Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Paras ShahYour feedback matters!
Mere right side wali eye red hai last ek week se and zyada tez roshni mai ankh bhi nai khulti hai aur usme dard bhi ho ra hai aur tym to tym usse pani bhi aata rehta hai and maine betbosal N ,cipla teriflox, moxifloxacin ye sab use Kari hai par usse abhi tak thek nai hua hai please is disease ka name aur koi medicine suggest kar dijiye plzz.
Dear Sir, my name is Atul and I am of 17 years. My eyesight is very week. I can not see the things properly good which are 10 or more metres far from me. So please tell me, what should I do now?
I can't close completely my left eye due to nuero problem, I am taking refresh eye drops regularly. But what should I do for future.
My father is 84 years old and having multiple disease conditions: He suffers from severe anxiety. He gets tensed in very simple incidents of life and thinks a lot about all simple incidents which we in general do not give much attention to. He also suffers from hypertension. Severe hearing loss with damage of tympanic membrane and infection in one ear. Severe spondylitis with disc degeneration and nerve compression with back pain from the same. Painful leg due to sciatica. Blind from glaucoma in right eye and age related macular degeneration in the left eye. Tendency of prostate enlargement, and pain and burning with urination at least twice a year. He also suffers from GI ailments like gas, indigestion, and very soft stools every now and then. Due to his frail and weak physic, we mostly try to avoid any allopathy medications sans emergency situations. For a long period of time, he is taking essentia area once a day and viscum pentarkan once a day. For the last few weeks he is also taking alfalfa tonic. Presently, his blood pressure is mostly normal or very little above normal. I would like to know what should be my approach to his treatment? What medicine regimen should he follow? I would also like to know if there is any medications that can arrest the progression of age related macular degeneration. And if there is any medication to arrest his hearing loss. He seems to get disturbed mostly by the fact that he is gradually losing his vision and listening ability. Thanks
I have red eyes last 2 years and this time is very painful but not a regular only in summer session please help me what I do.
Day by day my eye's pupil is becoming cloudy. What's the reason and what is called? One doctor recommended me for eye surgery and what will be the cost of this surgery?
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.