Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pramod Lokhande
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Pramod LokhandeYour feedback matters!
My bro is 23 years old and he has 1 knee pain since from 1 years he did all tests bone test all ok nerve test all ok muscle test all ok now we and even Doctors are unable to understand the pain cause and there is swelling also he can not even fold his leg properly since 5 months he is in medication still no effect all type of treatment has been performed please now you suggest us whats the problem?
I am 20 years old malw, I am sporty person. Especially I play cricket. But now my right hand paining whenever I throw ball its start paining and I can't play. Also if I left any weight for specific time its also start paning. The pain is at upper side of elbow of my hand.
Hi, I am 25 years old male and have backache for last 4 months. I have used pain relief cream for 15 days but have not any relief what should I do now.
My wife aged 64 had leftside stroke on 7th Jan,15. Got treated and recovered 75 to 80%. But she is hacing sholder pains. What is the remidy.
For the symptoms of muscle dystrophy (legs), urine urgency and control, constipation, weakness, Balance, Cilmbing and coming downstairs (Knees) to a 20 year female. need help.
The longest nerve in the body is the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve starts from the lower part of the spine, through your hip to the back of the leg. So when it is said sciatica, we refer to pain in this nerve. Since the nerve covers the spine, hip and leg, sciatic pain is felt in the areas through which it passes. The lower leg muscles and sensation in the legs, thighs and feet are controlled by this nerve.
Symptoms usually include:
- Pain that radiates from the lower back to the hip and to the leg
- Sharp, tingling, dull, constant or burning pain
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Sneezing or coughing increases pain
- Moving the leg gets difficult so usual activities like walking, sitting and standing become painful
Homeopathic remedies are easy and gentle on the body. Homeopathy aims to boost the body's immune system so it can fight all its weaknesses. The following remedies may prove to be useful:
- Ammonium Muriaticum: It is taken for chronic pain in the heel or for chronic backache or when straightening the knee gets difficult as hamstrings contract. It is also taken for limping.
- Bellis Perennis: In periosteum injuries, stiffness and deep aches in the spine Bellis Perennis is used. It is also used for tailbone injuries. It is also helpful for nerve pains during pregnancy.
- Calcarea Fluorica: If the vertebra degenerates after trauma to the spine, then Calcarea Fluorica can be useful.
- Cicuta: The worst back injuries with serious trauma and muscles spasms are treated with Cicuta.
- Hypericum: Hypericum is suggested for tailbone injuries, temporary paralysis, spinal concussions and for sharp pain that tingles and moves upwards.
- Rhus Tox: If after lifting weights, overexerting muscles and exposure to anything wet, you feel tearing and burning pain, then Rhus tox is beneficial. Cramps that get better after heat application, but get worse after exposed to the cold are also treated with Rhus tox.
- Ruta: Stiffness and pain from back injuries, twisting the wrong way and bruises are prescribed with Ruta. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am 20 years old I have so much uncomfortness in my body so that I cannot work I have a lot of pain in my back bone.
Hi Dr. I felt some pain in my anus yesterday while pushing myself for any action just like getting off from bed or going to stand whatever. Today the pain is not much as yesterday but I have been feeling as there is something heavy in anus. I tried to figure out any physical pain by touching but could not find any point. Please suggest if this is a normal issue or can lead to a serious one. Also suggest some prevention. Thanks.
A herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herinated Disc:
- An untreated case of herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herinated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of herniated disc or slip disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxers, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiskectomy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!