Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Parimal Kulkarni
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Parimal KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Hello I am a male age 23 few months before I had some acne problems it has increased alot I avoided bursting my pimples but still they pop my face is covered with big scars and (pus bacteria) neck and body. How to control I stop changed my diet no oil and use various facewash and many home remedies please advice need your help as soon as possible.
Hello sir, My face have lot of pimples and its holes (scars. And also my face is always look tan like skin. Next month is my marriage. I want to over come all these problems. And my over all body has white color expect my face. How can over come this problem. Please help me. And my skin is oily type, what cream is better for me. I hope the valuable reply from your side. Thank you.
He is covering his hands always because of the wrinkles. It is embarrassing him. Please suggest a medicine to this.
Recently when I was brushing my teeth I saw that my lips lower part skin turn into white ish dots, the color is white and is spreading to my upper lip. Please help me.
Hi my age is 20 (M) weight 57 kg I have lots of pores in my faces small big darks spots all over when I shave it exposes a lot I feel akward to go outside please give me some good medicine to overcome darks spots, Pores,Pimples, acne please I need help.
Hi There, I have sever acne on my Back and buttock, Can you please suggest some medicines . I follow strict diet .
Hello, I am 20 years old and my question is. Sir after some time my face is looking very bad because many pimples my face so how to remove pimples on my skin .help me.
My hair is straight. I want to do the permanent hair straightening. I am also suffering from little hair fall regularly. So is it a wise decision for me to go for the permanent hair straightening now? Or what should I do?
Hi my name is fahim basha I have black scars on the face please suggest me with the perfect medicine to treat scars.
Hi. I am a 30 year old guy. Recently I have been getting a lot of pimple like spots on my forehead. I have tried visiting skin specialists but it isnt working. What could be the reason?
I have dark circles under my eyes from 10 long years. I didn't take care about that before but now I am started to worrying about it. I sit in front of computer from morning to evening. I had used Himalaya eye gel, botonica eye gel, brilinta cream Presently I am using mhrm under eye gel and also I had used some of the home remedies too as per internet but still the circles are there. What should I do? Please suggest me.
Stretch marks, as the name suggest; appears when the skin is over stretched. These marks can also appear when the body loses its ability to stretch (use of certain steroids). Both the conditions affect the skin elasticity. As a result, white, red (turn pale over a period of time) or purple streaks appear on the buttocks, armpits, stomach, thighs and chest.
Many factors influence the appearance of stretch marks, also known as Striae distensae:
- Elevated levels of Cortisone hormone (produced by the Adrenal gland) play a pivotal role in the appearance of stretch marks.
- Stretch marks are common during pregnancy. As the foetus grows in size, the skin tends to stretch more and more. This stretching provides sufficient space to the developing foetus. A hormonal imbalance can also mark the appearance of stretch marks during this period. In some, the stretch marks appear after pregnancy.
- Stretch marks are sure to appear when a person experiences a sudden change in the body weight (weight gain or loss). These marks can also be seen in children who are in their growing phase (teenagers).
- Use of Corticosteroids (steroid hormones produced by the adrenal cortex) can leave your body with the unwanted stretch marks. It is advisable to use corticosteroids (pills or cream) under medical supervision.
- Stretch marks may be an outcome of some genetic disorders such as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Marfan's Syndrome. Striae distensae can appear in people with Cushing's Syndrome (the adrenal gland produces the hormone, Glucocorticoids in excess)
Stretch marks often affect person's confidence. Most people find stretch marks extremely annoying and embarrassing. They try every possible trick under the sun to camouflage and get rid of the unwanted marks.
The stretch marks are generally harmless and can be treated:
- Drink plenty of water. It is important to keep the skin hydrated. Bio oils, Vitamin E enriched oils, certain creams, can effectively fades the appearance of stretch marks. Use of moisturisers containing Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter will speed up the fading process.
- Loss or breakdown of collagen protein (fibrous protein) can result in stretch marks. For stretch marks that are not very old, Tretinoin cream comes across as a huge relief. Application of Tretinoin cream helps in the restoration of collagen protein. For pregnant women, it is best to avoid this cream.
- In case the stretch marks are a little older, a person can go for Microdermabrasion.
- Another great technique is the Pulsed Dye Laser Therapy. This therapy works by enhancing the growth of elastin and collagen protein.
All the preventive measures and treatments can help to fade the stretch marks. However, none can guarantee complete disappearance of the marks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
How to prevent Pregnancy Stretch Marks?
There are ways in which you can improve your appearance and get rid of the stretch marks after pregnancy. However, care should be taken to prevent the formation of stretch marks during pregnancy. Preventive measures may include:
1. Using Topical preparations: Ointments and crèmes are one of the best ways to prevent formation of stretch marks, as they increase the elasticity of skin. Verum, olive oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, and vitamin E are the commonly used topical agents. Your provider may prescribe you retinoid crème to get rid of striae.
2. Staying hydrated: During pregnancy your body demands an increased supply of water. Drinking around 8 to 12 glasses of water not only prevents dehydration but also inhibits formation of stretch marks.
