Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ParagYour feedback matters!
Hello, my aunt is suffering from diabetes. Can yoga prevent it from becoming worse? If yes what kind of exercises are referred?
Hello iam 44 years old and I have a body pain and slight burning sensation, I ham a diabetic, have BP, have cholesterol this body pain just started 3 days back.
My mother has thyroid and has swelling in her whole body and max in arms. She is fed of the pain in arms near shoulder she is taking homeopathic medicines for 3-4 years but till date she have not got relief. She has also pain in the joints of legs. Also every day she suffers from headache and digestive problems (like stomach pain resulting in vomitting after lunch) please tell a solution for this ?
Hello, My current uric acid level is high based on blood test. Can anybody advice me on what type of diet to be taken to prevent uric acid levels from rising up. Thanking you.
Dear sir I was having diabetes since 3 years .recently I came to know that. At present my glucose levels are normal. But I am having ED due to diabetes. Please suggest me good treatment/medicine r else .I do not hav option except to die.
Cornflakes can be taken in evening snacks for diabetic, hypertension and early CKD patient? If not what is the most suitable evening snacks for the patient on low protein diet?
I am 56 years old man. Yesterday I found that I am in blood sugar. What precautions I have to take what is the diet I need to take? Is it necessary to take medication. Once it starts I came to knew that lifelong medication is needed. What is your suggestion for all above? Eagerly waiting.
Are you suffering from diabetes? If yes, then it’s time for you to be extra careful about your health. Diabetes may cause several other diseases as well. You must check your lifestyle and take medical efforts to get rid of diabetes as soon as possible.
You are at risk of developing nerve damages (neuropathy), vascular injuries and other heart diseases, regardless of your age, sex or other external or internal factors. Diabetes patients must strive to maintain fasting blood glucose levels less than 110 mg/dL and hemoglobin HbA1C level less than 7%. Also, diabetes patients should keep a check on blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Here’s how diabetes can affect your overall health:
1. Check your heart: There is a correlation between blood pressure, cholesterol levels and diabetes. Researchers have found that high bad cholesterol levels act as a hindrance to insulin regulation. People with diabetes are more likely to develop heart-related diseases. About 60% diabetes patients die due to heart attacks. Diabetes is responsible for hardening of arteries or atherosclerosis. This situation is dangerous and can cause heart attacks, strokes or other chronic diseases.
2. Neuropathy: Diabetes leads to impaired nerve function. This is called neuropathy. This condition is of two types: Peripheral (which affects toes, feet, legs, hand and arms) and Autonomic (which affects digestion, bowel, bladder, heart and sexual activity). Symptoms of neuropathy include tingling, weakness, burning sensation, numbness in the limbs, digestive disorders, infection of the bladder and erectile dysfunction.
3. Nephropathy: Diabetes is responsible for causing damage to the kidneys as well. This is called nephropathy. In this condition, the filters in the kidney or glomeruli get damaged. As a result, there is a leakage of protein in the urine. Consequently, kidneys get damaged. Urine showing small amounts of protein is an indication of kidney damage. About 20-40% patients suffering from diabetes die due to renal failure. The symptoms of renal disorder due to diabetes include itching, fatigue, urine with protein, swelling of feet and ankles and pale skin colour.
4. Foot ulcers and amputations: Diabetes causes non-injury amputations as it affects the nerve in the limbs, especially foot. Usually, minor infections in the foot may lead to ulcers and later require amputation. In rare cases, Charcot joint or Charcot foot may also occur. This is called neuropathic arthropathy. The symptoms include swelling and reddening of the foot. The bones of the affected foot have a tendency to develop cracks, deforming the entire region.
5. Retinopathy: Diabetes leads to blindness in adults. The eye disorder caused due to diabetes is called retinopathy. Patients with diabetes develop cataract easily. The capillaries and blood vessels in the retina get damaged or obstructed, resulting in damage to the entire retina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.