Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash PatwardhanYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, my dad has 50 years, he is an diabetic & bp patient recently we found my dad's one of the kidney in small in size but we don't know about its working or not and another one having 5 mm water babble and his serum 1.7 sugar 150 bp 90/110 so my dad getting problem was to-much sweetening and getting high temper & feeling very hungry so can you give best guidance to me.
Hi I am suffering an issue that I am feeling a little pain around my anus while pooping I just noticed its kind of sticky and cannot poop properly. I don't no what kind of problem am I facing now any remedies do I have to take to get rid of this.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
When I passing urine that time pain coming. And I looked that urine. It containing small white particles. What is that? Is a disease?
I am 22 yrs old and I feel light burning sensation in passing urine and urine color is yellow to dark yellow and I am having motions when I eat nonveg and this is happening from past 1 month. What should I do.
I have 3 visible lumps around my anus area. My research on the net tells me it is piles. But those lumps do not scratch nor does it pain. What is it then?
My mother is having a 18 mm gallstone. She is having pain and fever often. How to dissolve the stone without operation.
Please tell me any medicine weak parasympathetic nerve its cause semen leakage. Bladder dysfunction. Eyes blurred tinnitus. Please homeopathy. Any please.
What medicine should I take as My kidney has started to attack due to diabetes. diabetic also in control. Please suggest me.
I am a 43 years male I had urinal infection before 8 year, Now I am having problem of erection, if sometime get erection then it gets ejaculate within two minutes. Having problem of depression also please advise.
I am 18 years old male and I am suffering from very critical disease. Mostly during the time of sleeping I have seen night maids (dreams) of sex and at that time a few amount of urine was coming out and I don't have any control in it. I want overcome from this disease. So what can I do.
My husband is having a anal hole burning. It started just this morning after he did his daily morning motion .we haven't been indulged in any intercourse since a month except he did a oral sex with me though I hadn't did it with him. Is it serious? Please waiting for your reply.
A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure that patients of kidney disease go through in order to replace a non functioning kidney with a live one that is healthy and functions well. Other methods to treat this disease also include dialysis, which basically is an artificial way of doing what our kidneys are designed to do. When dialysis does not work, many doctors recommend a kidney transplant. A replacement or donated kidney can come from a living donor or a non-living donor. This new kidney will mostly work towards keeping the blood clean, which is a function that stops when the old and diseased kidneys fail.
So, here's a list of five essential facts that you need to keep in mind if you are looking at a kidney transplant:
- Donors: While there are living and non-living donors, the doctor will have to ensure that your donor is someone who has no medical history of complications, kidney disease or any other medical condition like diabetes or hypertension. Also, the donor would have to have two proper functioning kidneys. Further, one of the most important factors is the blood group. The blood group of the donor and the patient must match for the transplant to be possible.
- Procedure: During the surgery, the patient will be under general anesthesia. The surgeon will make an incision in the lower abdomen area and the blood vessels of the new kidney will be connected surgically with the vein and iliac artery of the patient. Thereafter, any excess fluid will be drained before wrapping up the surgery.
- Rejection: The patient's body may also reject the kidney. The immune system of the patient may mistake the new kidney as an attacking body and its natural defenses may work against it, which will lead to complications. For this, doctors usually prescribe immunosuppressant medicines that will help in preventing such an eventuality.
- Longevity: While a living donor's kidney may last longer, a non-living donor's kidney will not enjoy such a long life. In such cases, a second transplant can be conducted.
- Diet: After the transplant, the patient will be required to go through a number of measures like coughing to show that the lungs are clear, as well as administration of fluids and some amount of examination and dialysis. Also, the patient will have to have a special diet that includes raw fruits and vegetables, and plenty of non-fat dairy ingredients.
A kidney transplant is a major operation that can change your lifestyle in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.