Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash GovitrikarYour feedback matters!
My teeth are sensitive. I feel cold and warm. My gums are also in bad shape. I think it's paria please suggest me.
I am 63 years old. I do not where from the bad odor erupts around me, either through my mouth, or nose. I had sinus problems while I was young. After surgery in the nose, for some years the bad odor emission did vanish, but after certain period it has again started. I had recently got my dental treatment done for the cavities. Please guide me thoroughly.
I am suffering from dental cavities although I am using Doctor's prescribed toothpaste but it does not works properly. Can you give me any another workable suggestion to get rid from it?
Frequent mouth ulcer problem. Mostly pin like pain in tongue tip or corner end of tongue. What should I do?
Due to chewing of gutkha tobacco since 2 years my mouth is unable to open and lips became black. Please suggest.
I'm 23 years old. My tongue is remain white throughout whole day. My friends suggested me its oral thrush. What should I do?
The treatment to save and repair a badly infected or damaged tooth is known as Root Canal Treatment. The backbone of the procedure includes removal of the pulp which is the damaged region of the tooth, disinfecting and cleaning the pulp and finally sealing the area. The common problems that affect the pulp are a deep cavity, cracked tooth, pain or recurring dental treatment. The nerve of a tooth is not absolutely important for tooth’s functioning and health after it has emerged through the gums. Its only purpose is sensation – whether an item is hot or cold. It is not required for daily functioning.
Damage to the pulp or nerve tissue of a tooth can break it down and cause bacterial growth which in turn leads to an infection and an abscessed tooth. The abscess is a pocket that is filled with pus which is formed at the base of the roots of the tooth. Additionally, infection at the root canal can cause:
1. Loss of bone at the tip of the root.
2. Swelling that might spread to other areas of the face and body
A typical root canal treatment, which happens over a few office visits, involves the following steps:
1. X-Ray: In case you need root canal treatment, X-rays might be taken or previous X-rays could be checked in order to locate the area of decay.
2. Anaesthesia: Administration of local anaesthesia is administered to the infected tooth.
3. Pulpectomy: The diseased tooth is removed by making an opening at the area.
4. Filling: The opened roots are filled using gutta-percha material and sealed off using cement.
I am 21 years old female. I had white filling done on my right molar tooth. It already had a silver filling but since the walls broke off for support I got new filling done on 23/10/15. There was no pain until last night 24/10/15 it started aching and I had to wake up. It feels constantly throbbing and has become hyper sensitive to air and pressure. Should I get it refilled or its just healing?
My teeth are towards the outside and I want to correct them how do I go for a dental treatment. Please suggest.
My front teeth crown color not matching with other teeth. It is brighter than other teeth. I just can't laugh now. Please tell me a way to fix this.
Dear Sir, I am doing marketing job. I would like to inform you that I am facing the problem of bad breathing from my mouth and also my spit is smelling all the time. I don't know whats the problem in my mouth. Please tell me what I have to do?
Since 2 days I am suffering from ulcer. So please suggest me what to do? I am not able to eat anything. Its problem while talking also.
Dr. bad breath is long lasting problem after cleaning teeth solve problem. permanently. If it no then how.
Smile designing or smile makeover is the cosmetic process of improving the appearance of one’s smile. Since smile is the most commonly used way to communicate non-verbally, it is of utmost importance to have a winning smile that exudes confidence; this cosmetic procedure helps give you just that. Many people don’t have good smile, they might be too conscious about their teeth or worry about the fine lines on their faces. Smile designing helps one to alter their as per what they desire.
Techniques used by a cosmetic dentist to enhance or correct their patient’s smile:
1. Whitening: This procedure is used for people who have yellow or discolored teeth. The cosmetic dentist makes a chemical mixture containing peroxide and then the concoction is applied on the teeth for the discoloration to fade away. 2 to 3 sittings can give you satisfactory results.
2. Bonding: This procedure is performed on people who want to fix teeth that are broken or chipped. The dentist usually applies an acrylic material on the tooth that can be shaped and contoured to fit perfectly on the chipped tooth.
3. Enamel shaping: The dentist removes very little amount of enamel (tooth’s outer layer) to re-shape the tooth, if excess enamel makes the smile look uneven and odd.
4. Crowns and bridgework: This procedure replaces any missing tooth. Prosthetic tooth or teeth are made to help match your real teeth so that it doesn’t look superficial or out of place.
5. Gum contouring: You might also have uneven gums, which don’t complement your face and teeth. In such a case, gum contouring shapes your gums to help you achieve that perfect smile.
6. Veneers: The frontal portion of the teeth is fixed by applying a thin layer of porcelain like material on it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.