Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Pranita Joshi DeshmukhYour feedback matters!
I am 28 year old boy and I have back pain from last 3 years try most of medicine and doctor but they did not work so please suggest me what I have do.
I have allergy for hot when i'm on hot way then my body there is some pimples growing up Eg like on my chest and my back So doctor what I have to do?
I'm a diabetic patient. My age is 30-Male. From few days I'm having pain in my right testis. Is there anything serious. I'm loosing my weight and muscles are loosing up.
Hi sir I have a problem in sexual life my wife is not that effectively take part in sex she do not take organ in mouth or come over pl help me to how to solve it and make my life happy.
M 18 a student weight 45kg height 5'6 I wana gain some weight, I tried weight gainers but it did not work for me?
Sir I have a problem in my throat (right side) while swallowing it seems that somebody pinches me in my throat. Should I consult a Dr. Plzz tell me any antibiotic for my problem.
Eating fish is important for a balanced diet, and mackerel fish are some of the most widely available and healthiest fish around. However, before you add mackerel to your weekly diet, it is important to know where they come from and what potential health benefits they hold, as well as possible side effects.
What is mackerel fish?
- Mackerel fish is actually a general term that encompasses more than 30 species of fish, most of which belong to the scombridae. In many parts of the world, mackerel fish are known as bangada. These fish are typically found near coastal areas, where they breed and feed, and their range includes both tropical and temperate regions. Mackerel fish are usually found in large schools, which makes them an easy target for commercial fishermen, making mackerel one of the most common fish on the menu, particularly in north america. Ranging from 20 cm to 200 cm, the varieties of mackerel fish have varying physical characteristics, but they offer similar flavor and a relatively aligned nutrient profile.
- Most notably, mackerel species are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, as well as huge levels of vitamin b12 (nearly 700% of your daily requirement), selenium, copper, phosphorus, magnesium, and iron. There are also smaller amounts of vitamin a, potassium, zinc and sodium. Along with 230 calories per filet – an average of 100 grams – there are also 21 grams of protein, representing roughly 40% of your daily required intake.
- Due to this impressive nutrient profile, and the different ways to prepare mackerel, it remains one of the most popular and readily consumed fish in the world.
Health benefits of mackerel fish
The health benefits of mackerel fish include improving hair health, protecting the skin, strengthening the immune system, lowering cholesterol levels, preventing chronic disease and boosting bone health, among others.
1. Skin care
With ample amounts of omega-3 fatty acids and selenium, mackerel fish can take care of all your skin care needs. These substances both act as antioxidants within the body, helping to reduce oxidative stress and the effects of free radicals, which are the natural byproducts of cellular metabolism. They can also help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and age spots and relieve certain inflammatory conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema.
2. Hair care
There are many nutrients that are critical to hair care, such as protein, iron, zinc, and omega-3 fatty acids, all of which are found in mackerel fish. A regular dose of these nutrients in your diet will help to improve the luster and look of your hair, while also strengthening the hair strands and reducing the effects of scalp conditions, such as dandruff.
3. Boost immunity
Despite having a low level of vitamin c, mackerel fish are still praised for their effects on the immune system. Coenzyme q10 is one of the unique elements in mackerel fish that is closely associated with preventing infections and strengthening the body’s defense against oxidative stress. Omega-3 fatty acids are also known to reduce inflammation, which can put unnecessary strain on the immune system.
￼4. Lower cholesterol levels
With an impressive level of omega-3 fatty acids, mackerel fish is known to improve cholesterol balance in the body by lowering ldl cholesterol and increasing hdl cholesterol levels. This will reduce the amount of cholesterol that is oxidized and deposited in the arteries as plaque, so this fish is known to lower your risk of atherosclerosis, heart attack, stroke and coronary heart disease.
5. Treat chronic disease
The antioxidant effects of mackerel fish are well studied, primarily due to the huge level of selenium – more than 80% of your daily requirement per serving. Selenium functionsas an antioxidant in the body, helping to prevent cellular mutation and chronic disease by neutralizing free radicals before they can damage tissues, cells, and organ systems.
