Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj WaykoleYour feedback matters!
How to get rid of the pimple marks. My skin is oily skin. Especially in summer I get more pimples and sunburn. After using sun cream still I have sun burn on my face. Could you suggest what I can do to get it resolved.
Dear Dr. For the last couple of week I am having a severe pain in my rectal area while going toilet but I have not identified any blood coming out or the rectal area pulling out but still there is severe pain when the stole is coming out can you please advice me how to get relief from this thanking you.
I am 27 years old I am fair I want become white can you suggest me. Also is that glucotione injection are for for me are their any side effects from this please suggest me please.
I have big skin problem when I come in cold whether it air condition or winter then feel too much cold even it happen out of bearable and pain comes too much and looking so bad whole body from hand to feet please help me. My skin looking as old person due to cold.
Every woman endure menopause, by the time she reaches middle age. It comes with a lot of complications, and skin changes are also not spared. It is vital to know how to fight the skin changes of menopause to take right actions at the right time.
Changes Experienced: Major problems faced are hormonal changes and their declines. Ultimately, ovarian activity slows down decreasing in B-Estradiol levels. This leads to hot flashes or warmth feel under the skin, especially on face and profuse sweating. The overall experience leads to decrease in the production of estrogen and progesterone, leading to skin changes.
- Oily Skin: Testosterone production is prominent that stimulates sebaceous glands to secrete thicker sebum making skin appear oily.
- Facial Hair: Some women show development of facial hair, especially on chin.
- Sagging Skin and Wrinkles: Decrease in estrogen leads to fat redistribution. This results in skin sagging on face, neck, hands and arms.
- Elastosis: Lower estrogen levels lead to decrease in collagen and elastin in the skin dermis. UV rays destroy collagen resulting in elastosis.
- Thinning Epidermis: This leads to trans-epidermal water loss and dry skin.
- Hyperpigmentation / Age Spots: Melanin production is tampered.
How to Fight Against It
Here are some tips on how to fight the skin changes of menopause.
1. With age, skin becomes dry. Right cleanser with a creamy formula is a solution for dry skin.
2. Use heavier cream to moisten your skin. Avoid hot, long showers.
3. Skin protection from sunlight is a must. Choose a sunscreen that is from a broad-spectrum SPF30 or higher and use it regularly.
4. Due to hormonal changes, wrinkles appear, and hence you need to apply moisturizer on face, jawline and neck regularly. Use skin-care products meant to act against fine lines and sagging.
5. Face, hands and chest usually get affected with age spots. Use sunscreen every day. Those who are already affected with spots, use exfoliating products. These products help to shed dead skin cells. Toners may also help.
6. Apply moisturiser on hands too and wear gloves while doing household or yard work.
7. Eat foods with antioxidants such as brightly-coloured fruits and vegetables.
8. Soy, which is rich in isoflavones, acts like estrogen in the body.
9. Stress tends to make skin drier. Yoga, meditation, etc. helps to relax.
10. Do exercise regularly to tone your muscles.
11. Sleep well: Beauty sleep is most essential to regenerate your cells. Sleep prevents dark circles under eyes. Around 8 to 9 hours of sleep is recommended.
I have an accident so I got some marks on my face of stitches. Nd cuts. So should I have a plastic surgery or laser surgery.
About face glow my face is to black do you have any suggestion like medicine or ointment to glow without effecting side effect.
I have dark spots on my face and I have tried lot of things to reduce it didn't get reduced but my face become even darker please suggest me a cream for reducing dark spots and getting my fairness back.
I am 23 years old and I have dark spot near the nose on both side or you can see pigmentation its looks odd. What should I do?
I am suffering from a severe constipation problem. Please help me out. Sometimes blood also comes during stool.
As time passes in the mundane chores of our everyday life, the more we grow old. This is one truth of our lives is something that can never be altered. However, it does not mean that it has to be reflected on your body. There are a lot of anti-aging creams in the market, but instead of going through the tedious process of applying them over and over to get satisfying results, an inclusion of natural herbs and spices in your daily diet will not only reduce the signs of aging from your body but also make you feel and look younger.
Advantages of herbs and spices
Most of the herbs and spices contain a healthy amount of antioxidants, minerals and multivitamins, which help improve blood cholesterol levels and the regulation of the blood glucose level. Not to forget that the addition of a suitable amount of herbs and spices in your regular diet increases the taste quotient of even a bland meal. The herbs and spices that really work well as anti-aging agents are as follows:
- Basil: It contains a healthy amount of flavonoids which prevents the body cells from significant damage due to oxidation and strengthens the immune system in general thus, making you feel and look younger.
- Cardamom and mint leaves: This particular spice and herb are particularly useful to relieve your body from any symptoms of indigestion. It also helps in the detoxification of the body.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon helps to control the blood sugar level of the body and also helps to protect the body from obesity.
