Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pataskar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PataskarYour feedback matters!
I am 40 year old female my toe nails are getting yellow it color and then started paining what should I do.
Hi Since 15 to 20 days I was getting weired pain in different parts of the head and a sharp buzzing noise like beep noise in the ears and also pain for few seconds in the ear. So when I consulted doctor he said it might be either tension headache or Migraine and had asked me to take Naprosyn 250mg fir 15 days but I still don't see any improvement in my headache. The headache keeps moving near the forehead or temple areas or back side of head or in the back side of nose. Since 2 days slightly a pricking sensation near the chest. I'm really worried. Today I visited Doctor again and told him the same. He examined me my BP was 130/90 and pulse 79 and doctor on the prescription mentioned as frontal sinus, tension headache and dull boring headache and prescribed new medicines for 15 days one is Censpram Lite and the other is B-fit-CD. He said use these tablets your headache and ear pain will reduce. While purchasing the tablets the medical shop person told me that the Censpram lite is a anti depression tablet and will just relax and put you to sleep and B-FIT-CD is a Vitamin tablet. They are saying we don't know whether it will help you to recovery. Now I'm scared and worried after the medical shop person told me this. My question is can I go ahead with these 2 tablets what my doctor has suggested me and will they help me from my headache and ear pain problem? Please advice. Thanking you
Plantar fasciitis is an orthopedic problem that gives rise to pain in the foot and heel due to strain or pressure on the plantar fascia. This is a ligament or connective tissue which lies in a flat band, connecting your heel with the toes and effectively, providing a basis for the motion of the feet in general. Inflammation, swelling and bruising of this tissue or ligament can lead to excessive pain in the heel.
Let us look at ways that can help you deal with this pain:
- Rest: Taking rest and giving your feet a break from all kinds of strain inducing activities can help in relieving the pain. Also, you can keep your feet elevated to help in reducing the pain in the area.
- Supportive footwear: Using pads within your shoes with gel built into them, or using specific footwear that help in walking without feeling too much of pain is a good way of dealing with Plantar fasciitis. The shoe inserts must be rubber, felt or plastic so that they are soft for your feet. They also give your heel and its arch good support, while Orthotics pulls the ligament so that there is less stress on the same. You can also pull on a pair of night flints which will keep the foot and the ligament stretched while you enjoy a good night of sleep.
- Exercise: Indulging in mild muscle strengthening exercise that also involves stretching and heel hooks can help in alleviating chronic pain that you may be suffering from. Lie flat on your back and take a towel. Lift your leg and hook your foot into it. Now press against the towel and pull down the towel simultaneously. Repeat at least ten times per foot. This will give you flexibility and strength in the area.
- Painkillers: Use pain killers only when absolutely necessary and with due advice from the doctor or Orthopaedic specialist. The use of Ibuprofen and other pain relievers can help in numbing the pain inducing nerves in the brain and give you instant relief.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication that can bring down the swelling for more comfortable functioning when you are on your feet. Naproxen is one such drug that helps in bringing down the inflammation. Also, corticosteroid injections can relieve severe pain.
- Surgery: Heel spur removal or Plantar fascia release are some of the surgical options for chronic and severe cases.
Taking care of your feet is a matter of ensuring that you look into the slightest discomfort and report the same to a doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.