Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep Kawale
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep KawaleYour feedback matters!
I often get mouth ulcers. Its very painful can't able to eat anything n so m irritated really wanna get rid of it. Pls help.
I am nineteen years old. During brushing blood is coming between my teeth due to this I can not brush for long time. Can you please suggest a solution?
I am 28 year old male and facing problem of sensitivity in my teeth. I have already taken root canal of the same tooth around 3 months back. Please suggest me any medicine or toothpaste to medicate.
An immune system disorder distinguished by dry mouth and dry eyes is known as Sjogren’s Syndrome. It can also cause dryness in places that require moisture, such as throat, nose and skin. Sjogren’s syndrome is often linked to other diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus (disease in which the immune system destroys its own tissues and causes inflammations). Sjogren’s syndrome normally affects people over the age of 40, and it mostly affects women.
Sjogren’s syndrome has mainly two symptoms, and they include:
- Dry eyes: You feel like there is sand in your eyes as it burns and itches
- Dry mouth: You have difficulty speaking or swallowing
Sometimes, you might experience other symptoms as well, such as:
- Joint pain, stiffness and swelling
- Inflamed salivary glands
- Dry skin or skin rashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Continuous dry coughs
- Sustained fatigue
The exact cause of Sjogren’s syndrome is not known, but research strongly suggests that the autoimmune disease could be caused by genetic factors; especially if the illness has been found in more than one member of the family. Also, families with members suffering from type I diabetes, lupus and autoimmune thyroid disease can cause one or more members of the family to develop Sjogren’s syndrome.
The complications of Sjogren’s syndrome include:
- Dental cavities: Saliva protects the teeth from harmful bacteria that cause cavities. Since your mouth is dry, you become more susceptible to develop cavities.
- Yeast infections: Oral thrush, an oral yeast infection, is likely to develop if you have Sjogren’s syndrome.
- Vision problems: Dry eyes can cause corneal ulcers, sensitivity and blurred vision.
- Problems in the lungs, liver or kidneys: Inflammations can lead to bronchitis or pneumonia in your lungs; may cause cirrhosis or hepatitis C in your liver; and may lead to kidney malfunctions.
- Lymphoma: Some people with Sjogren’s syndrome might develop lymphoma, or lymph node cancer.
Peripheral neuropathy: Another complication of this illness is peripheral neuropathy, which is a tingling, burning and numbness sensation felt in your feet and hands.
Sjogren’s syndrome is either treated with drugs, or with surgery. Doctors may prescribe drugs to increase the production of saliva and to treat inflammations. Alternatively, surgery is done to either seal the tear ducts or insert silicon or collagen plugs to close the ducts temporarily. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.