Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Pranav SukaleYour feedback matters!
Sir , I am experiencing blurred vision (right eye), is there any permanent solution to cure by using medicines without using glasses.
A month back I was having some problem in my eyes, dryness, itching a bit headache. Have consulted optomologist and was advised to take lotegate and ccs for one month. Have seen considerable improvement. Now its a month please advise should I continue or advise some regular drops which can be of daily use.
I would like to know the symptoms of red eyes and paining. The eyes goes red and start paining with water coming out continuously may I know why I am facing this problem and shall I take any eye drops for cure.
I am suffering from headache since last two days and my eyes are paining so much please help me from this problem.
LASIK or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a form of corrective surgery that help patients who are suffering from near sightedness (Myopia), far sightedness (Hypermetropia) and even astigmatism (cylindrical power in glasses). This procedure aims at correcting the shape of the cornea, which is the transparent layer that lines the front of the eye. Through this procedure, the cornea is reshaped so that the retina receives a focused light.
So what are the health tips for people going through a LASIK procedure? Here is our take:
Biggest advantage of LASIK is that it helps people to get rid of Glasses and contact lenses, which sometimes are cosmetically unacceptable and in some cases are visually disabling.
Best part of LASIK is that it is:
- Quick (total duration of surgery is hardly 5 minutes) and virtually painless.
- Has a high success rate ( success rate is 96%).
- Does not require bandages or stitches.
- Adjustments can be made years later to alter the vision as per growing impairment in the future and advancing years.
Minor side effects like dryness, glare and halos, if appear, subside with time.
Any person 18 yrs or older who fulfils the following criteria can undergo Lasik surgery
1. Stable refraction
2. Corneal thickness and topography should be in normal range
3. Dilated retinal examination should be normal
4. Adequately wet eyes
Note: One should abstain from wearing contact lens at least 2 weeks before the procedure.
Precaution after the Procedure:
Patient is likely to have some inflammation after the procedure and temporary dryness.
Use medicines as prescribed by the doctor
1. Avoid any type of eye makeup for at least 1 month after surgery
2. Avoid swimming or water sports for at least 2- 3 weeks after surgery
Going through a LASIK procedure is a matter of finding the right specialist and ensuring that you take all the precautions before the procedure. Also, it is important to look into your medical history and eyes in particular so as to avoid complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I have some eye problem. I was suffering since last four years. I went to doctor. He suggested me to wear spectacles. But my sight is increasing year by year. What are the preventive steps to decrease my sight.
MY eye side was very weak. Due to use very much use pc. please tell me some treatment to avoid this problem.
I have red eyes so I don't seen clearly at the day and night but I see clearly at the morning. So what can I do?
1) Ensure appropriate glasses or contact lens prescription which is also adequate for computer use.
2) For prolonged exposure, use glasses to help with contrast, glare, and eye strain when using a computer.
3) Adjust your computer such that your eyes are level with the top of the monitor. This allows you to look slightly down at the screen.
4) Avoid any glare on your computer from windows or lights. Use an anti-glare screen if required.
5) Choose a comfortable, supportive chair. Position it so that your feet are flat on the floor.
6) If your eyes feel dry, blink more often.
7) Every 20 minutes, rest your eyes by looking 20 feet away for 20 seconds. At least every 2 hours, get up and take a 15-minute break.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.