Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. PankajYour feedback matters!
My left is suffering from glaucoma (expected as per eye specialist0, what should be the remedy for this ?
I am 21 year old. I eat decadan, practin and bicasule tablets 2 months when I left these tablets .I have suffered from peptic ulcer from 6 months ago. I am feeling chest pain during breathing and walking. Then I consulted a general physician he prescribed me medicines (Medirab-dsr ,ciplar-LA 40, nexito -5, zazen-ADR) for 40 days. After eating these medicines I feel better and chest pain was also cured. But from last 5-6 days chest pain started again. Please give some remedies for recover forever.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I am having self masturbation habit for last 15 years since I did not get married. I can not able to stop this habit previously I did 2 times a day now I slowly controlled to twice in a week pls tell me how could I stop this problem. Also tell whether I have sex problems in feature.
Can you please give me solution for chronic neck and back ache. Have been taking calcium and vitamin D3 and also nothing found in x-ray.
I am suffering from constipation since 5 days my bowels don't come out even after stimulation. What should I do.
A lower limb ulcer or a leg ulcer is characterized by the formation of a chronic sore. These sores take more than a month to heal, and tend to develop on the insides of the leg. It is characterized by symptoms of pain, swelling in the affected area and itching. The skin around the ulcer tends to harden and get discolored. A foul smelling discharge is also common.
These sores tend to form if there is a minor injury in the leg. This tends to develop when the blood circulation inside the veins of the leg is hampered, that results in an increase in blood pressure. The high blood pressure can damage the vessels under the skin, making them fragile. The skin tends to break and form ulcers easily after a cut or a wound has been sustained.
There are certain factors that increase the risks of lower limb ulcer; them being:
Obesity: Being overweight can lead to an increase in blood pressure in the leg, augmenting the risk of lower leg ulcer (learn more to reduce obesity)
Varicose Veins: This disorder is characterized by swollen veins resulting from malfunctioning valves. This disorder of the veins increases the risks of lower limb ulcers.
Age: Ageing increases the chances of lower leg ulcer. This is because old age and its related disorders tend to limit your movement.
The symptoms of lower limb include discoloration of the skin, swollen ankles, a heavy feeling in the lower limbs, flaky and itchy skin and enlarged veins in the legs. A foul smelling discharge from the wound and high fever are common symptoms as well.
The treatment begins with cleaning the affected area. Medicines are applied on the area, following which the dressing is applied on the wound. In order to treat the swelling and improve the circulation in the legs, a compression bandage is also wrapped around the area. These bandages help in easing the blood circulation and relieving pain.
In order to facilitate quicker healing of the ulcer, it is recommended to remain active and ditch a sedentary lifestyle completely. It is advised to keep your leg elevated while you are sitting or lying down; this helps better the blood circulation. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol as they inevitably slow down the healing process.
Sir my father is a patient of sugar and high bp recently he had a operation on stone in gal blander now he feels some pain on chest Dr. Says their is nothing and all report comes normel he feels pain always now I want to know what is the cause for it. Please help.
I have some heath related issued with my body sometimes I feel so pain in my body and I does not know why is this happen and after that I will go to medical shop and tell them that give me a pain killer because i have pain in my body.
I am 34years old pl suggest I have during sex my liquid discharge very fast so pl suggest medicine thanks.
If the body temperature rises above 40 degrees C and the body loses the ability to cool down, it is considered heatstroke/sunstroke
High body temperature
Increasing Heart rate
Nonexertional or classic heatstroke
In both cases, the effects of heatstroke can be exacerbated by wearing too much clothing, not replacing water lost to sweating and by drinking alcohol, which can affect the body's temperature regulation
Home Treatment for Heat Stroke
In order to treat a heat stroke a medical health care provider will focus on cooling your body so that it reaches its normal temperature as soon as possible. Some of the simple self-care steps that are advised in this case include:
- Cold Water: It may become necessary to immerse your entire body in cold water or ice water so that your body temperature can be brought down as quickly as possible. You could do this by sitting in a bathtub filled with cold water for around 5 or 10 minutes.
- Cooling Blanket: If it is not possible for you to sit in a bathtub, you could warp a special cooling blanket around yourself, after packing your groin area, neck, chest, and back with ice packs
- Rehydrate your Body: You need to alleviate body temperature internally and externally and therefore, it is important that you drink a lot of water. Drinking extra fluids can help reduce the risks of dehydration.
