Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja PabalkarYour feedback matters!
I have something in my right thumb of foot it pains a lot sometimes from the day it starts now tell me please what it will be and I am using medicines also and tell me when I should use that medicine i.e after having tea, lunch or breakfast I should take these medicines.
I am havingback problem my back is paining continue throughout entire day. I can not even work because of this. Kindly provide solution.
Hello sir, I suffering from pull of back muscle during workout since 3 days. Even I can not move properly on bed. Please suggest me some medicine.
Hello sir, Actually since yesterday I am having fever and body pains also. And every joint of body is paining. What should i do?
I was playing football yesterday and get ankle sprain it's painful please suggest how to heal it. Fastly because my football tournament is there on 26 Oct..
My wife is 58 years old, she is having pain in left leg, starting from hip joint down to lower leg, from past 1 month. Also, difficulty in walking, standing for long, trouble sleeping at night. Kindly suggest medication or any other treatment. Thanks.
Patella dislocation is mostly found among women and people associated with the high impact sport. It refers to a condition where the kneecap gets completely displaced from its normal location. Lateral dislocation is more common that involves the damage of ligaments and muscles. An immediate response to a patellar injury should be to cut down inflammation, stop engaging the patellofemoral joint and to relieve pain. One of the best ways to do it is to follow the RICE mechanism- rest, ice, compression, and elevation. Once this is done, one should seek urgent medical attention.
Symptoms of patellar dislocation:
- Immediate swelling of the knee area
- Extreme tenderness around the area of the knee cap
- Instability while bearing weight
- Acute pain near the knee cap area
- Quadriceps muscle weakness
- Redness to the affected area and instant fever as a result of the pain
- Warm feeling of the affected area
If patella remains dislocated, consult to doctor immediately. To put the kneecap back in place, doctor may give you pain medication to relax his or her knee muscles, and then gently apply pressure to move the kneecap back into place. This process is called a "reduction."
Immobilization. You may wear a brace for 4 to 6 weeks. This stabilizes the knee while it heals.
Weightbearing. Because putting weight on the knee may cause pain and slow the healing process, you may require crutches for the first week or two after the injury.
Physical therapy. Once the knee has started to heal, you doctor will require physical therapy to help you to regain normal motion. Specific exercises will strengthen the thigh muscles holding the knee joint in place. Your commitment to the exercise program is important for a successful recovery. Typically, patient return to activity 3 to 6 weeks after the injury.
Because a dislocation often damages knee tissue, the patella often remains looser, or more unstable, than it was before the injury. As a result, the patella may dislocate again. Recurrences also are common if the dislocation was caused by an irregularity in the knee structure. Ongoing exercises, such as cycling, can strengthen quadriceps muscles in the thigh and prevent future patellar dislocations.
If your patella dislocates multiple times, or continues to be unstable despite therapy and bracing, surgery may be recommended to correct the problem. The type of surgery will depend on the cause of the unstable kneecap. Surgical treatments often involve reconstructing the ligaments that hold the patella in place.
Post-surgical knee rehabilitation is a key step to a full recovery from patellar dislocation. The process of rehabilitation not only rebuilds the muscles but negate the chances of future dislocation. It also focuses on strength, endurance, power and full motion of the knee. The balance and agility of the limb are also focused upon.
How to prevent patellar dislocation?
Since the risk of recurrence of a patella dislocation is 50 percent, prevention procedures should be at the top of the list.
- Refraining from high impact sports.
- Wearing a knee cap
- Continuing the daily exercise recommended by the physiotherapist to ensure non recurrence of the patella dislocation. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
I am suffering from back and leg pain due to gap in l4 l5, from 5 to 6 years, and have shown to neurosurgeon's and they suggested to operate, or an endoscopic treatement for the same. But I am not prepared or confident about that. But now its out my control to suffer from pain, bcos my back and both d legs are paining continuesly. So pls sir, I request you to suggest for the same as early as possible. Thanking you!
When I get high with alcohol are weed, after consuming it 3 to 5 hrs l8r I experience severe pain below hips til ma knees. I am gettng pain only and this area & I don't get any head pain r back pain. I asked tis earlier bt few docs tld tat its bcos of consuming weed n it dehydrates the body. Bt after I consume alcohol also I gt the pain. Bt someday I dn drink water n smoking lot of weed n I dn gt the pain. I thought tat it ws bcos I eat chicken aftr consuming weed. I dn gt that pain everyday bt only some days but those nyts will be horrible. Kindly suggest me wt do n how to find out what's the problem.
I have gone through serious pain in my lower back portion. I want to get rid of this soon enough. I'm just 20 years old, I want to live life happily without this pain .how should I?
I have back pain and pain in legs, especially at early morning, which spoils my sleep. Please advise.
I am 64 years old man, suffering from left hand bone hand from palm to knee since long nowadays when I hold some item in the left hand I feel pain & cant hold a long time.
One of the most common complaints of men and women is that of a back ache with lower back aches being the most common. Apart from an improper posture, this may be caused by old age, lifting heavy weights or an injury to the back. A consistent back ache can affect your daily life and make performing regular tasks uncomfortable. Luckily, it can be managed quite well with simple ayurvedic remedies.
According to Ayurveda, backaches are triggered by an excess of Vata dosha. Thus, the Ayurvedic remedies for a back ache aim at reducing the Vata dosha. Ayurvedic remedies are natural and have negligible side effects.
For this reason, they can be prescribed to both children and adults. Some such remedies are:
- Cut down on spices: One of the main characteristics of the Vata dosha is dryness. This can be caused by pungent spices such as wasabi and green or red chillies. The internal dryness caused by these spices can lead to constipation which in turn can be one of the causes of low back aches. Hence, if you suffer from a chronic backache that may or may not be accompanied by constipation, cut back on the spices and try eating food that is slightly blander.
- Eat food before it gets cold: Eating cold food or cold drinks can also increase the Vata dosha levels in our body. Coldness creates congestion and constricts the internal organs while warm food allows the digestive and stool carrying channels to stay open. This allows for the easy expulsion of waste and reduces toxins in the body. Hence, opt for warm drinks like tea or coffee instead of soft drinks and juices and try to eat your food while it is hot.
- Padahastasana or the standing forward fold pose: This yoga asana is very effective when it comes to treating back pain as it allows the Vata dosha to flow easily through the body. In doing this it opens up the digestive channels that may have been causing constipation and back pain. It also relieves problems associated with sciatica. To practise this asana begin by standing upright with your feet beside each other. While inhaling, lift your arms over your head till they touch your ears. Bend forward from your hips while exhaling and try to keep the back and your legs straight. Touch the floor or wrap your hands around your calves. Bring your head as close to the knees as possible and hold for 5 – 10 seconds. Inhale and the slowly roll your body upright again. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.