Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Piya ParikhYour feedback matters!
Hii sir , good evening , I am akhil , age 21 old , I am suffering from mouth ulcer and when I stand my eyes head is rotating , I can't able to do my work , these symptoms showing any diseases , is necessary to do check up , I am in mental stress about this , I am feeling tension plzz give me a clear clarification.
Hi doctor why does thing happen? Even while I am in a meeting I used to have my mouth filled like this, I feel very ashamed at times. Please help me to solve this. Do I need to take medicines to solve inside cold?
I am 57 years old teeth is paining I can't eat & talk properly my lips become cross I am diabetic past 12 years.
Is there any danger undergoing Root canal in the long run.I heard like my teeth will be dead and there is chance of anaerobic bacteria formation in that area.
My dentist says that my gums and bones r weak. Lot ot tooth have fallen and some r about to fall. I need to replace the tooth. What is recommended. Dentures or implant. Can gums and bones be strengthened? Because of weak bones and gums, will dentures or implants give me frequent problems?
Losing a tooth to infection (decay) or trauma can be a painful experience. Imagine that you are in a dental chair and just got a new tooth or a bridge fitted. It is a joyous experience, almost like a new found lease of life, to be able to eat better and look better. However, even after a few days to a week, you realize that the new crown is just not settling down completely. There is a constant sensitivity that exists and is not allowing you to enjoy the new tooth.
There are various reasons that the new crown can be sensitive, some of them including:
- A high point: On the new crown, there could be small points that do not allow for a bite as earlier. This can lead to sensitivity and minor jaw discomfort.
- Improper fit with exposed dentin: This can happen at the neck area, where the crown is not fitting the tooth, leaving a small part of dentin exposed. This can lead to sensitivity once the crown is fixed in.
- Other decayed teeth: If there is a decayed tooth adjacent to the crown, it could be confusing and sometimes difficult to pinpoint the exact area.
If it persists for more than a week, check with your dentist on the following:
- Severity of decay: The extent of decay in the first place should be considered, especially if you have had crown as a result of extensive tooth decay. If it was involving a large portion of the dentin, the changes of having sensitivity are high, even after a crown placement. In these cases, there could be silent abscess, which may never manifest as symptoms, but can cause a gnawing sensitivity issue with each bite.
- Area of decay: Root caries and cervical caries are more prone to have sensitivity compared to the crown of the tooth. The enamel layer in these areas is thin and the chances of dentinal involvement is high. The rate at which the decay will reach the pulp and cause pain is also higher.
- Type of dental treatment: If extensive metal work is done, the sensitivity might last longer than a week, which is the norm.
- Triggering factors: Make a note of what triggers the sensitivity, hot, cold or sweets.
- Management: As mentioned, expect the sensitivity with your new crown to last for up to a week. In some cases, it may be longer, depending on, as noted above, the severity of the original decay, the area, triggers, etc.
While some cases may be managed with a small trim of the crown, some may need the crown to be re-fitted, and some may even require re-treating the tooth completely.
There are thousands of living organisms which are living in the mouth and some of them produce a fetid smell.
People who do not clean their mouth, tongue and teeth properly have more of these bacterias. Saliva checks the growth of bacteria but during sleep, saliva production almost ceases and bacteria go on multiplying. Thus, many people complain that they have a bad odor from mouth esp. In morning on rising.
Many types of mouthwash are available in the market, all of them contain alcohol. They help for an hour or two and their excessive use produces more bad smell in the mouth than it was before their use.
The best way to stop bad odor from the mouth is maintaining good oral hygiene by brushing teeth properly twice daily along with cleaning of the tongue by a tongue cleaner. Homeopathic remedies can do rest of the work to stop bad breath.