Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam SonigraYour feedback matters!
I am 31 year old boy, I have severe knee pain & back pain. Joined gym recently. Can't do all the exercises, please advice?
My name is ashish partani and I have pain in my backbone very much so please suggest me your treatment.
I am 22years old female and have pain I have pain in my knees after a accident and the pain is for last 5 months. What should I do?
I am a house wife of 63 years old. On 27/10/2017 or last Friday I have gone to nedumbasseri airport from Kottayam which is my hometown, around 6 hrs journey to and fro by car. The road was full of curving and the condition of the road was very bad. When I came back home I felt so tired and my left leg from hip to feet started paining. Our Sr. Dr. Doctor has prescribed Medicam DT and Striving 20. However, even after having these medicines for 4 days, I have no much improvement in pain. Only hip pain is gone. But from thigh to feet is still as it is. Today the same doctor told me to start GABANEURON NT twice daily for 3 days. I am a diabetic and under control. One thing I forgot to tell you that before one week of this pain I had to stand in the kitchen to cook for my children they came here for a week of leave. We gussed may be this and the airport traveling are the reason to build up this pain. Now, please tell me doctor GABANEURON NT is the right medicine or not? No side effect. With some medicines, I have allergy.
A bone fracture occurs when a strong external force is applied on the bones causing it to break. It is an extremely painful condition that results in days of immobility and rest.
There are several reasons which can result in bone fracture, some of them being:
- Injuries caused in sports: Any sport requires and demands extreme physical exertion and participation. Being involved in any sport therefore automatically increases your risk of incurring injuries. Bone ractures therefore are mostly reported during sports.
- Osteoporosis: Due to the deficiency of calcium, the bones of both men and women tend to get weak and more susceptible to fracture and breakage. It is one of the primary causes that lead to bone fracture.
- Osteomalacia: This also refers to a condition wherein the bones become weak and brittle. Much like osteoporosis, osteomalacia too significantly contributes to instances of bone fractures.
- Osteosarcoma: This is a rare form of bone cancer that most often develops either near the femur or near the shinbone. An instance of this form of bone cancer is most often found in children and weakens the bone, consequently leading to fractures.
Though there may be different causes of broken fractures, its symptoms remain similar. Some of them are:
- Swelling: One of the most common symptoms of bone fracture is perceptible swelling. If any of your bone is fractured, that particular part will be visibly swollen.
- Deformity: Bones give your body the shape it has, thereby, any fracture anywhere would inevitably manifest itself as a clear deformity of that particular part.
- Extreme pain: It goes without saying that a bone fracture would entail excruciating and extreme pain. This pain sharply increases with mobility thereby necessitating complete rest.
- Temporary loss of function: The part of the body where the bone is broken temporarily becomes dysfunctional. For instance, if the bone in your hand is broken, you will find it extremely difficult to move and do any work with it.