Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Patil Tushar
Submit a review for Dr. Patil TusharYour feedback matters!
The food you eat is critical for your overall well-being as cancers that often affect the human body are of gastrointestinal origin. Stick to organic and chemical free foods to live a healthier life, since they reduce the risk of cancer substantially. Regular consumption of the food items mentioned below increase your risk of developing cancer, as well as many other conditions and should be avoided at all costs.
- Microwave popcorn: Most microwave popcorn bags are lined with c8, also known as Perfluorooctanoic Acid (PFOA), which increases the risk of certain cancers such as kidney, testicular, bladder, pancreas and liver cancer notably. Microwave popcorn also contains an artificial or synthetic butter flavoring called diacetyl, which is extremely toxic and obstructs breathing.
- Canned tomatoes: While tomatoes are considered to be cancer fighting foods, their canned counterparts are extremely unhealthy and may cause cancer. This is mainly due to the lining of the cans they are put in, which contains a chemical known as Bisphenol A or BPA that has been proven to elevate the risk of infertility as well as prostate and breast cancer. Due to the high acidic level. BPA leaks from the lining of the cans and penetrates into the fruit. Tomatoes should be cooked fresh or stored in glass jars.
- Processed/Grilled red meat: Processed meats such as sausages, prosciutto, bacon, pimento loaf, bologna, hot dog, etc., contain various chemicals and preservatives such as sodium nitrate. This is added to make the meat look fresh and appealing, but are, in fact, carcinogenic in nature. Moreover, you should also avoid grilling meat, since it releases a carcinogen known as heterocyclic aromatic amines, which is another dangerous food item that smoked meat contains as it picks up tar from the smoking process.
- Farmed salmon: It is imperative to avoid farmed salmon because they are fed unnatural diets that are contaminated with carcinogens, antibiotics, chemicals, pesticides and so on. They also harbor sea lice, 30 times greater in amount than wild salmon. High levels of PCBs, cancer causing dioxins, and mercury have been found in them. It is advisable to opt for wild sockeye salmon instead of farmed salmon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist.
My father is 65 year old, recently he was operated for prostrate gland, due to enlargement of gland. But after few days, he feels very less hunger, due to which he is very weak, he don't feels to eat more, he is also suffering from diabetes. please help.
Dear Doctor, My elder sister has been suffering from Lung Cancer. Her age is 40 years old. We are from Bangladesh. Now doctor has advised for chemotherapy treatment of six month. Doctor's advice is given bellow. Tissue Biopsy: Specimen labelled as tissue from collapsed lung (core biopsy: Malignant lesion, histological consistent with adenocarcinoma. Advice: Immunihistochemistry for TTF-1, CK-7, CEA, CK-20 and synaptophysin for further confirmation. Plan of Treatment: Palliative systemic chemotherapy with affordable schedule (pemetrexed+Platinum or Taxene+ platinum) depending on her financial issues. Now sir will you please tell me about my sister is now in which stage/level of cancer and is she can be cured by giving chemotherapy and live a healthy lives.
Sir I am now 44 and I am suffering an Infection from past 10 to 15 years but not correct diagnose yet, Once One Dr. Diagnose and treat correct but not given medicine in writing. Symptoms like 1- Pet kharab, 2- Cough, 3- Urine smell and abnor, 4- thirst absent, 5- penile discharge 6- body feel heat, 7- Mussels weak Sir I think only one diagnose is not done that is Prostatitis , Please guide me and treat me. (only allopathy)
My mom suffering with overian cancer, her age is 65 years old. She can take the 6 chemotherapys, doctor suggested surgery but she is not interested. I have a small doubt that her age will support the surgery ? after chemo doctor not given any medical support, is it surgery is necessary or not. Pls give you are valuable suggestions.
I am 29 years old male, and having prostate problem, can you please tell me the reason of this disease and what I should avoid in future. Please advise medicine and food supplements.
Hello friends. I am Dr Saurabh Mishra. I am a senior consultant in Urology in Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi. Now I am going to discuss something about Prostate. As you know prostate is a very common problem and it is not only seen by the urologist but so many other colleagues in the medical specialities, specially the physician. There are lot of myths and confusions about the Prostate in patients as well as the health care professionals. So, I would like to simplify the treatment methods for the prostate specially from the patient's point of view.
For the treatment protocol, we keep the patients into three categories;
- Those patients who are asymptomatic and incidently been detected an emlarged prostate. Anything above 20g prostate, we call it as enlarged prostate. So, suppose a patient have some symptoms, he has undergone ultarsound and enlarged prostate was picked up. Such patients lie in Group-1. They do not need any treatment and kept under observation. Once they face any problem, they are given appropriate treatment.
- Group-2 are those patients who suffer some urinary problems. Most commonly, they face frequent urine at night. In this category, they can have some obstructive features also. For example, they take long time to pass urine, the last part of the utine comes slowly that is called dribbling of urine. If these symptoms are present, the patient goes to the doctor and doctor evaluates and if no complicated factors are found then the medical treatment is started. So many medicines are available for the medical treatment of the Prostate. But unfortunately, most of them belong to same family. Due to this, if one drug fails to work then the options are least.
- Group-3 patients are those who have complications. The complication may include the recurrent urinary tract infection, recurrent blood in urine, either of the kidney or both the kidneys are enlarged, bladder stones etc. If these symptoms are present, then it becomes the complicated factor. If any of tehse factors or all of these are present in the patient, then these patients may directly be planned for the surgery and no medical treatment is incorporated in such patients.
Few things we come to know. I have never dicussed about the size of the prostate. That means the size of the prostate will not tell about the treatment. There are so many patients who took treatment from the physician also. So, to such patients, I want to clarify the thing that the treatment is not that complicated but the treatment should be incorporated. The patient should be clarifies about the problem and the treatment and the group should be evaluated for the patient.
Thank you so much.