Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Parimal Kulkarni
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Parimal KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Impetigo is a type of skin infection commonly seen in children and rarely in adults. It is contagious in nature; bacteria like staphylococcus aureus and at times, streptococcus pyogenes, are responsible for the occurrence of this infection. Generally, the face, hand and neck regions of the children get affected. Impetigo can be classified into two kinds: non-bullous impetigo or impetigo contagiosa and bullous impetigo.
Non-bullous impetigo appears like red sores, which burst rapidly, leaving behind a brownish yellow crust and is more contagious in nature. Bullous impetigo, on the other hand, is generally painless and the blisters are fluid-filled.
The causes of impetigo are as follows:
1. Warm and humid climate may trigger impetigo
2. Contact with an infected child can spread the infection to a healthy child.
3. Cuts or injuries can be responsible for impetigo
4. Sports like football and wrestling can also sometimes lead to impetigo.
5. Insect bite and skin rashes
6. Prolonged use of diapers
8. Skin inflammation may also result in impetigo.
9. At times, animal bites may also result in impetigo.
Impetigo is generally noticed in children belonging to the age group of two-five years. Some of the most common symptoms of impetigo are mentioned below:
1. Blisters that are filled with fluid
2. Red colored sores can pop out on the infected region
3. Itching sensation
4. Lymph nodes may become swollen
5. Pus may come out from the sores
6. Sometimes the sores may look like pimples
Impetigo, though easily curable, must not be ignored as it can spread rapidly to the other parts of your body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.