Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Patil SaeeYour feedback matters!
I am feeling scared of sleeping alone because I feel that because of yesterday I told Bloody Mary in front of the mirror 3 times ?Please suggest any solutions to sleep without fear.
Dear Sir, Good Noon! My wisdom tooth self fallen out and vacuum hole developed. Any procedure for filling the vacuum hole and reducing new tooth. Thanks with best regards, Sanjeev kumar.
I am having a uric acid level of 7.9mg/dl. Now I am taking ayurvedic medicines. My right thumb finger joint has pain and is swollen, especially when waking up. Kindly advice me.
I am suffering from borderline hepatomegaly, kidney stone and I feel very much pain in my left upper abdomen.
I am a patient of physio effect disorder since. 24sept 2003 caused by I was ragged one and half year in chandigarh engg. college which sent me in deep and severe depression. I was hospitalised for 3month at dr. M.l.agrawal neuro psychiatry center,kota,rajasthan. Also admitted 5 times during these period. Till date I m not normally fit facing more other problems.
I want tell the about cough problem and this problem increasing day by day but not relief tell me solution of this problem.
I am 57 male after taking food my sugar level goes to 160_165. I walk 5 km in morning and took very low sugar. What to do ?
I am 33 year old and I have fissure when I have going toilet getting pain without bleeding and have small seed out of utters. Kindly suggest its (Fissure, Babashir, Piles or etc.)
I got married one week ago. My wife breast produce milk water colored 2-3 drops on squeezing. What it is? Why it is coming out?
My grandpa has problem in his back (sitika problem) and he is not able to walk (after sitika operation in year 2001 in bombay) without any support like Becker or any rigid support and he has also urine problem (ie. He has to go for toilet within 1 or 2 hour otherwise it automatically gets out) please please suggest some treatment for my grandpa.(age appr. 67)
First of all thank you doctor for your time, I wanted to try medemix soap, I have acne prone skin, combination skin, pliz help me to choose.
Hello sir my weight is 75. And my height is 5.4' recently I have been operate of gall bladder in16june My age is35" how can I loss my weight.
I am loosing hairs and hairs density is also v less and thickness is too less so please help me to reduce hairfall.
People who have good emotional health are aware of their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. They have learned healthy ways to cope with the stress and problems that are a normal part of life. They feel good about themselves and have healthy relationships.
However, many things that happen in life can disrupt your emotional health and lead to strong feelings of sadness, stress, or anxiety. Good changes can be just as stressful as bad changes. These things include:
- Being laid off from your job
- Having a child leave or return home
- Dealing with the death of a loved one
- Getting divorced or married
- Suffering an illness or an injury
- Getting a job promotion
- Experiencing money problems
- Moving to a new home
- Having a baby
What is the mind-body link?
You may already be familiar with phrases which describe the mind-body connection in day-to-day life such as something being a “pain in the neck” - it generally symbolises 'burden over mind'.
When we talk about mind, people usually understand it as a collection of thoughts, feelings, beliefs, attitudes, memories, past experiences and personality that make up a person’s internal world.
Mind vs Brain
In colloquial terms, the words mind and brain may be used interchangeably but, the two are in fact not the same. While the brain is a physical organ, the mind can be described a virtual entity present within each cell of our body and extended to minimum 2 inches outside the body. That is why mind controls the body as a collection of thoughts, emotions, imagination and memories. When compared to a computer, the brain acts as the hardware while the mind is the software within it.
Is it all in my head?
Experiencing happiness or sadness not only affects your frame but also affects your physical health. For example, indigestion is commonly triggered by stress and anxiety. On the other hand, physical ailments also affect an individual’s mental well-being. Do you know anyone who feels happy when they are sick? Thus, the mind and body share a deep, cyclic connection. To be physically healthy is it important to be psychologically healthy and vice versa.
Emotions manifest themselves on an individual’s body in a number of ways. This ranges from changes in internal body temperature and blood sugar levels to hormonal imbalances and altered brain chemistry. Happiness and joyous emotions have the ability to boost immunity, alleviate pain and relax muscles while sadness and anxiety can increase heart beats, tighten muscles and dilate blood vessels. Over time, it can also lower a person’s immunity and make them more susceptible to bacterial and viral infections. Anxiety and depression can keep a person from eating nutritious food and exercising and hence lower his or her overall health. Poor emotional health could also encourage the use of stimulants such as alcohol and drugs that cause weight fluctuation, insomnia, tiredness, weakened gut health, sexual problems etc.
How do your thoughts and feelings affect your health?
Your brain produces substances that can improve your health. These substances include endorphins, which are natural painkillers, and gamma globulin, which strengthens your immune system.
Research shows that what your brain produces depends in part on your thoughts, feelings, and expectations. If you're sick but you have hope and a positive attitude and you believe that you'll get better, your brain is likely to produce chemicals that will boost your body's healing power.
Negative thoughts and emotions can keep your brain from producing some of the chemicals that help your body heal. But this doesn't mean you should blame yourself for getting sick or feeling down about a health problem. Some illnesses are beyond your control. But your thoughts and state of mind are resources you can use to get better.
The mind-body link and your health
Some of the body’s systems are more affected by the mind-body link more than others. You may recognise some listed below:
- Digestive System Changes: It is common to experience an upset stomach (e.g. nausea, diarrhoea, bloating or pain) during times of stress. There are lots of nerve connections between the brain and the gut. In fact, the gut is sometimes called the ‘Little Brain’ for this reason.
- Skin Conditions: People with skin conditions, including eczema or psoriasis, notice that during stressful periods their symptoms can become worse and respond less well to conventional treatments.
- Heart Symptoms: Changes in the way the heart works are common in stressful or exciting circumstances. For example, stress or excitement can cause the heart to beat faster and raise blood pressure. These normal changes in heart rate and blood pressure as a result of stress can be concerning for people with or without heart conditions.
- Fatigue: Fatigue can also be affected by how we think and feel. For example, boredom can lead to feeling fatigued and sleepy whereas an unexpected piece of good news could give you a burst of energy. Fatigue can also be present as part of mood problems such as depression and anxiety. People who experience health problems may struggle with fatigue which is a combination of physical and emotional factors.
- Thinking Styles: How you think - your ‘thinking style’ - can affect how you feel emotionally and physically. Some common thinking styles make it seem very likely that something bad is going to happen. This can make you feel worried, sad or upset even though the thought is not true.
Below is a short list of some of the more common types of psychotherapy. Some therapy techniques have been scientifically tested on a large scale basis; while others are newer and often combined with more established psychotherapies.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
Using the mind-body link to help you manage your health
- Learning how to relax can help your mind and body. You can try different things until you find one that works for you. For example: Listen to relaxing music.
- Spend five minutes focusing on the rhythm of your breath.
- Try using prayer or meditation to relax.
- Imagine being in a peaceful scene, such as a beach or woodland. Notice what you can see, hear, touch, taste and smell.
- Try not to rush around during the day. Leave plenty of time for your planned activities.
- Talk to someone when you are feeling stressed, anxious or down you might not feel like doing anything.
Thankfully, like physical ailments, emotional ailments too can be treated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.