Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Parvez InamdarYour feedback matters!
I am 26 year old male, having frozen shoulder in right shoulder. And sometimes unable to lift my hands. And cannot move my hands in the backward direction.
Joint and muscle pain arises when excess pressure is exerted on a particular joint or due to the wear and tear of a particular muscle. This is one area where many people face chronic pain, with symptoms such as deformity of the joints, swelling, immobility of the joints and severe joint pain. There are a lot of topical as well as oral medicines for chronic pain within conventional medicine, but it may not always be effective for all types of patients.
Homeopathy has been known to provide effective cures for many types of muscle and joint related ailments.
Let's first look at the common causes for muscle and joint pain related problems:
- Sports related injuries
- Vehicular accidents such as a car or bike accidents
- Bad postures or habits
- Other underlying physical or medical conditions
So what are the ways in which homeopathy can cure certain conditions and alleviate pain in patients?
- Arthritis: One of the most common problems that many people report is that of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, which causes a lot of pain in many people. In many cases, the use of Natrum Muriaticum and Bryonia has been known to allay the pain.
- Moving and shifting joint or muscle pains: Many patients have this problem where they face joint or muscle pain but instead of it being constant in one area, it moves around the body. Pulsatilla is known to effectively reduce the symptoms in these cases.
- Tennis elbow or tendon related problems: This is a common ailment, which in many cases is caused by strenuous activities, such as sports. Rhus tox has been known to be effective in such cases.
- Muscular conditions: There are many muscle-related conditions such as fibromyalgia and fibrositis among others have also been reduced after the usage of Rhus tox.
Homeopathic medicines like Medorrhinum, Ruta, Formica Rufa, Arnica, Symphytum and a few others are useful for treating such conditions, depending upon the exact symptoms and causes.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Treating Constipation Effectively with Homeopathy
While it may be obvious that no form of pain is welcome, it can be said that pain which is felt on account of being affected by sciatica is especially unwelcome. Taking that into due account, the good news is that physiotherapy can go a long way in helping by improving this sort of pain.
The longest nerve in the whole human body is the sciatic nerve, so it can be expected that when there is trouble with this nerve, the pain would be pretty significant. The leg pain which is caused to a person when this nerve happens to be getting pinched is known as sciatica.
There is a range of treatments when it comes to how something as painful as sciatica is to be solved. Now, while it is true that a solution such as making sure there is an amount of bed rest which is sufficient is very important, to say the very least, it is often the case that the person with sciatica would like his or her recovery to be hastened.
In order to make sure that this is the case, physiotherapy is quite useful. There are various forms of physiotherapy which can be made use of, and the decision as to which sort of physiotherapy a person would be best suited to would obviously be part of the subjective assessment of the person by a practitioner who is well qualified and experienced.
Some of the solutions when it comes to physiotherapy being used in order to treat sciatica are quite innovative, to say the very least. For example, there is physiotherapy instrument mobilisation, which is also known as PIM. What this entails is that a mechanical spring-loaded instrument is used in the process which serves the purpose of mobilising the spinal cord of a person along with his or her peripheral joints.
One form of physiotherapy oriented treatment which is used to address the issue of sciatica is real-time ultrasound physiotherapy. It can be said that this is not close to as cutting edge as physiotherapy instrument mobilisation is but it does serve as a rather dependable and useful way to battle sciatic pain. This form of physiotherapy makes use of ultrasound technology to analyse how the muscles function and then using that as a basis to create a list of physiotherapy exercises to be done by the person who is having sciatica. Rather than medicines, physiotherapy improves sciatica by getting a person to use oneself!
I had been prone to heroine use from last few years. Post withdrawal I encounter diarreah, nausea,sweating, irritability,depression n craving. Been clean in b/w for 2-3 days but got back to drugs. I don't want to continue it anymore but feel low while normal. Any help appreciated . Thanks.
I had a severe sprain in my ankle. It had been two months. I am also going for physiotherapy but it has not been cured fully. Please suggest me how can I recover fast.
How should you approach pain caused due to sports injuries??
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
- Immediate remedies: Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
- Medication: Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
- Physical therapy: A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
- Injections: Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Surgical procedures: This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
- Interventional Pain relieving procedures: These include regenerative or stem cell therapy, and neuromodulation techniques using radio frequency current. They may result in best results without any tissue cutting or damage. A pain specialist may be able to help you best in that case.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.