Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prakash B. Katariya ( Laser Doctor)
Laser Hair Removal
Skin Diseases Treatment
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Skin Laser Treatment
Treatment of Sun Spots
Skin Rash Treatment
Alopecia Areata Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash B. Katariya ( Laser Doctor)Your feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Prakash B Katariya A Laser Doctor Laser Therapist For General Medicine to be very helpful. Very helpful thanks
Your skin is one of the most important organs of your body both healthwise and cosmetically. Dry skin is a common skin ailment that causes dry, itchy patches and leads to skin flaking off. This is characterised by the lack of water in the epidermis and can affect men and women equally. There is no single cause for dry skin.
- Harsh soaps: Soap is a must to keep your skin clean, but the right soap can make a big difference in the quality of your skin. Many soaps tend to rid the skin of moisture and natural oils leaving the skin dry and flaky. This also applies to many shampoos. Ideally, pick a fragrance free soap and shampoo that moisturises your skin and avoid products that are alcohol based. Also, do not use excessive soap while bathing and ensure that the soap is properly removed.
- Change in weather: Winter is the season for dry skin. Along with the temperature, humidity levels also drop in this season. This dehydrates the skin and leaves it dry. Increasing the temperature will not help in such cases as that will further dehydrate the skin. Instead, invest in a humidifier to increase the humidity levels indoors.
- Dehydration: Your skin needs water both internally and externally to stay hydrated. To have soft, supple skin, you should drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day. While this is easy in the summers when the heat makes you feel thirsty, it gets difficult in the monsoons and winters. Caffeinated drinks also soak up moisture and contribute to dehydration.
- Exposure to hot water and steam: Keeping the above points in mind, it might seem that a long steamy shower is a solution to dry skin but in reality, this can worsen the condition. While steam and hot water provide temporary relief, they make it easier for the natural oils in our skin to dry out. Hence, it is best to have a shower with lukewarm water and keep it as short as possible.
- Internal conditions: Internal factors such as genetics, medical conditions like thyroid and atopic dermatitis can also make your skin dry. Dry skin can also develop as a side effect to medication for high blood pressure, cholesterol, acne etc. Age also affects the quality of your skin. As you get older, your skin gets thinner and is more prone to drying up easily.
Aesthetic medicine is an umbrella term, which encompasses all sorts of specialities that mainly focus on the improvement of cosmetic appearance through different treatments. Improving skin laxity, removing scars, reducing wrinkles, mole spots, treatment of unwanted hair, treatment of skin discolouration etc. are a few such aesthetic treatments. One such aesthetic treatment is called platelet rich plasma (PRP), which is used to improve skin laxity and avoid wrinkle formation. PRP injection is a treatment for the skin.
Procedure of PRP
Blood is extracted from the patient, which is then immediately put into the centrifuge. After completion of centrifugation, the plasma and the red blood cells are separated and this plasma is used to extract the rich platelets. Finally, these platelets are injected into the fat skin layer, which would then cause improved collagen secretion and help in improving the health of the skin. The entire process takes about 45 minutes of time.
Numerous body and facial areas can be treated with the help of this treatment. Few such body parts may include the following:
- Orbital rim around eyes
- Crepey skin on the neck
- Cheeks and midface
- Back of hands etc.
Benefits of PRP
There are numerous benefits to this treatment. A few of them are listed below:
- Helps in skin rejuvenation and tissue regeneration
- Is entirely hygienic and non-allergic
- Eliminates the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases from other individuals, as the process includes using the blood of the client himself/herself
A lot of individuals ask about the time it takes for the rejuvenation phase. Well, the whole process takes about six weeks. However, the time span is also dependent upon the skin condition of the individuals. The skin that needs lesser work would obviously require lesser time to heal completely. Also, these treatments last about 18 months and yet again the lasting process may be dependent on how well the skin is being taken care of.
The platelet-rich plasma injections are widely used and have been proven to give amazing results. However, the safety of the procedure has not really been clinically studied yet. Cases of PRP injections going wrong rarely occur. However, further clinical studies are required to prove that this treatment is not only effective but is also super safe. Irrespective of any such factor, PRP is one of the most common aesthetic treatments used in the UK, Japan and Europe.
Doctors says, my mom is suffering from bppv. It's quite threatening for all of us. She cannot even sit for 5-10 min. It's her 3rd episode. She's taking cinnarizine, betahistine, pcm, cefixime, b-complex, and all. Can we have a permanent treatment? Currently she's suffering from one and it's very challenging for her. Improvement is very slow, it's been 6 days as of now. Please give some valuable inputs as of now how to treat this episode? Thanks in advance.
Safely avoiding most of the surgeries because-
(a) many surgeries are not needed at all. (b) or they are not really a better, safer and permanent solution to the health problem (c) society is not aware of new inventions as a viable, safer,& better option to surgeries
A) innovative medical treatments by laser & other lights:
I have been a pioneer (medical practitioner) of laser medicine in India. For the first time, in Indian history, I had collaboration with the russian federation, for propagating science of (photo medicine) laser medicine in India for global wellness.
I have done my research in (laser) medicine for my successful ph d thesis - after completing my post graduation in laser medicine in Russia
I have been using laser-
* to avoid various major surgeries on heart, spine, joints, etc
*to treat effectively seemingly incurable diseases
*to reverse pathology of many difficult & chronic medical problems
These innovations in laser medicine (laser therapy = healing therapeutic light as a medicine) & this new technology have great global potential because:
* laser medicine is the most modern medical technology for healing & absolutely new, unimaginable way to cure - heal –reverse; many medical problems with advantages
*it can cure many problems that are said to be incurable in many other systems of medicine. Moreover, it can avoid many major and expensive surgeries which are associated with some morbidity & mortality
* it is external non-invasive therapy, safer, less expensive, and still quickly effective
*it relies upon physics and photo-biology hence more exact & reliable. It treats only target tissues and spares all other non-target tissues
Please note: in very difficult cases I use laser therapy as a chief component of my invented pyanmed modality of treatment.
B) Innovations in designing of laser equipment:
I have invented few designs for the non-invasive simple inexpensive instrument to deliver laser therapy –for example
* laser therapy instrument “ healthy heart ” to avoid most of the angioplasty, CABG bypass surgery& other surgeries on the heart also used to reverse many heart diseases or even to prevent many heart diseases
* laser therapy instrument to avoid amputation of legs “ limb saver ” –great limb saving option for amputations that are advised for pad, non-healing wounds, varicose ulcers or diabetic foot (i have saved feet of few army officers from advised amputation)
My “innovative & novel laser therapy” as well as “innovative & novel laser instruments” have excellent global scope. Our country can export both these innovations to other countries as well as use them for our country, to make paradigm change in healthcare for the common man. It will have a major social impact on mankind globally.