Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Piyush JainYour feedback matters!
My left eye has Chalazion since 5 days. I am prescribed amoxicillin and lyser forte today with zymer ointment. Can I proceed with this treatment.
I am 21 years old male. I feel headache, pain in eyes and I feel sleepy 24 hours. I was test my eyes many times but always disease or any defect not found in my eyes.
I have a problem of my EyeSight. My Right EyeSight is Proper working But my left EyeSight is -2.5. How is this. How can I Improve my EyeSight?
I am suffering from myopia How can I get my eyes back without myopia. Without surgery is it possible?
I do lot of work on laptop and do a lot of close observations on the clarity of my work, I'm a designer, so close work is needed. But I do feel burning of eyes later, can I do anything to prevent damage my eyes n keep it healthy. Kindly help.
I have a real job in which I use computer 12 hours regularly so I want to trick for safe my eyes please suggested me!
I can't see far objects clearly .few years back I was using glasses -0.75 power. But stopped using it after few days .now I don't want to use glasses .is laser treatment good? Is there any drawbacks of it ?please tell me .my age is 20 years.
Hiii. I'm omprakash. Mujhe eyes me problem rehta h. Pain rahta h.dryness feel hota h bcoj me online smart phone pe business karta hu. So please advice me how I be free from this problem.
I have a eye problems last two months. I consulting eye doctor. He say you're eye power low you take class. Any other new technology there.
I saw eye doctor I am okk but my headache is fed me all day I remember one thing again again Like mjhe ye krna h fir ye krna h morning se kya kya kiya krun . Ye me at least 20 times remember krta hu kya kese krna h kya kiya Ni chahu fir bhi mind rest ni leta fir again kuch sochne lg jata I am forgetting many thing backache sometime i am always thinking about sex what should i do?
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.