Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabhune Manjusha
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhune ManjushaYour feedback matters!
I had itching, swelling and redness problem in vagina. I used flyover on. Vagina ,the swelling and redness problem is more but sometimes I feel itching and the discharge from vagina is different (yellowish. What should I use to get these two problems solved?
While the decision to breastfeed or not to is a personal one, however, it is known to have a number of benefits for both the baby and the mother. Ideally, a newborn baby should be fed only mother’s milk for the first six months of his or her life. This not only provides a nutritious diet for the infant, but it can also protect the baby from a number of diseases that could affect them now and in the years to come.
Here are a few reasons a mother should breastfeed her baby
- Well balanced nutrition: Mother’s milk is better than any form of infant formula. This is because it contains the perfect mix of vitamins, proteins and fats essential for your baby’s growth. Also, these nutrients are made available to the baby is easy to digest form which increases the amount of nutrition absorbed by the baby’s body. By breastfeeding a baby, the chances of them being overweight in their later years is also reduced.
- Immunity booster: Along with nutrients breast milk is also rich in antibodies that protect your baby against viral and bacterial infections. Breastfeeding a baby reduces their risk of suffering from asthma and other allergies in future and also reduces the frequency of ear infections, respiratory diseases and diarrhea.
- Better bonding: When a baby is being breastfed it is held close to the mother’s body and skin to skin contact is established. This benefits both the baby and the mother and helps build a strong bond between them. For the baby, this skin to skin contact builds a sense of security and for the mother, breastfeeding the baby can help deal with postpartum depression and make her feel connected to the baby.
- Helps the mother recover: Breastfeeding helps the mother get her body back to its pre-pregnancy condition faster. This is because breastfeeding burns calories and hence helps the mother lose pregnancy weight faster. It also triggers the release of hormones such as oxytocin which reduce uterine bleeding after delivery and help the uterus get back to its original size.
When breastfeeding a baby it is important to recognize when the baby is hungry and feed him or her before they start crying. Typically an infant should feed on each breast for 10-20 minutes at a stretch. It is also important to be patient and comfortable while breastfeeding so as to allow milk to flow evenly and to prevent fatigue.
When I ejaculate in my wife all liquid come out from vagina. Is it normal? Or my semen is not going inside and it will create problem in conceiving? I am worried. please help.
I had unprotected sex with my bf for 6 times in 6 months. Now I am having a pain in vagina walls and even having a sharp pain during urination and is having frequent urination but small amounts of urine with pain n sensation plus itching. I am also having vaginal discharge more than normal. Is it a bacteria or yeast infection? Or do I have to test for STD. Because I can see the symptoms same as UTI or Yeast infection or STD. Can you please suggest me is it severe?
My pregnancy got confirmed ,its not just even one month. I wanted to participate in 21 KM marathon. Physically I am Strong. Is it good for me to take a marathon in next month. Then it might be second month of carrying for me. Please suggest .any effects for baby would be occurred?
Its 7 months after my delivery. Will past natal belt work for reducing tummy now? Mine was a c section delivery.
The Tulsi plant or holy Tulsi has been an intrinsic part of Indian history. It runs so deep within the realm of our understanding and profession of Hinduism or of an overly eastern way of life, that you use it as a metaphor for sanctity. Most Hindu households, both rural and urban, worship this plant. The benefits of this herb have had the support of a huge mass of people who would not have settled for anything other than a scientific approval of their faith; the humor in this statement eludes most proving every bit of truth in it. Indeed, this healthy herb has been found to be helpful in more than a couple of ways and has thus, transcended the limits of domestic and cultural identities.
See for yourself how healthy is Tulsi:
- Fight off cancer with Tulsi leaves: Tulsi plant is widely sought after for its anti-carcinogenic properties. It is also known to counter bacteria and other viral infections. One may even use its leaves as an antibiotic. Regular consumption of its leaves on an empty stomach can rid you of recurrent problems like fever or cough and cold.
- Pamper your skin with a touch of health: Tulsi is known to detoxify and cleanse the human body. Most skin disorders arise due to underlying skin infections. These infections are usually the result of toxins. Applying a Tulsi pack or drinking herbal teas can therefore be effective.
- Say goodbye to crushing digestive problems: Tulsi can build up your immunity against common conditions like diarrhea or dysentery. People suffering from slow bowel movement have also gained from this herb. It propels good digestion.
- A big threat to mosquito borne diseases: Treatment of Malaria and dengue incurs thousands. Using Tulsi as a preventive herb can be of significant help. Tulsi is also known to cure hepatitis and tuberculosis.
- Bathe in Tulsi water to remedy rashes: Adding Tulsi leaves to your bathing water successfully deals with germs and bacteria. You can easily tackle itchy skin, rashes, and boils with this simple tip.