- Cloves: Cloves helps to initiate better digestion with the help of the anti-inflammatory properties within the herb. This will help keep the digestion problems at bay and thus act as an anti-aging agent
- Ginger: Ginger helps to prevent migraines, provide relief from rheumatoid arthritis and the treatment of indigestion and inflammation. This will also help relieve skin inflammation which is where many of the skin disorders may make you look old.
- Turmeric: A pinch of turmeric in your daily main course can reduce chances of deadly disease like arthritis, asthma, gall bladder disorders and lung cancer. Garlic helps in the activation of liver enzymes which eliminates the toxins from the body.
- Parsley: Parsley contains a rich amount of iron and a regular intake might help in the cleansing of the blood. This will help remove blemishes and thus make your skin look younger.
- Bay leaves and saffron: A regular but limited intake of bay leaves and saffron provides you with a calm and serene temperament. This can lower stress and stop many of the harmful effects, such as aging related problems.
- Cumin: Cumin also contains a lot of iron which helps boost the digestive system and thus keeps your body functioning properly acting as an anti aging ingredient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
How to get rid of tan on my face it look so dull and reddish after day long on exposure to sunlight even for an hour. Please suggest me some home remedies for fair bright skin without any spots or breakouts due to sunlight.
Body hair are typically seen as a manly attribution. For this reason, both men and women are constantly trying to keep their body hair free. Common ways of removing body hair includes shaving, waxing and the use of Depilatories. However, none of these techniques can permanently remove hair and hence need to be repeated regularly. The only way to permanently remove body hair is through laser hair removal therapy.
Laser hair removal can be used to address and remove hair on almost any part of the body including the face, arms, legs and bikini line. This procedure involves focusing intense light on the hair follicle pigments known as melanin without affecting the surrounding skin. The melanin absorbs this light energy and converts it to heat energy which in turn stops the stem cells in the hair roots from regenerating. This weakens the hair follicles to the point of falling off.
Hair removal is considered permanent when the hair follicles do not grow back. After the first session, new hair growth is often lighter and less dense than before. On an average, complete hair removal may require 5 to 6 laser sessions. Since laser therapy can be used to address only those follicles that are in the growing stage, these sessions are usually spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart. During this time the hair follicles that were in the resting phase can grow out. The number of sessions required also depends on the quality and number of hair follicles, individual’s hormone levels, and metabolism. In some cases where hair growth is very dense, maintenance treatment may be required once in six months or annually.
The procedure is relatively pain free. During the treatment, the patient may experience a faint prick or sensation of warmth. When treating sensitive areas, topical anesthesia may also be used. However, this is rarely needed. This form of laser therapy can take anywhere between 5 to 45 minutes for a single session depending on the amount of area being addressed.
Laser hair removal is considered a safe procedure and has minimal side effects. In some cases, it may cause a temporary change in the color of the skin of the treated area, but this usually resolves itself without medication. This can be prevented by using a good sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection and avoiding exposure to sunlight. In rare cases, people with a dark complexion may develop blisters and experience swelling and redness of the skin.
My marriage is soon I want to fair in less time Actually I'm good looking but I want cherished Sweet skin Thanks Any one can help me.
I am having itching out side anus for the last three months. I have applied sofradex-f but it has not fully cured. After some days of relief it again re-occur. Advise me.
Following a proper skin care regime ensures a flawless skin. You cannot enjoy a beautiful, supple, flawless skin without taking good care of it or putting much effort into it. Giving energy and time into taking good care of your skin will result into soft and alluring skin. However, sometimes despite a proper skin care regime, your skin looks dull and unhealthy. This is due to the habits you have incorporated that ruin your skin as a consequence and make it look drab.
Mentioned below are 5 habits, which are terrible for your skin and should be stopped at once:
- Washing your face with harsh cleansers: Most people who are prone to oily skin resulting in acne and pimples, resort towards cleansers and exfoliators to dry their skin out. While this seems like a great idea in theory, the cleaners end up removing the beneficial oils produced by the skin and destroy the skin's natural protective barrier.
- Using products stored in jars: Skin experts and dermatologists believe that tube packaged products are much better than products stored in a jar. This is because most skin care products contain antioxidants, which break down when repeatedly exposed to air and sun, thus making your products less effective with every use.
- Skimping on sleep: Apart from benefitting your mood, energy levels and metabolism, sleep also rewards you with a beautiful skin. It keeps dark circles away and makes your skin glow. Lack of sleep causes stress and generates free radicals in our skin, thus harming it.
- Using cotton pillowcases instead of satin ones: Your collagen breaks down due to persistent pressure of your face into your pillow, which is traumatic to your skin. Avoid too much friction by opting for satin pillows instead of cotton ones. Moreover, if you are prone to acne, wash your pillows every week to remove the buildup of residue that accumulates on your sheets.
- Talking too much on the phone: Studies show that bacteria gathers on the surface of your phone, which is why you must clean it every time you talk over the phone or talk to them on speaker. Phone applies pressure on your face, which traps the oil and causes zits.