Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prachi Chikane
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prachi ChikaneYour feedback matters!
I am in my 9th month of pregnancy. I am suffering cold lightly so please give me suggestion for home remedies.
A migraine is one of the worst form of headache. It is reported that over 90 percent of people who suffers from a migraine are unable to work. The intense pain totally makes them vulnerable. A mammoth 113 million workdays are wasted globally due to this problem. This being said, if the pain is slowly starting to set in, it is possible to manage it at the workspace.
Here is a convenient guide to do just that:
1. Pain Medication: If you are a migraine patient, it is likely that you have your migraine medication with you. The first step is to try the medication. If on the other hand, the medication is not available basic painkillers can be given a shot to manage the pain. Basic pain medications, such as ibuprofen are easily available over the counter and are capable of providing temporary relief.
2. Educate co-workers: Despite awareness about migraine pain, many organisations continue to turn a deaf ear about the problem. Instead of fighting with the whole organisations, it makes sense to educate your immediate colleague about a migraine. All you require is 1-2 people who have your back.
3. Control the environment: With the onset of the pain, it becomes more and more difficult to resume work. Few environmental changes such as adjusting the monitor to the eye level, using a sachet of odour neutralizer and switching off the nearest light will help you to manage the pain for few hours.
4. Staying hydrated: Migraine tends to increase multifold if the body is not hydrated. It is, therefore, essential to drink as much water as you can. Apart from water few other drinks such as lime juice and green tea can be of great assistance to hold the pain back for quite some time.
5. Small snacks: Although eating during a migraine can be tough because of the buzzing pain it is a good idea to have small snacks throughout the working hours. An empty stomach creates acidity and further aggravates the pain. Small time snacks such cookies and chocolate bar can come really handy at this time.
6. Get enough air: A centralised workplace can be claustrophobic and intensify the pain for many. Get out of the workspace to get some fresh air. A sudden gush of oxygen can be a welcome relief from the monotonous and crowded office floor.
7. Apply water on the skull: While this might sound like a crazy idea, applying a small amount of water in the middle of the skull can give temporary relief from the throbbing effect of a migraine. If ice is available in the office pantry, make no hesitation in applying it on the migraine side of the forehead. Ice is capable of spreading a cooling effect throughout the forehead and the skull.
Hi I am 28 year old girl and have irregular periods problem due to this I am gaining wait. Please suggest me.
Hi I am recently been diagnosed with Diabetes from the HBa1c value 8.22,doctor has prescribed Januvia 50 mg and Metamorhin 500 mg, would like to know can I take these tablets? I usually avoid tablets, Can I take only one out of these which is metamorphin which is cheaper, Current prescription is to take Januvia 50 mg in early morning half an hour before breakfast and Metamorphin to be taken at night after finishing the dinner I would like to change the schedule to Metamorphin in the morning half an hour before breakfast thats it, I do not want any other medicine apart from it, I am Fitness freak and I take care of my diet with millets recently I had stopped medicine for 15 day the symptom I had is frequent urination, then I consulted a Junior doctor who suggested for a fbs and ppbs test in which the result was fbs 97 and ppbs 193, based on which junior doctor suggested to take metamorphin tablet alone in the morning then no further tablets in day can you help me here which schedule to follow, appreciate your response as I need a super expert advice on this Kindly help me.
My neck portion is very dark I mean very black as compare to my face or chest portion. What should I do?
Has your skin become dry or itchy? Has it darkened or reddened after contact with a foreign material or substance? These symptoms may indicate allergic contact dermatitis (ACD), a skin condition which is caused by an allergic reaction of the skin after coming in contact with an external material. The condition usually arises after some time of the skin coming in contact with the material.
ACD is commonly caused due to skin contact with nickel or silver jewellery, latex gloves, several chemicals present in cosmetics, perfumes and poison oak. After being exposed to a foreign substance, the body releases inflammatory chemicals, which lead to irritation and itching on the skin. The skin may become scaly, flaky, appear leathery and sometimes even blisters may develop.
There are several ways to treat ACD. They are as follows:
- Avoiding the cause: Identification and avoidance of the allergens and irritants which cause ACD is the first step of treatment. By avoiding these allergens or reducing your exposure to them, the symptoms can be reduced.
- Emollients: Emollients offer a form of moisturizing treatment and are directly applied to the skin for reduction of water loss. A protective film covers the skin. They improve the dry and scaly skin and form a protective barrier against the allergen.
- Topical corticosteroids: In case your skin is severely red, inflamed or sore, a topical corticosteroid can be applied to your skin directly. This helps in reducing the inflammation quickly. Topical corticosteroids are of different strengths and the dosage to be used depends upon the severity and location of ACD.
You may be instructed to use a strong topical corticosteroid in case of intense ACD. When the condition is less severe, a milder potency of corticosteroid should be used. For treating contact dermatitis on the face, genitals or in the crease of the joints, a weaker dosage is used, whereas for treating it on the soles of your feet and the palms, a stronger dosage is required. Major cases of ACD go away on their own. However, when the condition is severe and the rashes develop near the eyes or mouth or increase in extent, you should consult a dermatologist right away for proper and timely treatment.