6. Improve bone mineral density
There are varying ;levels of many minerals in mackerel fish, including copper, selenium, magnesium, manganese, calcium, and iron, all of which are linked in some way to bone density. By regularly consuming this fish variety, you can prevent the onset of osteoporosis, keeping you feeling youthful and strong as you age.
7. Improve cognition
The high levels of omega-3 fatty acids found in mackerel, particularly dha, mean an improved cognitive function and a lower risk of neurodegenerative disease. The anti-inflammatory properties of these compounds will reduce the plaque buildup that often precedes symptoms of alzheimer’s and parkinson’s disease.
8. Weight loss
Although mackerel fish do possess a high level of calories – nearly 250 per filet – they also provide a huge amount of protein, which can help to stimulate the metabolism. High-protein foods are also notoriously filling, which can help prevent overeating, keeping you within your calorie limitations for the day.
9. Control diabetes
Monounsaturated fatty acids, like those present in mackerel, have been linked in research to more regulation of blood sugar and insulin resistance in the body. This is anexcellent news for diabetics and those at high risk of diabetes, as it can keep your glucose levels in check, in addition to the many other health benefits of this fish.
I have an acne prone skin. I am presently using clindamycin during morning and salicylic acid gel at night on my face. My face is almost cleared. But there are many red marks .and the skin looks very dirty. Please suggest what to use to make skin glowing and marks/blemish free.
Can you guide me to reduce my weight. My breast is also hang nd big. There is a pain in the upper portion of my boobs. If I press there.
I feel hungry but I am unable to have food. I feel like vomiting almost all time. I am tired most of the time. Already I have hypothyroidism. I have food outside most of the time due to my work condition Please suggest. I visited local clinic h3 suggested me to take pantodac abroad and vitamin tabs.
Does hair grow again after treating as we have been treated for 1 1/2 years by Dr. Batra but no result inspite doing even stem cell so really wonder that can hair be grown again or its just trying by taking customer money without any result.
Recently I have done a general health test.in reports my Rheumatoid factor (ra test) is 65.25 IU/ml which is higher than normal. Please let me know what is it related to and what is the severity and precautions and medication to be taken. Also I have vitamin b12 and vitamin D deficiency. Thanks in advance.
I want to get slim but don't have the time to do exercise just because of that I have stomach pain most of the time.
My face skin is very dry. It looks very dull. Could you suggest any medicine for it. I am in depression no. Or plastic surgery is the better option?
Said mare muh main ulcer hote hai pair main be garnish rahti hair medicine Koi fark nail pda Koi medicine ?
Namaste, I am Dr. Surjeet Kaur Baba, practicing Ayurveda physician, cosmetologist, skin anesthetic trichologist and nutritionist. Today we will talk on lifestyle disorders and how we can handle it with Ayurveda. Our lifestyle has taken a lot of toll on our health giving rise to many diseases like diabetes, hypertension, obesity and also depression. So how can we make changes in our lifestyle to handle it. It is very simple.
- We need to incorporate more walk in our daily life, eat less or eat in a smaller plate.
- We need to include diet like seasonal vegetables and fruits, have whole meals, have whole grains in your meals.
- Let's incorporate yoga and pranayama.
- Try to take maximum walk during the day.
- Take the stairs in case if you are going to your office or your home.
- Meditation plays imporatnat role in the improvement but sounds difficult. It's very difficult to meditate if you just start on your own but Ayurveda has a way to do it. It helps you through shirodhara. A stream of warm oil flows on to the center of the forehead. It's also known as a third eye. This stimulates the pituitary gland and gives you a very blissful experience. You should experience it in order to understand.
- There are few medications available to help you in your weight loss. Medicines like Garcinia, Gogol, triphala, Nishod etc also help in losing weight and also helps in removing toxins from the body.
- Last but not the least you need to grab good amount of sleep. A minimum of six to eight hours of sleep is essential for a sound health.Friends don't forget, you need not sleep during day time as it is totally contraindicated in Ayurveda. One can also relax by taking a Birmingham treatment in an ear by clinic.
Let us incorporate the Ayurveda way of lifestyle for sound health. For more information please visit www.lybrate.com. Thank you.