Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Parag
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ParagYour feedback matters!
I am 34 years of age and have been detected 11.25 tsh after 1 month it became 9.20 with artlife medication. My autoimmune antibodies is very high around 525. Is there a permanent way to cure this disorder.
I am insulin dependent diabetic. I take 40 units of Lantus after dinner. Last 4 months my weight has started reducing and has come down to 80 Kg from 84. My current age is 58 and diabetic since last 3 years
Keeping blood sugar levels under good control for many years can reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack, stroke, heart failure or amputation by about 17 percent among type 2 diabetics, a key study has revealed.
A long-term target hba1c average of about 7-8 was found beneficial.
Hemoglobin a1c (hba1c) test gives the average blood sugar status of last 3 months.
For anyone with type 2 diabetes, a growing body of research supports the idea of taking four medications to help their hearts: metformin to control blood sugar, a statin to control cholesterol and other blood lipids, a blood pressure medication and aspirin.
This quartet of drugs, combined with proper diet and exercise, and quitting of smoking, could help millions of people stave off heart attacks, strokes, heart failure and amputations.
The results were reported in the new england journal of medicine.
Doctors believe that all women are born with a certain quantity of eggs as well as chances of conception. Also, all bodies are unique with individual strengths and weaknesses. Fertility tests can help in unravelling a number of issues as well as the health of your reproductive system as a whole. It is important to address various lifestyle issues in order to retain your fertility and ensure that you have a hassle free conception. Read on to know more about the ways in which you can preserve your fertility.
- Oral health: There are a number of medical studies that go as far as suggesting that the state of the woman’s oral health is a significant factor when it comes to the proper functioning of her reproductive system. Many women who have required treatment for infertility are said to have suffered from oral health problems like inflammation and gum disease. One needs to avoid these issues so as to have more reproductive success. So, it is important to brush and floss on a regular basis in order to have better oral and reproductive health.
- Food: When we are talking about oral health, how can food intake be too far behind? In order to maintain good oral health, it is important to take care of your eating habits. One should steer clear of excessive sugary food intake as well as junk food intake which end up harming the gums as well as the overall system of the patient. Also, you must avoid eating processed carbohydrates like white bread and white rice. It is also a good idea to get your proteins from plant sources rather than animal sources. Furthermore, it is also a good option to strike trans fat off the list and to pick unsaturated fats instead. This kind of a diet is known as low glycemic diet which keeps the sugar levels stable. This helps in boosting all body functions in general, including one’s fertility.
- Smoking: As per a number of medical studies, about 13 per cent of the infertility cases are linked with excessive smoking. Tobacco has an adverse effect on the state of your fertility, and it usually makes the eggs deteriorate at a much faster rate. It can also cause early miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy, which is a dangerous condition where the egg gets lodged in the fallopian tube. Smoking can also bring about early menopause.
- Vitamin supplements: Many doctors suggest that once a woman has entered her child bearing years, it is important to start taking multivitamins as these contain folic acid. Folic acid is an important nutrient that helps in foetal growth and stimulates ovulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
I am 30 year old and my fasting glucose is 105, want to know that am I suffering from diabetes or its normal.
According to figures provided by the World Health Organization, there are currently about 420 million people suffering from diabetes mellitus, in any of its types.
This disease affects one in eleven people, resulting in consequences such as strokes, blindness, heart attacks and chronic renal failure.
In the case of men suffering from this pathology, there is another disease that can not only affect the patient physically but also psychology and is erectile dysfunction.
Fundamentally, it implies the inability to maintain an erection that can lead to a full sexual relationship, affecting in the great majority, diabetic patients between the ages of 50 and 70 years.
Is it true that if I have diabetes I can suffer from erectile dysfunction?
- Yes, and one of the main reasons is because diabetes increases blood sugar levels, causing destruction in the blood vessels.
At the time of having an erection the brain sends an order to the muscles so that these relax, and later, the glasses open and fill with blood generating the erection.
On the other hand, it can also present hardening in the blood vessels what is known as atherosclerosis, which does not allow dilation of the same so you could not reach an erection.
Can erectile dysfunction be diagnosed in time?
- There are currently specialized tests that can demonstrate that a patient is suffering from this disease, but the fastest and most effective method is a constant medical check-up.
Does erectile dysfunction have a cure?
As such there is no cure for this disease, in an initial phase is sought a suitable treatment that allows the patient to have a normal sex life, if this does not work there are other types of drugs that are administered intracavernosa (injections in the Male reproductive member).
In extreme cases, there are surgeries where pumps are implanted that allow a good functioning of the male reproductive system.
How many times a week should a couple have sex to be happy? Science gives the exact number
Physical and emotional intimacy, internal and external factors, form a successful relationship. According to a survey conducted at Florida State University, sex is a key ingredient for marital bliss.
The results of the research were published in the journal Psychological Science, by author Andrea Meltzer. The study was attended by 214 newly married couples. Couples should report their sexual commitment to their partners, assess how satisfied they were with their sex life, and also assess how satisfied they were with their relationship and spouse.
The research found that physical intimacy produces a shine that lasts up to 2 days, increasing long-term relationship satisfaction.
"Our research shows that sexual satisfaction remains high 48 hours after sex, and people with a sexual glow are stronger-that is, people who reported a higher level of sexual satisfaction 48 hours after having sex- reported higher levels High marital satisfaction several months later, "explains Meltzer.
What would be the magic number?
One study uncovered the magic number of how much sex a stable partner should have to be happy. The American research had the participation of more than 30 thousand people with fixed partners and was published in the specialized journal Social Psychological and Personality Science.
They discovered that having sex only once a week is enough to feel satisfied at the wedding. "Although the more frequent sex is associated with greater happiness, this relationship is no longer significant at a frequency greater than once a week," said researcher Amy Muise, a social psychologist.