Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pranav Sukale
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Pranav SukaleYour feedback matters!
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Doctor, my daughter, age 12 years, has vision powers in both eye since she was 6 years .Now last year when we went for her routine eye test .Her right eye power came -2.5 and left is -0.75 .Now after 1 year she is again complaining of blurred vision from right eye. I am really worried about her as her right eye power is continuously increasing and left eye power is consistent since 4 years .Pls advise.
I am suffering frm eye pain when seeing tv and mobile phones and bike travelling it got saviour so can you give any suggestion about my eye pain.
I have recently acquired a power of -0.5D in my right eye only. Should I go for glasses and if yes should I use it regularly? Any other suggestion if you may provide will be of immense help. I am male aged 26 yrs.
Hi I am having a medium sized lump under my lower eye lid from 3 weeks which is not hurting. I expected it to be gone naturally. But now to the side of the lump I am having a thin inflammation which cannot be noticed but it is paining in that region (which is not the actual lump region). Please suggest anything to reduce pain and inflammation before I consult.
I am suffering from gas formation but now I feel better but in some time my body temperature get increase due to this burning sensation takes place in my all body and my eye also burns and I feel not better at that time what I do to overcome from this give me sagation.
I have red eyes over 3 days What should I do? I have major problem it. I suffer from such type disease one time within 2 years.
Myth: Staring at a computer screen all day is bad for the eyes.
Fact: Using a computer does not damage your eyes. However, staring at a computer screen all day can contribute to eyestrain or tired eyes. People who stare at a computer screen for long periods tend not to blink as often as usual, which can cause the eyes to feel dry and uncomfortable. To help prevent eyestrain, adjust the lighting so it doesn't create a glare or harsh reflection on the screen, rest your eyes briefly every 20 minutes, and make a conscious effort to blink regularly so that your eyes stay well lubricated.