- Diet for Heat Stroke : Diet for heat stroke can help to prevent the problem to some extent.
Eat a high amount of fresh fruits and vegetables and especially those that have a cooling effect on the body and contain a lot of water
- Avoid any food items that are high in salt, as excess sodium could hamper the regular production of sweat in the body
- Drink an additional amount of fluids, like fresh juice or an energy drink as it could replenish the levels of water in your body
- Consume some buttermilk, made from yogurt. Not only is this very cooling, but can also be great for the overall health.
- Add healthy sources of protein to your diet, which mainly include nuts, pulses, and olive oil. This will steady your blood sugar levels, thereby preventing heat strokes.
Suggestion for Heat Stroke
First of all, choose your clothes carefully; opt for light fabrics in a loose fit, which will allow your skin to breathe. Moreover, if you are taking any medication, like antidepressants, antipsychotics, diuretics or beta blockers, it is best to check with your doctor, for additional precautions to prevent a heat stroke.
Today I got to know I am suffering from varicocele in my left testis. Doctor gave me medicine and told me if pain will not calm down I have to go for operation. I listen from my homeopath, homeopathy is best suitable for this problem it cures without surgery. Can you give me any suggestion where to treatment in hyderabad? Or what can I do please.
I am Suffering from fever since 2 days. Consulter a doctor. Taken medicines. After having medicines fever just decreases for an hour and again I suffer from fever. Even joint pains. My fever is 103.
I am 20 year old female. I had sinus since my childhood (as I am suffering it when climate change or any change occurred in my body. Every day morning I am suffering from sneezes (continuously 10-15. How get rid of sinus?
In continuation to my earlier question I have been asked to mention my sugar level. Last tested one week back the fasting was 131 and the pp was 165. Sugar has been detected a month back. My coloeatrol level was little on higher side. So I have been advised to take Razel A-150 after dinner for 2 months. As I have already mentioned for diabetic I am taking Zita plus. The leg is swelling for past one month.
I haven't slept for 2 days because of my ear pain I don't kno what happen but its paining alot I even contacted a specialist but still it don't work? What to do? Please help me?
I do masturbate in regular basis. But I want to reduce it. But I couldn't. Can you please help me out of this!
Melasma is a condition that causes the skin to bear a patchy appearance with dark and discoloured segments. It is also commonly known as chloasma when it is found in pregnant women. This is a condition that can be found in women more commonly than it is found in men. Let us cast a glance on the symptoms, causes, as well as the ways of identifying and treating this condition.
- Identifying Melasma: There are many symptoms with which one can identify and recognise Melasma. These include brownish coloured patches that may appear on the cheeks, forehead, chin and even the bridge of the nose. These patches will usually be much darker than the actual skin colour of the patient, which makes them stand out even more prominently. One will generally see these symmetrical patches on either sides of the face and other parts of the body that are left exposed to the Sun for prolonged hours, on a regular basis. These symptoms can help you in identifying the condition, in which case you must immediately see a dermatologist who will help in formal diagnosis and immediate treatment.
- Causes: The causes of Melasma are unknown so far. Sensitivity to estrogen and progesterone are also considered as the cause behind the advent of this skin condition, especially during menopause and for women who regularly take birth control and other hormonal pills for any other ailment. Constant exposure to the Sun can also alter the cells that create and control one's pigment also known as melanocytes.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of Melasma is done with the help of a physical examination that will study the area that has been affected. Thereafter, the doctor may perform the wood's lamp examination where a light is held up against the skin so that the doctor can check the depth of the skin that has been affected. A biopsy may be conducted for more severe cases by taking a small portion of skin tissue and examining under the microscope.
- Treatment: Most women report that Melasma disappears on its own. These patches slowly fade after delivery, or once the birth control pills and hormonal therapy stop. One needs to use a good sunscreen at all times of the day. A light makeup helps to camouflage the condition. The dermatologist can also ask you to use certain medicated creams that can help in fading the patches to a great extent. Also, chemical peels and dermabrasion are other mild procedures that can be carried out in such cases, to exfoliate the top layer of the skin. Q switched laser helps to treat the resistant dermal melasma cases. One must remember that these ointments and procedures do not guarantee that the condition will not recur in the future. In several patients, Melasma needs maintenance treatment to prevent recurrence.