Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam JoshiYour feedback matters!
My question is like what we have to do if I get blood in my gums and teeth and also they smell bad because of the blood. Even I couldn't eat apple, banana etc, so, please suggest me a good solution for this. I really want that my gums get healthy and also not smelly as fast as possible. It would pleasure if you suggest me any suitable option for all this regards
Losing a tooth to infection (decay) or trauma can be a painful experience. Imagine that you are in a dental chair and just got a new tooth or a bridge fitted. It is a joyous experience, almost like a new found lease of life, to be able to eat better and look better. However, even after a few days to a week, you realize that the new crown is just not settling down completely. There is a constant sensitivity that exists and is not allowing you to enjoy the new tooth.
There are various reasons that the new crown can be sensitive, some of them including:
- A high point: On the new crown, there could be small points that do not allow for a bite as earlier. This can lead to sensitivity and minor jaw discomfort.
- Improper fit with exposed dentin: This can happen at the neck area, where the crown is not fitting the tooth, leaving a small part of dentin exposed. This can lead to sensitivity once the crown is fixed in.
- Other decayed teeth: If there is a decayed tooth adjacent to the crown, it could be confusing and sometimes difficult to pinpoint the exact area.
If it persists for more than a week, check with your dentist on the following:
- Severity of decay: The extent of decay in the first place should be considered, especially if you have had crown as a result of extensive tooth decay. If it was involving a large portion of the dentin, the changes of having sensitivity are high, even after a crown placement. In these cases, there could be silent abscess, which may never manifest as symptoms, but can cause a gnawing sensitivity issue with each bite.
- Area of decay: Root caries and cervical caries are more prone to have sensitivity compared to the crown of the tooth. The enamel layer in these areas is thin and the chances of dentinal involvement is high. The rate at which the decay will reach the pulp and cause pain is also higher.
- Type of dental treatment: If extensive metal work is done, the sensitivity might last longer than a week, which is the norm.
- Triggering factors: Make a note of what triggers the sensitivity, hot, cold or sweets.
- Management: As mentioned, expect the sensitivity with your new crown to last for up to a week. In some cases, it may be longer, depending on, as noted above, the severity of the original decay, the area, triggers, etc.
While some cases may be managed with a small trim of the crown, some may need the crown to be re-fitted, and some may even require re-treating the tooth completely.
Sir, I want to ask u that how many types of tooth are available in market and what are the price of these tooth?
Hello doctors , I have bad mouth ulcers, severe pain, its keeps coming to me , I as using b complex tablet, having milk , applying dologel ,but no much improvement, some doctors Suggested me the following tablets and Gell Need to know which is more effective and more good 1) Folvite MB 2) HEXIGEL TUBE 3) ZINCOVIT TABLETS (VIT B12) 4) MUCOPAIN GEL 5) kenacort gel Of this which is more effective , I want to get rid of it permanently, Also if any tablet the let me know when should I have before food or after food and also let me know what all time I should have , (morning , noon and night ) please confirm me all this urgent. Please help.
Hello doctor i want to know how can my teeths are milky white from yellow and what are the expenses ?
1- improper oral hygien
3- food substance like garlic, onion
4-clean your tongue properly.