Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PrajapthaYour feedback matters!
After suffering from civere stomach pain and much bleeding - during menses - my wife has undergone sonographical test and in which fibroids have been found. Please advise me except operation is there any remedial way - opting tablets etc.
Im 29 yr married woman and I hv been suffering from genital herpes from last 9 yrs. My weight s 67 kg and 5.1 height. I had medicine tab acyclovir, cap amclox, tab btr, cap lymond applied acyclovir cream on genitals. I wants to know that this medicine I should get regularly or not?
I had sex with my boyfriend with protection, despite of which I'm late on my period by 5 days. Should be worried ?
My daughter promila is in the advanced stage of pregnancy. She has completed eight months. We are told food cord has circled twice on the neck of baby as a result we have to go through cesarean operation. Please suggest ways and means of this problem.
Hello sir / madam I have a question. If a girl has missed periods around 12 weeks / 3months. Please tell me the possible reasons and just help me out! and many thanks for your kind help.
I have been having wheezing for a year now, the inhalers are only giving me a short period relief. Is there any other medication/procedure I could try?
Hi, im 39 years old single women. Having irregular periods for last two months. Instead of 28 days cycle it has gone upto 45 days. Had my bood tests done I had tested for CBC, FH, AMH n thyroid. Other than being anaemic other reports are normal n there is no sign of hormonal imbalance. I was told by doctors that its sign of peri-menopause. I had my periods after 47 days on 14 Nov. But it started again since 21 Nov its still going on. Please let me know whats the reason for irregular periods n solution also.
It has been since 4 days I had asked a question about irregular periods. But none responded. Irregular periods are cannot be solved with the doctors?
We are bombarded with advertisements of how 'good mothers' never fail to have their children use antibacterial soap as a habit. But does it really work? There have been several reports of potentially harmful ingredients being used in these antibacterial soaps and yet their sale continues unhindered. Let's dive in to get the dope behind these soaps.
What are antibacterial soaps?
A drug called 'triclosan' was originally used strictly in hospital environments. In the 1990s the commercial manufacture of antibacterial soaps started with this ingredient in its center and fear mongering and advertisements pushed this into a whooping $1 billion industry. There is murky data on the FDA approval on triclosan usage and guidelines which are leaving us only with information the manufacturers propagate about it. But with enough information out there on the internet, should you wait for manufacturers to prove its effectiveness or make a judgment call? Here are a few facts to help:
1. It is as effective as conventional soap: There are countless studies and researches done in the last four decades that proves that antibacterial soaps are not more effective than regular soaps and the added triclosan doesn't proved any special health benefits. These tests measure the amount of bacteria in one's hand before and after usage. But the real question is do antibacterial soaps reduce infection rates and the answer to that question is yet to be proven.
2. It has the potential to create antibiotic-resistant bacteria: The main benefit of using these products is its bacteria resistant formula. With frequent usage, some bacteria gain resistance to the chemicals. Eventually, while the soap kills off regular bacteria, the resistant bacteria can spiral into a local or global threat.
3. It can disrupt endocrine functions: Triclosan closely resembles the thyroid hormone and can bid to its receptor sites. This can lead to many problems like infertility, artificially-advanced early puberty, obesity, and cancer. This problem has been found during animal testing and yet not proven for humans. With so much threat on the loose, would it matter how effective or ineffective the antibacterial soap is against bacteria?
4. It can lead to problems in children: At a growing age, children are developing their immune system and natural resistance to diseases. Prolonged exposure to antibacterial soap can result in reduced exposure to bacteria which prevention the proper development of the child's immune system.
5. It is bad for the environment too: The more triclosan we use, the more gets flushed down the drain. The problem arises because triclosan isn't fully treated at sewage treatment plans and enters water bodies where it disrupts algae's ability to perform photosynthesis. The spin ball effect reaches all sea animals and plants and eventually comes back to attack us in ways we are yet to find out.
The solution to this problem is to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that is effective on both bacteria and viruses. If you are wondering how you can add bacteria resistance to your family without any added harm, consult a doctor today.