Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PatilYour feedback matters!
My 10 months old baby doesn't like eating pureed food. Please let me know what food can I give her now and how much meal to serve her in a day. She is on breastfeeding and also outside milk/ formula can be given as she wants only breast milk no solids.
My baby is 1 year 4 month he don't eat so please suggest which type of food i should give or what I do for him ?
My kid 6 years old, when ever whether change she get cough and cold, do we have any good medicine, every time we could not able to use antibiotics, kindly help, thanking you.
As my son was born in eight months, will there be any Problem either physically or mentally? he is going to reach his eleventh month. He is active and normal now. What about his future? I heard that there will be less memory power for pre matured babies. Is it true?
Hi I have stomach pain from last three days back pain and ulcer in mouth also Please suggest what shout I do.
Dads and moms should share in the responsibility in caring for their newborn baby.
Importance of Dad Care
Caring for their baby gives dad's a chance to bond with their baby and also provides rest, help and support to the mom who might be in great stress. It is important to be there for your wife and be an active participant in caring for your family. Care for your young one and take turns changing the diaper, watching the baby or feeding.
What dads can do?
Dads can get involved in the different activities like changing soiled diapers, massage and bathing or sponging, get his/her dressed, feeding the baby if on formula feeds, burping the baby etc. Rocking the baby to sleep and singing songs and lullabies gives you a different experience. Don't shy away from responsibilities. It is best that you be there rather than ignore your need.
Skin to skin contact (Kangaroo care)
Babies respond to touch. Kangaroo care is very helpful especially in premature babies. It helps in growth of baby. It helps in bonding of baby with father. Hold your baby tight against your skin. Let the hearts connect. It is a beautiful experience to hold God's creation in your hand. This is the best way to connect to your little one and make him feel special. The best thing about this activity is that more than the baby it makes you feel happy and complete.
Practice makes a man perfect!
The only way to learn how to care for a bay is by getting involved and get going. Don't hesitate. You may feel shy initially but once you start involving in your baby care, the experience of nursing a baby makes you more confident.
Share your experience in your group at home or office, you may find more practical ways for caring your baby. Be open to suggestions and try and incorporate the good ones.
It has been found that babies who are 'well fathered' tend to be more secure and confident in exploring the world around them. Be a father that is around to observe and nurture your kid, remember it's the childhood that one cherishes the most.
My sons testicles looks seems small, he is 8.8 yrs old. What should I do, is it normal, when consulted pediatrician, he said it is normal until he comes to age of 16, but still not convinced.
Exams are here again. As always we tend to neglect our food in the process of concentrating on studies. But we forget that to concentrate on studies we have to concentrate on taking a healthy diet.
Here are a few diet tips that will help you balance your study as well as diet.
1. Eat small and nourishing meals every three hours, instead of just 2-3 heavy meals. The brain needs a constant supply of energy and a heavy meal will divert the blood supply to digest the heavy meal.
2. Your daily diet must include 2-3 fresh, seasonal fruits. Start your day with a boost of fruit energy. Have a banana with a tablespoon of honey as the first meal of the day. Fruits provide you not only with fiber, vitamins and minerals but also simple and complex carbohydrates for short and long duration of energy supply when studying. The fiber will also help to keep the bowel movement clear.
3. A good breakfast is a must for anyone. The breakfast must contain foods with complex carbohydrates like flakes, oats, rawa (semolina), daliya (wheat cracks), poha (rice flakes) or pav with vegetables and a protein source such as eggs, milk, pulse, sprouts or paneer.
4. Nuts and dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, and dates provide nutrients which enhance brain power and concentration and also provide an extended source of energy supply.
5. Include potassium-rich coconut water, citrus fruits/ juices and soups in your diet.
6. Green leafy vegetables, pulses, and nuts will also provide vitamins and minerals to help avoid anemia. (Anemia is a common problem causing difficulty in concentration.)
7. Including milk as a bedtime meal and curd/lassi/buttermilk after lunch or as a mid-meal assures a supply of Vitamin B12 too.
8. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Always keep a glass of water beside you to remember to take sips of water every 15 minutes.
9. Basic exercise like stretching, walking or yoga with meditation will help to reduce negative stress and also help you to get good sleep.
10. Avoid junk foods as they will provide you no nutrition.
11. Avoid stimulants like tea, coffee or colas as they may seem to perk you up but the energy does not sustain for long. Too much may even cause bloating or acidity.
12. Avoid aerated drinks as they are full of sugar and may cause a rapid rise in blood sugar levels causing a sudden rise and drop in sugar levels.
