Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prakash L Kothawale
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash L KothawaleYour feedback matters!
How can I increase blood flow to the genitals. Sure ring from sex drive and ed. The size of the organ and skin around the testis also seems shrinking. Pls help I am 43 years old have a son from my first marriage and I am supposed to get married again soon. Also when I have erection I seem to suffer from premature ejaculation.
Me and my GF had unprotected sex on 8 and 9th dec. She took unwanted 72 with in 6 hrs later on 9th dec. But she is experiencing a lot of stomach ache now. Can we provide her medicine and what are the chances of her getting pregnant. She had her periods on 21 NOV.
Uterine fibroids, also referred to as uterine myomas) are non-cancerous tumors that grow within the muscle tissue of the uterus. As many as 20% to 50% women between the age group of 18 to 40 suffer from the condition, but not all cases warrant treatment.
It may be as tiny as a coin or it may grow to the size of a watermelon, making people think the lady is 6/7 months pregnant! There may be one big fibroid or several small ones.
Though the exact causes are not known, family history and hormonal imbalances are said to be the main causes for the same.
Types of Uterine Fibroids
The four types are:
- Subserosal Uterine Fibroids: Develops outside the uterus and continues to grow.
- Intramural Uterine Fibroids: The most common type that lead to pregnancy like tummy. They develop within the uterus wall and continue to expand.
- Submucosal Uterine Fibroids: Because these develop within the uterus lining, they are most likely to be the cause of heavy flow during periods.
- Pedunculated Uterine Fibroids: These grow on the inner or outer side of a small stalk connecting to the uterus.
- An enlarged uterus is the most common symptom. It is often mistaken for general weight gain or pregnancy.
- Prolonged and painful menstrual cycle, that is many times irregular.
- Urinary incontinence and constant urge to urinate.
- Pelvic pressure.
- Pressure on the bowels leading to constipation.
- Pain during intercourse.
If you find out that you have fibroids during an examination or if you visit a doctor with any of these symptoms, they will most likely ask for an ultrasound or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) which will confirm the type of fibroid and the extent of your problem. Treatment includes non-invasive-focused ultrasound surgery.
Treatment with Homeopathy:
One of the best advantages of choosing Homeopathy is that it works without side effects. It addresses the issue rather than the symptom. A surgical procedure mentioned in general treatment does remove the fibroids but there is no guarantee that they won't grow back as the underlying issue of hormonal imbalance remains.
During a clinical study of the effects of Homeopathy on fibroids, 85% patients showed improvement and 48% people had complete fibroid removal.
Treatment: There are medicines in Homeopathy that can treat uterine fibroids, cervical fibroids and help maintain normal hormonal balance in females.
I am 48 years how to test myself at home whether I am pregnant or not. If yes how to remove and come out of it.
We are all possessive in nature, and we always cling on to things which are ours, be it our home, vehicle, clothes, furniture, jewelry or any other priced possession. While some of us might be okay to share somethings, others are absolutely clear that there is no room for sharing. The other extreme has people who believe that sharing is caring, and there could even be friends who are into sharing clothes and shoes. Whichever group you belong to, there are some things that should never be shared. The following is just a short list, but remember if there is anything that may affect personal hygiene, keep it to yourself.
- Toothbrush: The mouth is the dirtiest organ in the human body with billions of germs. The comforting news is that they are part of normal flora. Not all of them are harmful, and most are essential for normal functioning. So using another person’s brush can introduce a new set of bacteria that are not normal to your mouth. These could bring in infections like candida or tooth infections. So, avoid using or sharing another one’s brush.
- Undergarments: The undergarments are loaded with bacteria, which vary from body to body, depending on various factors including food habits, exercise, and living conditions. Also, these areas are prone to sweat and contain different sets of germs. Using another person’s underwear, even if washed, can spell danger and introduce new germs into your system.
- Soap bars: While some of us have the habit of rinsing someone else’s soap bar and using it, it is best avoided. Germs continue to reside on the soap bar and get shifted to your skin. Liquid soaps are still safer and can be shared, as it does not come in contact with anyone’s skin directly.
- Hair trimming equipment: Be it razors, blades, shaving sets, or hair trimmers, tweezers, or nose hair clippers, they are never to be shared. These come in close touch with the skin and are exposed to a lot more bacteria. In addition, no amount of cleaning can help get rid of the bacteria in the razors and the fine hair which stays back. The razor also could have traces of blood and body fluids (depending on the area of usage) and can even transmit HIV and hepatitis. Sharing hair trimming equipment should be avoided at all costs.
- Loofah: Like the soap, the loofah houses loads of bacteria, which can spread from one person to other, leading to bacterial infections. They never dry completely between the uses and provide a good environment for bacterial growth.
The general rule is if anything is wet by use and comes in contact with the body fluids, it is best to refrain from sharing it!
Hello Dr. To know weather I hav egg production or no what scanning hav to be done? As I'm not able to conceive. So I jus wanted to know wt scanning to be done so dat I can go for a scan n see wts wrong.
Drinking a cup of tea everyday as it helps in keeping the gums and teeth healthy as it contains high amounts of flouride and flavonoids which prevent harmful bacteria from sticking to the teeth.