immediately, reacts immediately, shouts a lot on every little mistake you do. Never talks in soft tone. What should a I do to help, is this normal or I am thinking tooo much.
I have lost one of my friend in last year frm dat time I'm very depressed nd not able to concentrate on anything not even family friends and college can you tell me the solution plzzzz.
Good morning Sir, My sister is pre-mature born, so she is not normal as kids, she face difficulties is learning thing, can not play well with her friends, not able to study properly. We are trying a lot to recover her, but maximum doctors just reply she need time. But now she is 8 year old and still facing problems in learning numbers and alphabets. I hope you will help us.
I am 19. I have been through breakup. And this pain is just killing me. Ok so the story here is. He left me and went back to his ex. He always does. Did he love me ever? No right? And will he be coming back?
Hi I am feeling very sad and I can't learn any thing. What should i do to increase my concentration.
There is no such thing as a ‘Perfect Parent’, so just be a real one. In spite of numerous manuals and books on parenting and child raising, parenting is still the toughest and fulfilling jobs in the world. Here are the best tips that can help you feel more prepared for the job:
1. Boost your Child’s Self-Esteem
Your tone of voice, body language and every expression are absorbed by your kids, so be a good role model for them. Praise their accomplishments even if it is simple or small and make them feel loved. Avoid any belittling statements and choose your words carefully. Be compassionate and supportive even if they make mistakes.
2. Be Involved
Rethink and re-arrange your priorities around you child’s life. It is important to spend quality time with them and listen to them. Set aside a day to go to the park and help them with their homework. Be involved in your child’s life and make time for your precious children.
3. Be Consistent with your Discipline
Set reasonable rules that help your child develop and grow with discipline, without being too strict or bossy. The rules should not instill fear, rather make them understand acceptable behavior and learn self-control. Communicate your rules and avoid overly harsh forms of punishments.
4. Be Flexible with your Parenting Style
There is no one definitive style that works in good parenting. As your child grows, so do you and your parenting style needs to be adaptive. What works with your child now, will not work well after 2 years down the lane. So, seize the right connection and be flexible according to your children’s needs.
Without proper communication, there is no relationship. Take the time to explain and reason with your children to help them understand about certain values and motives of doing things in life. Your words and actions will go a long way to help them learn essential things in a non-judgemental way. Lay down your expectations and invite your children to work along with you.
5. Cheer the Good Stuff
Parents always love to react negatively when kids do something wrong. But how many times have you actually caught them doing something good and appreciating them for the same? Make it a point to praise your children each and every day and reward them for being good.
6. Trust your Instincts
No one knows your children better than you. Follow your gut instincts and trust yourself to be a good parent. Make parenting an easy job and do what is right.
7. Give Respect and Take Respect
Never allow your children, to be rude to you and at the same time give them their due share of respect.
Every married couple undergoes relationship troubles, but these troubles should not linger for a long time otherwise you might end up facing dreadful consequences. If you want to save your married life by maintaining a smooth relation with your partner, then you have to look for the best solutions that can resolve marital issues.
How to manage marital relationships?
- Maintaining Trust: Since trust is the base of every relationship, therefore you should make special effort in maintaining the same. Unresolved issues should be resolved quickly and there should be transparent communication between the married couples. Some of the special qualities that should be maintained in order to maintain trust within a marital relationship in long run are being on time, consistency, being sensitive towards feelings, avoiding lies, sharing feelings, respecting partner's feelings, avoiding jealousy and others.
- Healthy Communication: If the problems remain unresolved, then more and more conflicts will be invited. Have open discussions and clear up your points so that confusions can be eliminated. If you make efforts in understanding the real causes, then only the problems can be resolved. You need to put yourself in the shoes of the partner and understand where the person is coming from. Most conflicts occur because we only see our view points and not that of others.
- Giving time to the relationship: You can maintain your marital relationship in a healthy state only by considering the married life as the prior issue. Keep your marriage above every other social thing and then only relationship can be made secured. Give time for repairing all dubs and defects of your relationship. In this case, you can also take the help of any expert counsellor. Spend some quality time with each other so that the warmth of your relationship can be maintained.
- Tackling monetary problems: Do not allow any conflict to come into your relationship just because of a pathetic financial condition. It is important for both the partners to put-in efforts in saving money so that monthly expenses can be kept under strict control. A perfect budget needs to be scheduled so that financial strength can be restored. If you are incapable of catering financial support, support your partner at least mentally so that he can come out of the financial trouble as soon as possible.
- Maintain a Happy Sexual Life: Create a proper schedule for lovemaking in order to maintain a healthy sex life. You should try to know the sexual needs of your partner so that you can fulfil the expectations.
In this fast-moving world, there is no room for self. Growth of IT firms and other long-hour demanding work has led to compromises in your lifestyle - long hours in front of computer, sleeplessness, late-night sleeping, quick bites, leaving us with emotions of anger, anxiety, stress and so on. This is a major reason why people today are hypertensive.
Diseases due to Hypertension: Tension and stress are the building blocks of numerous serious ailments like cardiovascular diseases, asthma, spondylitis (back pain) and grey hair. You may also suffer from gastritis leading to ulcer.
Natural ways to treat Hypertension : Ideally, tension and stress are not diseases. If you can control these, you can control the conditions that take root because of them. Naturopathic (or alternative medicine) treatments for tension and stress are most ideal.
Here are some natural ways to treat hypertension.
- Sleep well: An adult should sleep for a minimum of 7-8 hours daily. Your body cells rejuvenate while you are in a relaxed state. Many jobs demand late-night work or night shift work. However, your body is meant to sleep early at night. Instead of working late night, you can start your work early.
- Eat right: Stress leads to elevated levels of sugar in your body. Try to avoid sugary content food. Your body needs balanced diet of proteins, carbohydrates, less of fats, and more of vitamins and minerals. For proteins, eat fish, eggs or white meat. For vegetarians, you can have soy, cereals and protein drinks. Diet must include milk products like yoghurt, milk, vegetables rich in minerals and vitamins and roughage (salads).
- Destressing exercises: Nowadays, most of the jobs demand sitting for long hours. Physical activity is one of the ways to de-stress your body. A 45-minute walk would also help. Alternatively, yoga or tai-chi type marital art helps to de-stress. Breathing techniques involved in meditation also play a vital role.
- Anger management: Develop patience. That would automatically lead to anger management at your workplace as well as at home. Be a good listener. Laughter therapy also helps as it releases many happy hormones in the body.
- Supplement for stress: This has to be the last tip when you do not perform the first four. Multivitamins containing vitamin B and minerals such as magnesium are recommended. You can count on certain herbs such as Ashwaganda, Ginseng, Rhodiola and St. John's Wort.
Despite following these tips, you may still face problems because every human is different and reaction to every remedy could be different. In such cases, approach for expert advice.