3. Using Oil: Similar to topical crèmes, oils can also be used to prevent stretch marks. Olive oil, almond oil, vitamin E, castor and other essential oils have anti-oxidant effects. This prevents formation of stretch marks.
4. Using Zinc: Zinc also has anti-oxidant effects. It also promotes formation of new collagen. This collagen formation promotes reduction of stretch marks.
5. Eating a Healthy diet: Diet is the most important factor, not only to prevent stretch marks but also for a stress free healthy pregnancy. Foods rich in vitamin A, C and E promote collagen formation, thereby preventing stretch marks formation.
6. Getting Massage: Massaging the skin everyday with bitter almond oil increases the blood flow, thereby promoting the formation of new collagen.
When to contact your health care provider:
As time progresses, the stretch marks start fading without any treatment. Contact your provider if you:
• Have developed stretch marks for the first time.
• Have stretch marks due to side effects of certain medicine.
• Have other symptoms along with stretch marks, such as rashes.
Perhaps you've heard this before but not all fats are bad. Fat has been in the bad press for the last few decades now but before you go fat-shaming again, below are some fun facts about fat:
Fat is a nutrient. Yes! Not just a nutrient, but a MACRO-nutrient. This means that the body needs it in a fairly large amount for a host of functions (insulation and cushioning, temperature regulation, protecting your internal organs, transporating your fat-soluble vitamins into body cells amongst other things).
Nutrition science teaches us that 15-25% of our daily energy needs to come from a fat source.
Fats can be divided into types, categories and chain-length: i) Types: Monounsaturated Fats (MUFAs), Polyunsaturated Fats (PUFAs) and Saturated fats ii) Categories: Essential and Non-essential iii) Chain-length: Short-chain, medium-chain and long-chain
While each gram of protein and carbohydrates has 4 calories, each gram of fat has 9 calories. The fact that fat is almost double the amount of calories for each gram bears testimony to the fact that you need a smaller amount to feel full. This also means that if you eliminate fat from your diet, you end up eating more carbohydrates. Don't believe us? Next time, try eating a bowl of 'fat-free' pasta and a bowl of regular pasta and notice the difference in quantity consumption yourself. Post the fat-free pasta, you will also find yourself unsatisfied, restless and hungry within 40 minutes-1 hour
Now perhaps you and people around you refer to yourself and each other as 'fat' in jest, but this does not necessarily mean that you're getting enough good fat in your diet. Health industry experts went insane a few years ago when an epiphany struck us all??Fat does not make us fat!? Here are some warning signs that your fat intake may be inadequate:
Dry, flaky, itchy skin
Experiencing random bouts of feeling cold
Feeling hungry due to lack of satiety and fullness
Mental slugishness/lack of concentration
Brittle hair and nails
Going back to our previous topic of categories of fat, Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids come under the category of essential fats because our bodies aren't able to produce them naturally. The focus of this article is to elucidate the strong associations between essential fat consumption and good looking skin. Read on to learn more about how adding omega-3 and omega-6 onto your diet can affect your skin:
Omega-3 and Omega-6 are two types of PUFA's which are the building blocks of a healthy cell membrane. Think of the cell membrane as basically a wall with some holes punched allowing for things to go in and out. The membrane allows nutrients and waste products to get in and out of the cell. A good membrane (which you can create by eating your omega-3's and 6's) won't allow water to leave the skin cells thereby giving you moist, soft, subtle, hydrated and wrinkle-free skin.
Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids help reduce the body's production of inflammatory compounds -- natural chemicals involved in the aging process, which affect how healthy the skin looks and feels.
Omega-6 Fatty Acids help prevent skin dryness
Omega-3 Fatty Acids nourish your skin, are important for radiance and add softness to your complexion.
Omega-3s also seem to offer the skin protection against sun damage.
Essential fats help prevent acne which tends to occur when glands over produce the substances keratin and sebum. They clog skin pores and result in skin infections. Essential fatty acids have a two-fold benefit for acne. First, they cause healthy cell transference, which helps dissolves the fatty deposits that block pores and cause acne. They also work to repair the skin damaged by pimples and blemishes.
There is evidence to suggest that the healthier and more supple your skin cells, the less intense the appearance of cellulite. Consuming plenty of essential fatty acids will give your skin cells more fullness and flexibility, and thereby possibly reducing the appearance of cellulite.
Food sources: Omega-3s: Ghee, Flaxseeds, Safflower oil, Walnuts, Soy and soybeans, Fortified eggs, Oily fish, Canola oil, Palak or Spinach, Pomogranate, Blackberries, Watermelon Omega-6s: Ghee, Cooking oils, Poultry, Grains, Seeds, Nuts, Green leafy vegetables and Avocado Long story short: we are asking (pleading almost) for you to include fat in your diet in moderation! Why then would you go out and torture yourself with detoxes and scams? Are you a fan of dry skin and looking older than your actual age? We didn't think so. So add 1-2 tsps of ghee to your roti and make the transition back to full-fat milk guilt-free. We assure you that this won't make you fat! You can hunt us down and thank us later at your own time.