13. Chocolates may seem to may you feel good but the sudden rise and fall of sugar it causes in the blood can lead to trembling nervousness and panic.
14. Have your dinner if possible a little earlier than 9-10pm.
15. Keep about 2 hours between dinner and your bedtime.
16. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
Remember your body and mind need the fuel to help you perform the best. So, nourish it and take care of it and it will do the same for you.
What a mother should expect about baby's hair growth.?
Every baby is special in his own way. Some are bald beauties and some have heaps of hair. Hair density mostly depends upon the genetic makeup of the baby. In the initial six months of life, babies hair tend to fall. Some may become totally bald and may not show any growth for some time.This is completely normal. Most babies show new hair growth between 9 months to 12 months of life. Almost all babies have growth till their second birthday. The colour and texture of the hair may vary from that present at birth. Curly hair can be replaced by straight hair. And thick dense hair can be replaced by thinner and sparse hair.
How to wash my baby's hair?
With newborn babies, In the early days the best way to wipe their hair is with a sponge. Support your baby's shoulders and head, which again should be tilted slightly, and gently pat the wet and warm sponge over the hair until it is sufficiently clean.
After 4-5 weeks in young babies use a small amount of baby shampoo on your baby's hair. Softly rub in a circular motion, and then use a plastic cup or your hand to rinse off the shampoo.
Always be gentle whenever you message a tearless baby shampoo into your baby's scalp. A too-brisk scalp massage can force hair follicles and speed up hair loss or breakage.
How often should I wash my baby's hair?
You should never wash your baby's hair everyday. Particularly with the newborns, there's just no requirement. Once, twice or on need basis baby's hairs can be washed. Instead of washing it every day, gently wipe it with a sponge daily to remove any dirt and fresh your baby up.
Which shampoo should I use?
Always use tearless nourishing natural ingredients shampoos. During first month try to avoid shampoo. Tearless shampoo can even hurt, avoid spillage in eyes. Adult shampoos should be avoided as it contains chemicals that can be toxic to the baby.
Will shaving head improve my babies hair growth?
Shaving your baby's head does not improve the hair growth. The hair just looks healthier with the dried, scraggly ends removed
Sir, My 7 year old daughter is suffering from low level of thyroid. Her growth is not normal at this age. Mentally she is good but her physical growth is bad. Her nails also didn't growing from last more than 10 months. Kindly suggest me what to do.
She is 2 years old her weight is 9kg she is not having her diet properly what to do? Is there any medicine for hunger for her.
15 days ka baby hai bahot koshish krne pr bi maa ka dhoodh nhi pee rhi hai ab usko kaunsa dhoodh diya jaye cow mink or dexolac plss ansss.
What is Hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B can be defined as the viral infection of the liver. It is caused by Hepatitis B virus (HBV). It is the most common type of virus and can affect a person adversely if left undetected and untreated.
What are the risks to the baby born to Hepatitis B mother?
If the mother has Hepatitis B, there are chances of transfer of virus to the baby. Transmission can occur while the baby is in utero, during delivery and in postpartum period. Most of the cases are due to transmission of virus at the time of delivery due to exposure to blood. That virus can infect the baby and can cause hepatitis in the baby. Baby can become a chronic carrier and can develop liver cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma in later life.
Does breast milk contain Hepatitis B Virus?
Yes, HBV can be found in the breast milk of 70% of carrier mothers, but there is no evidence of transmission of Hepatitis B through mother's milk.
Can Hepatitis B Positive mother give breastfeed to her baby?
Yes, according to WHO and UNICEF guidelines breastfeeding can be given, as breast milk is the natural and optimal feed to the baby. Mother feeding in hepatitis B positive mother infant can be made more safe by immunisation of the baby with Hepatitis B Vaccine and Hepatitis B immunoglobulin . Hepatitis B vaccine and immunoglobulins are to be given within 12hrs of delivery and the vaccine should be repeated after 1 month and 6 months. This will substantially reduce perinatal transmission and virtually eliminate any risk of transmission through breastfeeding or breast milk feeding. Immunization of infants will also prevent infection from all other modes of HBV transmission. Exclusive breast feeding is to be continued till 6 months of age .Start complementary feeds at 6 months of age and along with that continue breast feeding for two years.
What to do if Hepatitis B positive mother has sore or cracked or bleeding nipples?
Mothers should breastfeed the baby carefully so that she would not get cracked or sore nipple. In case she gets sore or cracked or bleeding for nipple ,stop breast feeding and take treatment for sore nipples. Because sore nipples or cracked nipples can transmit the virus through exposure to blood . During that period she should express the milk and discard it. She should resume the feeding after the nipples are healed.