There are a number of contraceptives available but which method of birth control suits you depends on your sexual life, preferences and your lifestyle as a whole. Professional medical help should be sought in order to understand what method of contraception sis ideal for you.
Here is a list of 4 types of contraceptives for birth control:
1. Barrier methods - Barrier methods are designed to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. They constitute-
- Diaphragms: It is a shallow and flexible cup that is made of either latex or soft rubber. It is inserted into the vagina before the sexual intercourse where it prevents the sperm from entering the uterus.
- Cervical caps: It is a thin cup of silicone whose function is same as the diaphragm, only it is smaller in size, so less noticeable and more rigid as well.
- Contraceptive sponges: These are soft foam sponges that are filled with spermicide and are disposable. They are also inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse in order to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm cells or preventing them from entering the vagina.
- Spermicides: These are chemicals that can kill the sperm and hence assist in birth control.
Other methods include male condoms and female condoms.
2. Hormonal methods - Hormonal methods use hormones in order to either stop or regulate ovulation so as to prevent pregnancy. There are various methods through which hormones can be injected into the body. Some of them are-
- Contraceptive patch: It is a thin patch made of plastic that sticks to the skin and is responsible for releasing hormones into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Vaginal rings: A thin, flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina where it stays for 3 weeks and is removed after that, only to be re-inserted in the 5th week.
- Implantable rods: They are inserted under the skin of the upper arm of women where they release progestin.
Other methods include contraceptive pills and progestin-only pills.
3. Intrauterine methods of contraception - The intrauterine device is a small device, T-shaped that is inserted into the uterus in order to prevent pregnancy. The good thing about intrauterine devices is that they can remain functioning for many years at a stretch. IUDs are two types-
- Hormonal IUD(Intrauterine Device)
- Copper IUD
Sterilization is the most reliable contraceptive for birth control as it is permanent. It either prevents the release of sperm or the fertilization of the egg. Sterilization methods can either be surgical or non-surgical. Some of the sterilization techniques are-
- Tubal ligation: It is the surgical technique used in females.
- Vasectomy: It is the surgical technique of male contraception.
Other methods include sterilization implants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My wife had internal bleeding due to injury in her vagina. Dr. Said it was not because of the injury. I'm confused. Dr. Also said she is having structure abnormality, which I understood is her narrow vagina. Her vagina is just 2 inches deep. There was complete blockage at the depth of about 2 inches. We tried to insert further and it was broken. The blood ghuses out profusely as if water filled balloon was burst. Will this hinder getting pregnant? she underwent ultra sound check and found her wombs were normal. Please help me!
Sir/mam main ek married ladki hu. Meri shadi 14 may huyi thi. & usi din meri period start huyi. 16 may meri 3 days thi. But 5.30am k aas paas sex ho gayi thi. Us k baad period 2 din huyi thi. Uske doran sex v huyi thi. But 2 month ho gayi hain period start ni huyi. Iske pehele 2-4 din late hoti thi par har month period hoti thi. Main ne urine test v ki but negative aayi hain. Doctor ko v dikhayi hu bol rahe hain k har week ek bar test karo. Main khane thik se kha ni pa rahi. & chakkar or vomiting aa rahi hain. Par vomiting main shrif namak pani jesa nikal raha hain. Pet k right side main kavi kavi something kuch mehesus hota hain jab kam karti hu ya bohot chalti hu to. Vuk lagti hain bohot. Toilet ja rahi hu bar bar. Din main 8-9 times. Or do din pehele hum ne sex ki thi to vegena main cir cir jesa lagraha hain. Or dard v ho raha tha. Uske pehele hum 15 din tak sex ni ki thi. Mujhe huya kya hain. Tension ho rahi hain. Please kuch batayiye.
Are you suffering from chronic pain, numbness or tingling in the hand and arms? It may be symptoms of Cubital Tunnel Syndrome:
CUBITAL TUNNEL SYNDROME
Cubital tunnel syndrome cause severe pain, numbness, tingling, and muscle weakness in the hand and arm.
Causes and Symptoms:
Cubital tunnel syndrome is also known as ulnar neuropathy .It is caused by increased pressure on the ulnar nerve, which passes close to the skin surface around elbow.
Factors which predisposes to the development of cubital tunnel syndrome are:
•Repeatedly leaning on your elbow, especially on a hard surface.
•Prolonged bending of elbow for sustained periods, such as while talking on a cell phone or sleeping with your hand crooked under your pillow.
•Abnormal bone growth in the elbow
•Intense physical activity that increases pressure on the ulnar nerve.
In most cases, cubital tunnel syndrome can be managed with conservative treatment. But in severe cases surgery may be required to reduce pressure on the affected nerve.