Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam DevadigaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from throat infection and un easiness . I am suffering from indigestion and cough . So pls suggest what to do.
I am 26 years old. I have throat problem last two months. I taken lot of treatment. But it was not cured. What can I do now?
I am unable to hear properly with my ears. Listening music with high volume for long time. What is the actual cause of hearing problem doctor. Please suggest me guidelines.
My sinus is not improving and I am taking montair lc for 1 month, I also take hot vapours and solving spray. What should I do now? I want suggestion from allopathy doctors.
Hi im 27 year old female .i had recent episode of fever, and throat infection for dat I took amoxyclav bd for 5 days, it got subsided by one week but I developed watery nasal discharge and post nasal drip which is on and off. Which is not getting relieved by medications. Discharge is pure watery. And general malaise. I used azelastine nasal drops and hot water steam but of no use. Can you help me with diagnosis and treatment.
Sir j am suffered from nasal polyps and a bone have increased in nose which should be cut via operation as doctor advice.
I have been suffering from throat infection from last 3 months. I took all the medicines but didn't cure. What shall I do?
I am 19 years old, yesterday morning blood bleed in my nose, what is problem? I am too much worried pls help me.
I've very poor appetite & nausea problem & due to this, I'm very under weight. Also, I've Chronic sinusitis & Migraine.
Why we turn deaf ear and look the other way when we are advised by Doctors to adopt more healthy diet than we are used to.
Dear sir,l have suffering from nussl polyp in right & left nose. Pl.Take treatment with without operations. From. Dinesh Patel.
I am a 61 year old man. 4 years back I had fess for the deviated septum and nose block. All was fine till dec last year when all of a sudden I lost my smell and taste. Tried various medications but no success. What should I do?
BPPV or benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is an inner ear disorder where small particles called otoconia get dislodged and fall in the semicircular canals.
Vertigo can last from few seconds to minutes. It usually comes on with a change in position. It can be accompanied by nausea or vomiting and sometimes balance issues.
Vestibular therapy or vestibular rehabilitation helps treat it and in most cases there are no symptoms after couple sessions.
I am having a problem with my ears I can not voices others I have cleaned my ears many times how can I solve my problem?
Good morning sir/madam I am suffering from dizziness when I stand after sitting. If I move my head suddenly, its make vertigo. Why this happen.
My throat is choked, paining and I can't speak properly. No coughing. Should I take antibiotic like augumentin or just gargle and wait for things to settle?
Hello t actually 5 months before due to some ear problem I visited to ent specialist, he told me that my ear drum has got ruptured (small hole in ear drum. I don`t know this has got happen. At the initial stage I took some medicine prescribed by doctor, in hope that my ear drum will be all right but in my 3rd visit doctor advice me for operation. Kindly provide me their cost also.
I am having a problem of tonsils and every time this bring my body in cough and cold condition and fever too. Help me out.
When I get up from the bed, I couldn't get up from left side and right side, if I do so, I feel like to lay down, but I could get up from the in streight position, when I asked my doctor, she said this due to ear nerve infection, and asked me to take stugeron for 5 days, it will be stopped she said, please say your opinion regarding this.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ear aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should consult a doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.