Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pathak Nitin
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pathak NitinYour feedback matters!
I am 33 years old, I have black spots on my above foot, no pain due to this. What is this? Is there any side effects due to this spots.
Sir mai apni gf ko kareeb 1 week se 10-15 minute tak lip kiss kar raha hu abhi tak mujhe koi problem nahi hui kya future me iske koi side effects ho sakte hai kya lip kiss aids ho sakta hai.
Hello Doctor, I have dried and chapped lips most of the time. My throat also feels excessively dry quite often. This leads to bad mouth smell too occasionally. I experience tingling sensation in my extremities as well. Kindly suggest me some remedy as it takes a toll on my confidence and my communication skills are affected adversely.
I'm 17 and have oily skin type. There were no pimples on my face. But in last few days I am going through a number of pimples. So what to do ?
White patches over both feet and fingers of both hands scattered patches over both legs patches over number area of black patches itch in the beginning no muco cutaneous involvement these these patches are from last 3 months.
Hai doctors. I am 24 years old. My skin was looking clear and bright. And I had blackspot on my skin. Which cream I want to use. Please tell me doctors.
I am suffering from some kind of skin disease from last three years. It is so irritating, most of the time it itched too much. For the last few days it is unbearable. Kindly help me know about the disease & suggest the diagnosis.
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that is caused due to many reasons. This condition mainly indicates a severe malfunction of the melanocytes or the melanin producing cells of the body. These cells are responsible for giving you your skin colour, tone and complexion. Usually, a person suffering from melanoma will have many normal and irregular moles as well as melanoma in the eye and digestive tracts too. So, what are the causes of this condition? Read on to find out.
- Skin Cell Development: The general process of skin renewal includes the rise of new skin cells to the surface in a routine and continuous manner. This skin cell development can get hindered due to a number of reasons like DNA damage. When this happens, the dead skin cells accumulate instead of falling off to make space for the new cells, and this can cause a mass of cancerous cells to form.
- Fair Complexion: Having an excessively fair skin tone may point towards lack of melanin or pigment in the skin. This erodes the protection that one naturally gets when exposed to the harmful Ultraviolet rays of the sun. This can increase the risk of contracting melanoma. Also, people with freckles, red or blonde hair, and even blue eyes can fall prey to this condition.
- Location: Your geographic location also matters to a great extent when it comes to this disease. People living closer to the equator have reported increased cases of this disease due to over exposure to Ultraviolet rays. The direct and harsh rays of the Sun can also lead to this condition.
- History: When you have a history of sunburns or if you are particularly susceptible to them, then you may end up with melanoma. Blistering sunburns and too many moles can also lead to this condition. Dysplastic nevi or many unusual modes with irregular shape, size and colour also indicate an increased risk of falling prey to melanoma. Also, if you have had a family history of this disease, then there are chances of contracting the same, as you may have inherited the carrier gene too.
- Immune System: Much like many other diseases and cancers, this condition also greatly depends on the state of your immune system. Patients who have recently recovered from organ transplants, other such procedures, and diseases can find themselves at the weak end of their immunity, which makes them susceptible to such kinds of cancer.
Melanoma should be treated in a proper way by a specialist from the Oncology department.